Sign in to follow this  
thedog88

ARP 2 - Objects pack

hey guys, so i was frustrated with the current objects given and felt restricted when it came to making missions. i.e. i tried to make a mission where i have to steal intel... no intel to steal unless i use a damn road cone... frustrated i decided to make a objects pack following my old mod ARP Items. ARP2 however brings 3d objects to the game that can be placed in the world, anything from IED's to maps to computers. whatever you want to see in game, might just be there soon. so here are some WIP shots of objects that you will have at your disposal soon. and also a little in game teaser :)

2013031300003v.jpg

i hope you enjoy the pics however i need something from you, yeah YOU! i need a list of objects that YOU would like to see in arma 3 at your disposal. it can be as bizarre as a pencil or as simple as a book. just fire away, i cant promise to make EVERYTHING you post, but i will take the top items and make them.

very nice props. will add to the atmosphere. i'd hold off on too mundane things because bis may already have them made.

even if they are already made, i dont mind making them it just gives people more options :)

even if they are already made, i dont mind making them it just gives people more options :)

I like this answer.

Great work, keep it up.

The items are cool and all, but what I really like is your mission idea from reddit:

" i want more dept i.e. go here get a map, it will lead you to here, then kill him, his body has a card key that lets you into this place where you download files from a computer."

THAT mission needs to happen.

I like this answer.

Great work, keep it up.

you know it bink :) i appreciate your help

Cool idea!

i would like some Military Radios

im surprised i have not thought of this. what kind do you want to see specifically. ill probably make a 119 and 117 in man pack configuration as well as rack configuration to be placed on tables.

The items are cool and all, but what I really like is your mission idea from reddit:

" i want more dept i.e. go here get a map, it will lead you to here, then kill him, his body has a card key that lets you into this place where you download files from a computer."

THAT mission needs to happen.

well, those items are to come and if i feel up for it i could make that happen too. hopefully this mod will bring some cool mission. alpha or not the limitation right now sucks for mission makers^^

This is what I was looking for, thanks thedog !

By the way here's what I would like to see in game:

Old tv

pile of documents

desklamp

ashtray

old telephone

desk

clipboard

book

printer

writting machine

pencil cup

old computer

cigarette pack

recorder http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gRrjc3uxExI/SiLnjZfH_kI/AAAAAAAABLs/GcamRUAY6Hw/s400/magnéto+Vivre.JPG

Edited by sethofchaos

Glad you like it. My phone wont open the spoiler so ill check that at home unless u can post a link.

Glad you like it. My phone wont open the spoiler so ill check that at home unless u can post a link.

It a list of cool stuff, no link ;) anyway this sounds very interesting i cant wait to see more :D top job man!

Since there are no targets for practicing yet, could you create some, too? :) Great work so far!

no problem here's the list with a few links

Old tv (http://fs399772.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/old_television-photoshop.png)

pile of documents

Desklamp

ashtray

old telephone

desk

clipboard

book

printer

writting machine

pencil cup

old computer

cigarette pack

recorder http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gRrjc3uxExI/SiLnjZfH_kI/AAAAAAAABLs/GcamRUAY6Hw/s400/magnéto+Vivre.JPG

and for the modern things

USB key

Mobile phone

Pile of money

passports

Laptop

You guys literally listed 2/3rds of already planned items. Things that are finished so far or nearly finished

Map

documents in folder

Map

ied

briefcase

bomb

hard drive

Many objects i will be making are goingt make are interior objects that are common at work places as well as at home. And pop up targets are also planned however i dont think they will drop when shot. Keeping it simple.

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

Sorry for double post. On my phone. But passports are done too. Kust need to retexture them for different countries; )

A SATCOM or "TACSAT" Antenna

Would be nice to see this in game and come up with a way for retrans through ACRE for complete Radio coverage of a map.

Some other items that would be nice to see:

Billboards

Projector

Projector Screen

Desktop Computer

Satcom

oe254

Oe206

Prc119

prc117

Prc119fox

Planned as well as anything you would find in military companys. I.e. billboards projectors whiteboards bulletin boards etc ;) integrating it with acre hower, i cant do that but ill talk to he acre guys

The good 'ole OE-254, I've shed blood, sweat and tears many a times putting that devil device up. Then of course once it's up a Officer comes along and tells you it needs to be moved. :icon_wink:

Tell me about it man. Putting that sob up on the side of a snowy mountain in korea at negative degrees was so much fun i wanna do it during my next vacation lmao. Ill make sure to add a misery mod to it xD but yeah. All in the works brotha

Awesome idea. I also agree with you in the fact that even if the items are made, "who cares?", the more, the better. Keep up the great ideas.

I'd like to see batteries, wiring and cellphones - typical IED ingredients. Bags of fertilizer would do good as well. :) Thank you for any work you choose to do!

Awesome idea. I also agree with you in the fact that even if the items are made, "who cares?", the more, the better. Keep up the great ideas.

thanks for the positive support

I'd like to see batteries, wiring and cellphones - typical IED ingredients. Bags of fertilizer would do good as well. :) Thank you for any work you choose to do!

all the items u described are in my ARP Items pack for arma 2. they are inventory items but when you drop them on the ground they are not modeled so they are the default green satchel bag. ill see how im gonna implement this into this mod and maybe make them cross reference at some point. but thanks for your input

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

spoiler! a fireteam going over mission details in the briefing room. still not sure if i want to leave the map at that size or bring it down a bit.

2013031400002n.jpg

[/color]spoiler! a fireteam going over mission details in the briefing room. still not sure if i want to leave the map at that size or bring it down a bit.

Maybe two versions, one big and one small ? By the way this looks very good !

thanks. im going to make another version of it "unfolded" since this one has one side folded. also will make some that are hanging on either a bulletin board or can be hung on the wall.

As an homage to the movie Body of Lies, you could make CDs, cell phones and cassette tapes, both working and burned/melted versions. Then people could make missions where you have to get to a terrorist safe house and take it down before the items are burned and destroyed. Either way, I love these types of random objects.

You know what would be a nice challenge? A DSLR with CF cards and a wearable camera case (like the bandoleer). And if the DSLR could be turned into a binoculars type weapon, even better. I love the DSLR from Far Cry 3.