sabre

US Army & USMC Infantry Textures

I'd just like to ask about the images that are posted in the first topic, is that the campaign? and if not are those animations, with the guns lowered and to their side in one hand a mod or something? I'd really like to change this stupid walking animation, I'm sorry but it looks like your character crapped himself and is power walking home to wipe his butt :/ not very well done imo.

Anyway, if you could let me know that would be great, I would love to have those animations

The animation is just the default lowered weapon stance. Hit L-ctrl twice and your unit will switch from the combat stance.

Good work on the units !

I think if someone could make a replacement pack out of it with the incorporation of RH's Mk18 addon to change the default weapons as well to make NATO as on screenshots, I would be in heaven ! :)

+1 to that!

Hey Sabre, awesome mod! Your units are of a+ quality but I miss a crewman and maybe a helicopter pilot/helicopter crewman, could you add those?

Still using these units every day. They're absolutely the best retextures out there! Could you maybe add NATO Woodland camo to the USMC mod? Would be highly appreciated! :)

Still using these units every day. They're absolutely the best retextures out there! Could you maybe add NATO Woodland camo to the USMC mod? Would be highly appreciated! :)

looking through the game files they actually did have M81 woodland as a uniform, but never added it.

Sorry, but there seems to be an issue with the server key link. I would love to use this mod on our server. However, the server key link keeps failing and right clicking to save as just fails as well. Any way we could get an updated link? Pwetty pwease! :3 I've used this mod a sh*t ton in SP since it's release! Would love to do some MP w/ it. <3

Please Sabre, do not let your Marines addons die, it's too awesome to do this! :)

Dude does a lot of work with other teams, his got a lot on his plate. But im sure you'll see them at some point.

I really hope this mod isn't dead. but PLEASE PLEASE Sabre can you add these units to Zeus I would be more then appreciative And these units are my favourite infantry mods and probably my favourite two mods in all of ArmA 3

I hope you continue to make awesome mods because it seems like you have been dead recently but if you are reading this keep up your amazing work you have a gifted talent :D

thanks,

Tom :D

I love your us army units its simple and gets the job done but i have noticed something... There is nor armor value for the vests and helmets, leading to my troops demise i would love if you could quickly update it and add some armor value to both and since im new n the threads i dont know how to put a picture from my hard drive to the forums sorry

ThankYou

Can you please update this and the USMC mod so that the vests and helmets have armor values like vanilla? in arsenal they report having an armor value of 0.

Can you please update this and the USMC mod so that the vests and helmets have armor values like vanilla? in arsenal they report having an armor value of 0.

I don't think Sabre will be udating this as his unit textures are in RHS now.. I think hes pretty much diverted his multicam goodness to RHS

Yeah I don't see an update coming for these.

I'm more of a fan of doing current day/past-era stuff and I'm now involved in projects doing just that.

Hi sabre,

I am interested in trying to fix and update your reskin. I am a noob in modding but i would at least try to and if i get your permission post a dropbox link in this forum for download and maybe you can update your official one.

Would this be ok for you?

Hey Sabre, I really loved these mods back in the day! In my opinion the USMC in particular are still some of the best re-textures of Marpat on the 2035 NATO units. No other mod comes close in my opinion, I have fond memories at looking at both these mods on Youtube during the A3 alpha/beta ( I didn't have the game at the time) and being so amazed. And finally being able to get my hands on the mod around the games launch, I mean you can see my passion in my earlier comment from 2014 if you scroll up a few comments (granted I was 15 myself at the  time so it comes across a little needy)😄

Obviously since then you have moved onto other projects and have no interest in updating this which is fair enough but recently, I have been making a mod myself which is super basic in the grand scheme of things. (it was just a simple config re-write of changing the gear on NATO units to what I prefer as well as adding some new re-textured helmets but worked rather well and I gained a lot of experience about doing it.) And so, like the person above me I was wondering if I'd be able to update the US army and USMC units and release it to the workshop of course giving you full credit for the textures etc and just bringing it to todays standards, correct Arma values, available in Zeus etc.

Now while writing this comment, I did view the steam workshop to see if anyone had already done this and see if I was just being stupid; and I did find this mod which had just been made the other month which I am super happy about but there are a lot of issues with it such as error messages and no armour values on vests, non zeus compatibility etc.

I am no way saying I can do a complete better job, there may be several issues I run into that slow me down but I'd definitely like to give it a go. But instead of having two duplicate mods, I could work on the US army stuff as I hadn't seen a new mod for that and if I get it to work well I could maybe work with the other person to get the config working for the USMC perhaps. Or I could work on a totally separate one altogether with both factions which is what I originally hoped for but as long as you give me permission of course.

Thanks for reading and hopefully you reply! 🙂

• Like 1

Yeah no worries, 

Just maintain all original credits etc. 

Have fun.

• Like 2