Deadfast

Deadfast's Third Person View for ARMA 3

Hey, Nice Work!

Could anyone be so kind and create a view config which looks like a

?

I have a request for a custom camera option. If you have a target lock, pressing a button makes the camera spin to focus on the target. Like in Ace Combat or Wings of Prey. Would be very useful in vehicles and planes.

Awesome adjustement! I went for the Ghost Recon one. Feels most connected to the soldier for me. Thank you so much Deadfast!

mjolnir66_s.jpg

Deadfast thanks for a great addition to the game, could you tell me what the values are: ex: x=how far to the right...........y=how high up the setting is.....z=how far behind the player...??? is this correct? thanks.

Hi, as the userconfig file says:

Axis (Described as when looking at the character from the camera):
	X: Left to right
	Y: Up to down
	Z: Further to closer

I do love this mod, thank you for your work, I was wondering if there could be a mod to start in third person?

Great stuff I really like the Ghost Recon style.I would like to ask if it would be possible for you to add a custom key bind that would "switch the shoulder" so to speak. All it would need to do is to add minus to X camera position (from 0.4 to -0.4). The question is: is it possible to switch camera like that on the fly?

Great stuff I really like the Ghost Recon style.I would like to ask if it would be possible for you to add a custom key bind that would "switch the shoulder" so to speak. All it would need to do is to add minus to X camera position (from 0.4 to -0.4). The question is: is it possible to switch camera like that on the fly?

Sorry, this isn't possible. You cannot change the camera position without restarting the game :(.

Hmm... how about using Gcam when leaning t the "opposite" side of the camera? It may be very crude solution, but I would like to be able to peer behind left corners as well even if it means I cant shoot for shit then.

I would love this but sadly I cannot use it in multiplayer (I only play co-op) so I am unable to use this sadly..... very nice mod though.

Hi All,

Is there a way to add our own custom view as a script in a mission I'm creating instead of adding it as a mod?

I've tried pasting the cameraPosition.hpp in my mission folder then pasted the config.hpp to my description.ext, but the new 3rd person view did not take.

I've modified the location of to find the cameraPosition.hpp with in the description.ext:

class CfgPatches
{
class DFS_3rdPerson
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Characters_F"};
};
};
[b]
#include "cameraPosition.hpp"[/b]
class CfgVehicles
{
class Man;
class CAManBase : Man
{
	extCameraPosition[] = {__offsetX, __offsetY, __offsetZ};
};
};

I've even tried pasting the entire userconfig folder in Arma3 usercofig, and in the mission folder, but still no luck.

Oh, the above by BEAKSBY would be too sweet!!! :D

Is there a way to add our own custom view as a script in a mission I'm creating instead of adding it as a mod?

Unfortunately not. description.ext runs in a different namespace than the game config so what you tried won't work.

FIXED: The second download link has v1 mod, first link has v2, now works fine thanks for the mod. :)

FIXED: The second download link has v1 mod, first link has v2, now works fine thanks for the mod. :)

Which link is that, they all seem to link to v2 as far as I can see?

it was the second armaholic link. im sure it was v1 because it didnt have all the custom views.

it was the second armaholic link. im sure it was v1 because it didnt have all the custom views.

Ah, well, they're all fine for me now. If you still see a problem, please let me know so we can get it fixed :).

Is there a way to manipulate the angle of the camera? My offsets are about how I'd like, however I need to rotate along the X axis to look down just a few degrees. edit: guess ill de-bin it and have a look around.

Edited by Skelt

G'day!

Personally, I find this to be the best mod out of everything when modifying camera stuff, etc. But I am just wondering, is it okay if I could include this in my mod, DSS? I will indefinitely credit you on both the Steam workshop and the forums.  :)

Cheers!

Rawner135

• Like 1