noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

Buck,

I think you are misunderstanding. The radios can all talk to each other if they are on the same freq and crypto. The channels are preloaded so we have no worry for that. The 152 and 117 are the sat com radios they can also operate in line of sight mode. The Sat Com radios have better range overall because they work of sat. Los is limited by terrain. Im asking if this is going to work or will the 117 and 152 in sat mode be los radios

SATCOM will be in ACRE2, though it will come with all the fun stuff related to using Satellite Radios.

wouldn't it be cool if you could hear a firefight happening in the background while someone was transmitting over the radio?

If you could make it record the player's speakers(at a lower volume, so it doesn't overpower their voice) as well as their microphone, then it'd be possible. Or you could use Virtual Audio Cable to set both your speakers and mic' to a new line, then use that as your input device.

If you could make it record the player's speakers(at a lower volume, so it doesn't overpower their voice) as well as their microphone, then it'd be possible. Or you could use Virtual Audio Cable to set both your speakers and mic' to a new line, then use that as your input device.

Never heard of VAC. That I need to try!

I can't wait to see the premiere. Great work, gentlemen. :D

Just a suggestion: wouldn't it be cool if you could hear a firefight happening in the background while someone was transmitting over the radio? Imagine you're back at base and then a squad contacts you while under heavy fire - you would be able to hear the sender's voice as well as the firefight that's happening in the background. Would really add to the immersion and gameplay.

Not sure how easy/difficult this would be, but if its achievable it could really change the whole Combat Radio experience.

J

I always really liked playing with people using loudspeakers due to the sound leaking when they use the radio lol. Always cool to be able to hear what's going on in the background when you are on coms.

Are you also modelling new radio for arma 3 or do we have to use the bagpack from the A2 version?

Edited by Papanowel

Just a suggestion: wouldn't it be cool if you could hear a firefight happening in the background while someone was transmitting over the radio? Imagine you're back at base and then a squad contacts you while under heavy fire - you would be able to hear the sender's voice as well as the firefight that's happening in the background. Would really add to the immersion and gameplay.

Not sure how easy/difficult this would be, but if its achievable it could really change the whole Combat Radio experience.

J

great idea !!!!

As Arma 3 is set in the future; would it be an idea to add a "futuristic" radio that also has a texture-in-texture "screen" on it so you can see eachother (ingame characters) during a conversation?

As Arma 3 is set in the future; would it be an idea to add a "futuristic" radio that also has a texture-in-texture "screen" on it so you can see eachother (ingame characters) during a conversation?

Hmm..

(without having actual evidence of this..)

History have shown that ACRE and ACE working in the same line

So..(hypothesis) i believe the port/migration of ACE will bring "today's" military assets and no "futuristic"ones-so ACRE (another hypothesis)

will continue in the same line (Today's default equipment)

..and i 'll be glad..

Sounds sort of cool, but do you think there's any point in ever making such a radio, now or in the future?

Hmm..

(without having actual evidence of this..)

History have shown that ACRE and ACE working in the same line

So..(hypothesis) i believe the port/migration of ACE will bring "today's" military assets and no "futuristic"ones-so ACRE (another hypothesis)

will continue in the same line (Today's default equipment)

..and i 'll be glad..

i thought they wanted to make the A3 futuristic stuff but also todays stuff

ACRE will continue to represent present day real world systems, since those are the ones that exist. I am not in the business of dictating what technology will be like in 2035. I am interested in simulating what is available today.

ACRE2 will have an extensive framework for the community to easily build their own radios though, so if someone else is interested then they can work on their own radios.

ACRE will continue to represent present day real world systems, since those are the ones that exist. I am not in the business of dictating what technology will be like in 2035. I am interested in simulating what is available today.

ACRE2 will have an extensive framework for the community to easily build their own radios though, so if someone else is interested then they can work on their own radios.

Fucking thank you! It's refreshing to see this! Too many people are going crazy, "Oh, well one time someone on History Channel mentioned jet packs so obviously we should all ride Ptereodactyl's in 2035..."

SATCOM will be in ACRE2, though it will come with all the fun stuff related to using Satellite Radios.

Rgr that.

Nou,

Great news. Seriously the Alpha has showed a lot of folks how hard it is to go back to not having ACRE. Geezz, I remember when you guys first started on ACRE when I was doing some advising from my military/commo background. It still is so amazing what this mod does and how it has changed this simulation. You have me on skype still, so if you need any assistance let me know.

Delighted to hear about the progress of ACRE for ArmA 3 - this game is going to be great, with ACRE this game will be complete! :)

ACRE has become THE MUST HAVE mod in arma now days. Its the absolute uncontested #1 necessity. Really excited to have this back! As always, thank you ever so much for taking the time to develop and work this! Really looking forward to it!

ACRE has become THE MUST HAVE mod in arma now days. Its the absolute uncontested #1 necessity. Really excited to have this back! As always, thank you ever so much for taking the time to develop and work this! Really looking forward to it!

its #2, CBA is #1

its #2, CBA is #1

once both solve their performance issues, then yes.