noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

Any news?

I have been struck with too much real life stuff (though to be honest ACRE is pretty much real life as well). Moving this weekend and starting up school again on Monday. Not sure when I am going to get my Arma rig to my new place though, probably by the end of the week.

I am considering asking for donations in the near future since ACRE does take up a significant amount of my time (and to an extent money) and Jaynus is no longer on the project (no drama, just real life got him too, he is taking a job in California at a start up). I am trying to gauge interest in this though. :)

Link to a donations account so we can pitch in?

I want ACRE damnit :v

I haven't set one up yet. :) I might eventually though! Just need to make things kosher. :)

Don't worry, ACRE for A3 is pretty much ready, I just haven't had the time to polish the last bits for a public release. It is essentially the same as what UO is using right now though so if you need your fix you can snag it from them in the mean time. ;)

Will you take contributions from the community if they come up with new features/ideas for ACRE 2? Or do you have to be an ACE team developer to contribute actual content other than financial means?

But, once you decide on the donations like (either a go/no go) I'd like to help in some small way. I absolutely understand that what starts out as a "I want to script this to make the game better" gets out of hand sometimes and it becomes as close to a real life job as anything else.

Keep up the hard work Nou.

You mean ACRE team (ACRE isn't related to ACE :p). Anyway, at the moment yea, only myself can really contribute due to a couple reasons (which hopefully will be resolved soon).

Since ACRE is also marketed in the VBS2 realm (though that business hasn't really taken off, hence the possibility of asking for donations, haha) issues of copyright, etc come into play. :( In other words I'd love help to make ACRE better for the community, but its complicated right now. That being said, ACRE 2 is going to make it WAY easier to mod ACRE itself. :) It should really help with people who want to contribute in a non-offical way (see Tupolev's amazing work with the Bowman system for ACRE 1).

I am thinking this might be a good time for BIS to step up to the platter and provide NoberNou with support to get ACRE 2 going and perhaps get it implemented into arma 3.

I think most of us were hoping against hope that ACRE would be in A3 by default... eh...

Nou, the interest is there, do not worry. I suppose that for each of us that visit and write here (I know it's the case with myself), there are at least 5-10 guys that ask us about ACRE in A3, and when it's gonna happen and all that.

I am thinking this might be a good time for BIS to step up to the platter and provide NoberNou with support to get ACRE 2 going and perhaps get it implemented into arma 3.
Well I might be talking out my ass, but since ACRE use TS, there could be issues with Bis and TS lic...?

Anyway really really missing ACRE in A3.. having to use Direct in game with TS ch. Is sub optimal.

I haven't set one up yet. :) I might eventually though! Just need to make things kosher. :)

Don't worry, ACRE for A3 is pretty much ready, I just haven't had the time to polish the last bits for a public release. It is essentially the same as what UO is using right now though so if you need your fix you can snag it from them in the mean time. ;)

Just to confirm one way or another, are you allowing people to download it from UO and run it on their servers (and possibly rehost it via an SU repo etc)?

Edited by Jsmuk

I have been struck with too much real life stuff (though to be honest ACRE is pretty much real life as well). Moving this weekend and starting up school again on Monday. Not sure when I am going to get my Arma rig to my new place though, probably by the end of the week.

I am considering asking for donations in the near future since ACRE does take up a significant amount of my time (and to an extent money) and Jaynus is no longer on the project (no drama, just real life got him too, he is taking a job in California at a start up). I am trying to gauge interest in this though. :)

Thanks for respond. My community will use UO Acre till public release. Its working fine anyway :P

Ive got it and it works great for me. Only problem is the radio cant be brought up so I can increase power, change channels or adjust volume. For some reason it does work in single player, which is redundant. Anyone else having that problem/ got solutions?

Same issue, no idea.

I've tested it on the UO servers, works fine. Tried on my own, worked. I remember a friend having the "can't bring it up" (keep a straight face) issue, will talk to him and see if we can pinpoint the cause.

Just had a very nice Session with it having next to no problems!

Iva allready said it and I ll repeat it: I would love to contribute via some retextures of the existing ACRE radios.

To be honest - they dont look that good^^ I would really like to help improving them!

Just PM me if you like and if you are able TO ACCEPT help there(regarding your post above)

Greetings!

acre works rock solid stable for me since days. that is if you use TS PTT and not voice activation.

acre works rock solid stable for me since days. that is if you use TS PTT and not voice activation.

This. :thumb: We tried the well known workaround (different recording profiles) and fiddling with settings to make it work with TS voice activation - to no avail. Since switching to the recommended two PTT-key setup it works like a charm.

Guys

Having a problem with the keys...

As usual have the keys within the keys folder on the server, but still getting the not signed error when I try to join..

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I played last night and it worked solid on the server. The only issue I had is with them loading in the Virtual Ammo System. We used the PRC-152s, and the performance as far as RF range and whatnot, was great.

Here is what I have encountered so far:

1. The PRC-117 will load in your inventory, but fail to take the radio slot. Likewise, it gives you the option of putting it in your launcher slot, but promptly disappears from your inventory all together after showing up for a split second. This radio so far is unusable.

2. The PRC-119 will load in inventory, and occupy your radio slot. The radio will pull up and allow adjustment. The only issue so far with this is regarding manual freq changes. It will let you change the freq, but there is no way to get it to commit the change. Changing channels, it will let you edit the default freqs, and again you can't commit the changes. The only way to get it out of "edit mode" seems to be turning the radio off or putting it in standby.

That is it so far. The 152, 148, and 343 have worked pretty well. The 152 seems to have some screens that allow interaction, but show blank. They are not necessary for gameplay though.

Can't wait to get it working 100%!!

Edited by bradt

could someone post a pic or something or a link , i have no idea whats going on here :p

Need help only the host can open radio. when i join on our server i cant open but if i host myself i can open and other who join cant open it.

Need help only the host can open radio. when i join on our server i cant open but if i host myself i can open and other who join cant open it.

Might be you're the only one actually running the mod? Check the RPT error messages for the server and the people who join you to see if they are missing ACRE.

I fixed the fault was in a the mission. The mission had problems with CBA. Other missions works well. Thx 4 trying help.