Sign in to follow this  
TCEd

item slot usage/storage info needed

I've been searching for a couple days now, but can't seem to find any threads or info on how many slots each item (ammo clip, grenade, mine) takes up in a given rig/vest/harness/backpack or how many slots each carrier/pack has. Can someone point me to a thread or guide where I can find this info? Thanks in advance.

I think the weight system is far from finished. In ACE mod i couldn't even run 10 meters with what I'm carrying in Arma 3 with the bar only being half-full.

I'm fine with them tweaking it, but is there any guide or thread that show how many each have now? I mean, if we are to offer feedback on how many slots a rocket takes up or how many slots a Tactical vest has, we would need to know those details, thanks again for any info.

There are no slots, it's all based on weight as far as I can tell.

yea, if figured that our last night, I wanted to see how many clips a pack would hold, with nothing else but the clips, I was able to put 28 ammo clips in a LBV Grenade Harness, then when I tried grenades, the same pack held 50 Grenade's. So it clearly works off weight instead of each item having a slot.. however the Arma2 way was basically similar in that larger ordnance, such as AT rounds, took up more slots to simulate more weight, only now we see this more dynamic in A3 as not all items are the same, possibly even some clips are different than other clips.

But the question still remains, we've changed from slots to weight, but that still doesn't tell us the capacity of each vest/backpack or how much each item weights. I'm beginning to think there is no guide anywhere & we will just have to muddle through & figure it out on our own. Just thought there may be a guide or breakdown of some kind out there. Would also be nice to see a weapons & ammo breakdown chart or guide.

I'm a bit confused with the weapon menu system, when I pick up an enemy rifle I can't figure out how to drag the enemy magazines to my inventory, it just gives me red over it all as if the enemy wasn't carrying any magazines to begin with

@M1J - try picking up the enemy weapon, face the solider body & scroll the mouse wheel, if there is ammo there, you should see something like.. "rearm/resupply at solider" at least that was how I did it a few days ago.

Is there information on vehicle gear yet saying when it's full, etc?

I too was thinking that while it's probably far from finished, a better visual feedback of the invertory would be great to have

agreed, the slider bar that shows when it's full is a nice change, but it would be great to be able to know the details on how that is being accounted for, instead of just looking at the slider, I mean sometimes there is room left on the slider & you want to grab an item only to discover it must be large/heavy to fit the space you have left, but the thing is, you don't know how many items to drop or what to drop, so it gets confusing. Again not a deal breaker for me, but if we had some type of baseline to go from, it would be good.

I wondered if the LBV capacities were some sort of bug. They seem to hold an obscene amount of ammo.

possibly it's bugged, but without any details on the packs or the items, it's hard to tell. here is what I found so far, this took about an hour to do ingame to find out & is not completed, I started with empty then filled it will ammo clips only & listed them below from smallest to largest...

clips (6.5mm 30Rnd STANAG) - Rig

10 - Fighter Chest Rig

11 - Chest Rig

12 - Tactical Vest

14 - Carrier Lite

20 - Carrier Rig

21 - Carrier GL Rig

25 - LBV Harness

28 - LBV Grenadier Harness

Using the LBV Gr Harness which seems to be the best choice if your wanting to really load up, I did all ammo sizes, rockets & GL HE rounds, here is the data

LBV Grenadier Harness...

Rocket

3 - NLAW

4 - RPG

Support

5 - 6.5mm 200Rnd Belt Case

10 - 6.5mm 100Rnd Belt Case

Assault

28 - 6.5mm 30Rnd STANAG

28 - 5.56mm 20Rnd Dual Purpose

33 - 7.62mm 20Rnd Mag

50 - 6.5mm 5Rnd Mag

GL

66 - 40mm HE Grenade

only did the HE Grenade, smoke was even smaller, meaning could carry more, also didn't go any farther with mines & other explosives, also didn't get into backpacks yet, although I find it interesting that when you take a back pack it actually has a count of how many items are in the pack, when you first pick it up empty it says.. (0 items) when you hover/click on it, so more work coming.

Edited by TCEd

Yeah the carrier capacities are obviously not finished. There's no way in hell those vests hold that much stuff. Being able to carry that much gear in a vest would make backpacks almost useless. Also, the current capacities don't match up to the models. The rangemaster belt for example can only carry two pistol mags despite clearly having 4 pouches on the model, and the LBV GL harness looks like it could only carry 4 primary mags plus one in the weapon, 8 40mm grenades and 2 pistol mags, and then about 6 smaller items like hand grenades, first aid kits and such. Maybe that seems a bit low but that's what it looks like on the model. If I needed more gear than that, I'd rather have to carry it in a backpack than be able to walk around with 25 mags on me.

I would agree, not only does it not fit the model, but it also doesn't fit a logical/realistic function. I didn't even mention that the LBV G H can also carry 50 Grenades. Now assume for a moment that the harness can do that, why would it have 50 pockets for Grenades, then increase to 66 pockets for 40mm HE rounds.. regardless of the weight differences a pocket is still a pocket no matter what you store in it. So clearly they have some tweaks to do on these. Granted, the above info should help in finding a pack to hold the gear you want in the alpha.