noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment for Arma 3

Yeah we do. ACE and ACRE are totally different, and the radios are provided by ACRE, though I believe that some additional radios were included in ACE (119s in ALICE packs).

A request if possible...

Im not sure if it could work or not but is it any way so make all voices/radiocommunication muted when under water? It would make diving so much more interesting :)

A request if possible...

Im not sure if it could work or not but is it any way so make all voices/radiocommunication muted when under water? It would make diving so much more interesting :)

I believe it was talked about somewhere that the re-breathers (LAR-Vs) in game have microphone adapters, so i assume radio communication would be allowed by not talk.

Finally! FINALLY! I don't have to listen to 30 people scream at the same time. :D

Just a suggestion: wouldn't it be cool if you could hear a firefight happening in the background while someone was transmitting over the radio? Imagine you're back at base and then a squad contacts you while under heavy fire - you would be able to hear the sender's voice as well as the firefight that's happening in the background. Would really add to the immersion and gameplay.

Not sure how easy/difficult this would be, but if its achievable it could really change the whole Combat Radio experience.

J

Just a suggestion: wouldn't it be cool if you could hear a firefight happening in the background while someone was transmitting over the radio? Imagine you're back at base and then a squad contacts you while under heavy fire - you would be able to hear the sender's voice as well as the firefight that's happening in the background. Would really add to the immersion and gameplay.

Not sure how easy/difficult this would be, but if its achievable it could really change the whole Combat Radio experience.

J

I'm thinking about it over two years of using ACRE - it's will be perfect if it possible.

Thank god, A3 with no ACRE is almost non-playable for me due to the lack of Comm discipline and clutter

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

J

I've heard it on Arma 2 a few times, i've heard the transmitters weapon firing. Dont know if it was intentional, but it added to the game experience.

Noub, I have a question - will this transition ignore the underwater environment at all? Or will we not be able to hear send underwater broadcasts?

Can't wait!

Just a question, most of the radios in ACRE work off a line of sight setup. Anyway to make the dual band radios actually work off SAT com as opposed to line of sight?

Just a question, most of the radios in ACRE work off a line of sight setup. Anyway to make the dual band radios actually work off SAT com as opposed to line of sight?

I never had this with Acre. The way it worked was the 343 was short range, 148 and 152(Sat radio) are medium range ((but the 152 had larger range then the 148's)), 117, 119 are long range. The 148 had UHF and VHF one working better in mountain areas and the other working better in Urban places. Maybe some one had a mod on the server you were on or I am miss understanding you. The 152 reached almost the whole map of Falluja from my experience.

Just saying

Edit: I can't wait for this, as another post said most people don't know how to keep comm's clear. Thanks for all the work you are doing to get ACRE working. Now all we need is ACE!

Buck,

I think you are misunderstanding. The radios can all talk to each other if they are on the same freq and crypto. The channels are preloaded so we have no worry for that. The 152 and 117 are the sat com radios they can also operate in line of sight mode. The Sat Com radios have better range overall because they work of sat. Los is limited by terrain. Im asking if this is going to work or will the 117 and 152 in sat mode be los radios

Buck,

I think you are misunderstanding. The radios can all talk to each other if they are on the same freq and crypto. The channels are preloaded so we have no worry for that. The 152 and 117 are the sat com radios they can also operate in line of sight mode. The Sat Com radios have better range overall because they work of sat. Los is limited by terrain. Im asking if this is going to work or will the 117 and 152 in sat mode be los radios

OK I got ya now, wasnt sure what you meant