Sign in to follow this  
silentcid

Civilians running for the hills.

I have opFor occupying a village with civilians but when I go in to see pathing issues. I noticed my civilians are running for the hills and not doing their normal path. Their waypoints are put in safe but they seem to be afraid of the opFor and run. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong? I just want them stay in the city but follow behavior when fighting happens.

For disabling movement you can probably use http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/disableAI.

Try to set the behaviour mode of the waypoint to CARELESS.

Setting to careless still allows them to run from their pathing and head for the hills away from my occupied town. The disableAI prevents them from moving and acting on their own but they also ignore the waypoints that are assigned to them. I was hoping for them to walk in town without fear of the opfor like mimic everyday activities or at the very least continue on the set waypoints. Do you think that's too complex for a mission editing or to script?

you can make civilians friendly to opfor and they will not be afraid of them when near.

EAST setFriend CIVILIAN

Thanks for your help everyone. I did a bit of Googling to with the code snippets that you guys provided me and found something that I can use. It's was a simple fix by going to the Intel window and setting independents to be friendly on both sides. It was by default set to bluFor and now by switching it I was able to get my civilians to take the waypoints without being scared of the opFor guys.