Sign in to follow this  
andressergio

What server to play a good match ???

Mates

all servers i play are really not good, map is hughe so you either have to grab a vehicle (if its there) or run like mad to get to a point of fight wich is always poor on soldiers

anyone can tell me a good server please ?

thanks a lot

Sergio

This map is huge? Wait until we get the main map which is 15 times larger. :p

Its Huge compared to CoD and BF maps. Its a simulator thats how its intended to be. I like stratis a lot and i will play it more then Lemnos.

Mates

all servers i play are really not good, map is hughe so you either have to grab a vehicle (if its there) or run like mad to get to a point of fight wich is always poor on soldiers

anyone can tell me a good server please ?

thanks a lot

Sergio

The map is tiny, helo flight from one side to the other in less than a minute. Unfortunately for you this is the only official map in the Alpha. In the multiplayer server browser filter for PVP or CQB, there's a few missions up that run in just the large town near the airbase.

arent there any role play servers with fireteams etc teamleader doing their stuff? i dont mind if its coop or tvt. just wanna have a good team and some coordination. thats when arma really shines

Feel free to check out our servers and give them a try (We have 3 running) To find them just filter NSA or Never Stand Alone

Look for servers that arent playing PVP or typical public missions like wastelands

(Not knocking either the mission type or the servers that host them, but if you want to play this game as I believe it should be played (My personal opinion) in an organised and structured manner stay away from such publicly hosted sessions.

look for servers that are

running coop

Ideal numbers, no more than around 30 players (More than that in a public arena is very hard to control correctly, for me anyway))

Get in before the mission starts, listen to the voice comms and see if they are attempting to structure it at that point

Be on voice comms and be prepared to join their teamspeak servers (Teamspeak is the most popular 3rd parts comms app in this community)

Dont be afraid to be a group leader and ask the mission commander for orders and then control the players in your group

Be patient in these servers, trying to organise stuff before launch or while in briefing can take some time

There are plenty of servers out there that play in an organised fashion

It is a lot harder than you think to create good game-play at the moment, especially with a lot of newcomers from other 1st person shooters that aren't used to such vast areas (And at the moment, the size of the islands are very very small compared to whats coming) or are unfamiliar with the command and control system functionalities etc.

Even the hardcore ArmA/OFP Players are having a bit of an issue getting to grips with some new additions to the engine, let alone the

"G is for Grenade - I is for inventory" issue we are all having, which has got to to be the biggest accidental team-killer at present :-) especially around ammo crates