Sign in to follow this  
thedog88

ARP 2 - Objects pack

hm ill look into it. the cds etc i can do. i cna also do the model for the DSLR but probably not a weapon :( maybe somebody will come around and do it once the model is there :D

What about a PC with ArmA on the Screen, so we can play ArmA while we play ArmA. jk.

Good work, keep it on! :)

Very nice work, dog!

I think the mapsize is fine since most of the stuff used for tactical planning is quite high-res and thus a big map would not seem out of place if the proportions of the content and in comparison with the tables are ok as well :)

I'd love it if you could try yourself on some bigger missile warheads (like improvised WMD's). It would be awesome if you could also craft a version of them being stacked beneath a heavy duty cloth :) They would serve extremely well as objectives for various missions and scenarios.

Cheers!

Very nice! I am happy to see you're working on an A3 version now! :) That table looks pretty sweet.

purepassion i love that idea so much ill put it in the initial release hopefully first release goes out by sunday. I have roughly 10-15 objects done that just need to be out in the config and can be pushed out. After that i will try to do weekly updates. But wmd's sound gretat for mission makers.

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

Glowbal. Thanks man hope to see you port your stuff as well. Working on a large project. Your help would be appreciated if interested: )

What about some beer and soda cans? If you won't make then i will :D

I also think the size of the map is good :)

-astast

purepassion i love that idea so much ill put it in the initial release hopefully first release goes out by sunday. I have roughly 10-15 objects done that just need to be out in the config and can be pushed out. After that i will try to do weekly updates. But wmd's sound gretat for mission makers.

Awesome man, looking forward to your witchcraft! I think not only mission makers will enjoy your work :)

Thanks a lot!

Glowbal. Thanks man hope to see you port your stuff as well. Working on a large project. Your help would be appreciated if interested: )

I can't promise anything as I'm currently working on a new project, but if you need any help with something you're always welcome to drop me a message.

Ill shoot you a pm when im home. Thanks for any help my friend.

UPDATE! laptop is in game, a bit big but will be rescaled before release. ;) enjoy

2013031500001.jpg

Very nice work, dog!

I think the mapsize is fine since most of the stuff used for tactical planning is quite high-res and thus a big map would not seem out of place if the proportions of the content and in comparison with the tables are ok as well :)

I'd love it if you could try yourself on some bigger missile warheads (like improvised WMD's). It would be awesome if you could also craft a version of them being stacked beneath a heavy duty cloth :) They would serve extremely well as objectives for various missions and scenarios.

Cheers!

model is done, basic texture is applied. i just need to work the texture a bit, collision model it and put it in but should be ready on sunday :)

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8266/wmd.png (164 kB)

EDIT:

oh snap nuclear warhead spotted on stratis. Iran is serious... http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/8271/2013031600001.jpg (132 kB)

Edited by Thedog88

all the items u described are in my ARP Items pack for arma 2. they are inventory items but when you drop them on the ground they are not modeled so they are the default green satchel bag. ill see how im gonna implement this into this mod and maybe make them cross reference at some point. but thanks for your input

I tried to use your ARP-Addon in ARMA 3 and got the error "Addon 'ARP_Items' requires addon 'CAWeapons' ". How did you make it work in ARMA 3?

i never got them working in a3 myself, never tried and honestly wont. since i learned how to go from nothing to in game 3d object i will shift my entire focus towards that instead of inventory items. eventually i do want to combine my 2 skills and make 1 more complete addon but the fact is RL is a roller coaster ride and finding time is difficult but im trying my best to deliver. i wanted to release this mod sunday but it didnt happen since i still have 1 last hurdle to jump. once i tackle that i will push out a alpha of my alpha mod lol to at least give you guys something to work with. hell if i cant figure it out by friday i will simply release what i have and update as i go.

@Thedog88,you're the man responsible for my hoarding obsession when I had to choose what to pack in A2,it went for tens of mins like this: "Should I pack another Snickers bar or should I pack a Dr. Pepper?I think I need this wire cutter too,maybe some extra boots.Hmm gonna pack that tablet for entertainment,need to make room for food cans in case zombies show up,ahh screw it run out of room,I'll just get another backpack."By the time I finished I already had about 3 backpacks around me.:biggrin:

Anyway great to see your addon in A3 man and since you started making models for your items it just got even better(the lappie looks great btw).The advantage of A3 backpacks is that they have no slots so I'm free to pack up 10 lappies,15 usb sticks and so on.:p

Any chance the other tech gizmoz might get a model like the smartphone or tablet??I would love sneaking around iranian camps and stealing their crap.

haha im not sure if i should feel bad or not^^ im glad you enjoyed my mod seeing as how it's not the most needed/popular mod. i can most certainly guarantee things like tablets, phones etc to be in game at some point. initially it will be as placeable object only but as my knowledge builds up i will combine the 2 and give you a good end product. even if my items aren't functional in a sense that they do anything i'm still glad to make these. giving mission makers flexibility when it comes to world detail is important to me. it seemed like most missions are generally speaking the same in arma and can be broken down into, search and destroy or search and secure/rescue. that being said it would be nice to have more options to work with. granted technically the mission foundation stays the same but it would feel different. for example insurgency

mission now, kill enemies, they drop a briefcase which is intel that will eventually reveal a cache

mission with new items, search buildings where enemies are present, random objects will spawn, search the houses for intel, collect it and eventually it will reveal a target location.

now even though it would need a bit of scripting work imagine walking into a house where actual 3d objects spawn due to enemy presence. could be anything but you have to physically go into the building, visually search through the building and through the items on the tables, cabinets, beds, floor etc and determine what could be intel. once you walk up to it you get a "gather intel" action which gives you a mark on the map. now any stash of paper could be bs or could be intel, any folder, any book, etc. it just adds detail to a mission that could make the same mission so much more immersive, so easily.

kind of went on a typing tangent but you get my point, expect some cool things in game. im also working side by side with a few people on a larger project which require some rather off the wall objects so if you see something like a friggin coat hanger or office divider wall dont be like... this guys crazy... it all has purpose ;)

Great work! are you going to implement empty/full water bottles?

haha im not sure if i should feel bad or not^^ im glad you enjoyed my mod seeing as how it's not the most needed/popular mod. i can most certainly guarantee things like tablets, phones etc to be in game at some point. initially it will be as placeable object only but as my knowledge builds up i will combine the 2 and give you a good end product. even if my items aren't functional in a sense that they do anything i'm still glad to make these. giving mission makers flexibility when it comes to world detail is important to me. it seemed like most missions are generally speaking the same in arma and can be broken down into, search and destroy or search and secure/rescue. that being said it would be nice to have more options to work with. granted technically the mission foundation stays the same but it would feel different. for example insurgency

mission now, kill enemies, they drop a briefcase which is intel that will eventually reveal a cache

mission with new items, search buildings where enemies are present, random objects will spawn, search the houses for intel, collect it and eventually it will reveal a target location.

now even though it would need a bit of scripting work imagine walking into a house where actual 3d objects spawn due to enemy presence. could be anything but you have to physically go into the building, visually search through the building and through the items on the tables, cabinets, beds, floor etc and determine what could be intel. once you walk up to it you get a "gather intel" action which gives you a mark on the map. now any stash of paper could be bs or could be intel, any folder, any book, etc. it just adds detail to a mission that could make the same mission so much more immersive, so easily.

kind of went on a typing tangent but you get my point, expect some cool things in game. im also working side by side with a few people on a larger project which require some rather off the wall objects so if you see something like a friggin coat hanger or office divider wall dont be like... this guys crazy... it all has purpose ;)

To be honest having the models in-game and inventory carryable would be enough for me.Sure having a hacking screen,be able to read some random emails or run a custom video when you approach a lappie or tablet,or to be able to eat and drink would be awesome but for me these objects already serve purpose.

Besides it would probably need quite a lot of scripting.

It really depends how creative the mission maker is(or how much roleplay he's able to do).Even if they aren't functional they have their use,maybe not many sees the potential but having ambiental objects it really makes a mission more unique and detailed by adding random stuff to your soldiers,enemies or even to civvies like cigs,candy bars,phones etc.Imagine having to look through someone's inventory and find 3 bottles of vodka or 4-5 energy drinks.:D

You can have lots of stuff to make the missions more unique,from retrieve intel like you said to hack an officer laptop for info on defense grid(or get drone codes when we get those in beta),kill/capture a VIP to retrieve his smartphone and find out his contacts,have some usb sticks with you to download data.Or the objective to just show up at a meeting between an important local and enemy officer and crash their party running with the suitcase full of money.:p

Great work! are you going to implement empty/full water bottles?

see if glowbal is going to port his mod to A3. he has a food and hydration system along with a civilian interaction one. i hope he ports it :)

To be honest having the models in-game and inventory carryable would be enough for me.Sure having a hacking screen,be able to read some random emails or run a custom video when you approach a lappie or tablet,or to be able to eat and drink would be awesome but for me these objects already serve purpose.

Besides it would probably need quite a lot of scripting.

It really depends how creative the mission maker is(or how much roleplay he's able to do).Even if they aren't functional they have their use,maybe not many sees the potential but having ambiental objects it really makes a mission more unique and detailed by adding random stuff to your soldiers,enemies or even to civvies like cigs,candy bars,phones etc.Imagine having to look through someone's inventory and find 3 bottles of vodka or 4-5 energy drinks.:D

You can have lots of stuff to make the missions more unique,from retrieve intel like you said to hack an officer laptop for info on defense grid(or get drone codes when we get those in beta),kill/capture a VIP to retrieve his smartphone and find out his contacts,have some usb sticks with you to download data.Or the objective to just show up at a meeting between an important local and enemy officer and crash their party running with the suitcase full of money.:p

well making an entire interface is a whole beast to tackle on its own. again, im simply putting the objects into the game, what people do with them is on them, but they will have the option now :)

---------- Post added at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

no more excuses not to call mom or text the GF!!! the hottest thing on stratis! lmao sure some of you will enjoy this^^

2013032000001e.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 00:28 ----------

im not happy with the monitors textures, off center and the rest is simply black. ill fine tune that before release and of course add a keyboard and mouse. all to come in the upcoming release. hopefully this weekend.

2013032000002.jpg

Is it possible to give the monitors a light object so that they cast light in a dark room? And similarly, for a TV, to alter between different lights so that you can look into a building and see the flickering of a TV reflect off of the walls?

You could create a light source via script and attachto. Ots possible and i know how to in game. On a model however im not sure. Wish i could do that seeing how aweoome a3 lighting is. Sorry man.

Maybe you could add some easter eggs in the monitor textures? ;)

Maybe you could add some easter eggs in the monitor textures? ;)

Well..you can PM me and i will guide you to some sites i know ;)

Haha bink funny u hould say that. The laptop has 2 on its screen. Only us army will enjoy one of them while only close followers of arma will understand the 2nd one. ;)