NordKindchen

Terrain Improvement (dev branch)

@NordKindchen: How are the tree/bush shadows implemented? Are they part of the mid-range? And is there a way to add them to your mid-range replacement project?

HI, NordKindchen, all of programmers are now very busy for release A3. I will trying talk with them how will it possible. But now isn't good time. I'm sorry

I guess nobody expected that this would make it into the release version. But it's good to know this topic has your attention.

edit: And of course also thanks and good job to NordKindchen!

Edited by zimms

Thanks all for your understanding, this method for middle range textures is very good and we will trying implement for some of Arma3 update. Big thanks for your feddback and ideas

now thats just awesome to hear! Devs finally are not afraid to cooperate with it's community, to improve the game (not only feedback wise) :)

now thats just awesome to hear! Devs finally are not afraid to cooperate with it's community, to improve the game (not only feedback wise) :)

:yay: Devs and Neuro :dancehead:

NeuroFunker : do you have planned texture for underwater ? Actually we have bushes on 100 200 m from the island and after .... it's a empty landscape.

Thanks all for your understanding, this method for middle range textures is very good and we will trying implement for some of Arma3 update. Big thanks for your feddback and ideas

1 word, Awesome.

Great news. Thanks for the support!

Thank you!. You made my day! :D

I would still treat it as MAYBE... guys future tends to be unpredictable, so don't treat Googlava's words as 100% promise!

WTF people - show some consideration for those of us at work. PICTURES, goddamnit :cool:

it's a dream ! no flight simulators give such a detailed landscape!

first you need to add launch parameter -mod=@performance_test enabling the mod from menues did not work.

then I had hard time tweaking setting so detailed textures does not dissapear. usually helped switching to lowers setting, then to High (using combo-box, not manually each setting)

and now pictures, click to view 100% (btw original is 1920x1200):

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903257625023162699/48609DD3134FD130395C3A5F0B26CB1B37CEA527/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903257625023175298/B390B4F41C3E1676B3FA94E0C1C9CAE599552F80/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903257625023170877/469E826F1B3DBBB40430EB0A0BDE3891B89A97AC/

PS. I have old card GeForce GTX 275, 800+ MB memory, CPU: Core 2 Duo E8300

I have almost no perfomance hit (my avarage is 15 FPS ))

Edited by PurePassion
Please do not hotlink images over 100KB. Thank you!

:love: Wow, those are gorgeous!! Could you also make some screenshots from an infantry soldier's perspective?

I would still treat it as MAYBE... guys future tends to be unpredictable, so don't treat Googlava's words as 100% promise!

Yeah, of course, I am for implement this technology to A3, but main decisions will be on a programmers and project leader.

This information I will know, after discusion with them. I'm sorry if my answer, sounds as 100% promise.

Yeah, of course, I am for implement this technology to A3, but main decisions will be on a programmers and project leader.

This information I will know, after discusion with them. I'm sorry if my answer, sounds as 100% promise.

I hope , they will agree with you - because the current state is not good for a 2013 looking game ;)

Ok, I'm a total noob when it comes to Arma and its modding, what am I doing wrong 'cause I can't get the new textures to work, I made a folder ...Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Addons\@performance_test\addons and placed the performance_test.pbo in there, in the Launch Options I have: -nosplash -mod=@performance_test

What am I missing here :o

Ok, I'm a total noob when it comes to Arma and its modding, what am I doing wrong 'cause I can't get the new textures to work, I made a folder ...Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Addons\@performance_test\addons and placed the performance_test.pbo in there, in the Launch Options I have: -nosplash -mod=@performance_test

Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@performance_test\

Alternatively, you can use:

Documents\Arma 3\@performance_test\

The @performance_test folder goes in the /Arma 3/ directory

Not the /Arma 3/Addons directory.

Edit:- Ninja'd :D

Try not to put it in the Arma3\Addons\ folder but directly in the Arma3 folder.

Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@performance_test\addons\performance_test.pbo

edit: well, I should always refresh a tab before posting.

Guys dont freak out on that screens^^ As I said - its only one texture set of 21 that are coming. And yes I will put in shadows for trees but only after the basic terrain is set.

And@Googlava Thanks for your answer!

Well....its been nearly 6 month now since I first introduced my system...I hope your programmers and projet leaders see that its not a good idea to release a game with such midrange textures. Its the main engagement range and it will stick to plps heads.

Thanks for your effort! I will remember this.

While understanding that this is not a promise and not whishing to be too inquiring, i can't help it... you mean a native engine approach to combine middle range textures with the base sattelite texture on the fly or a "baking" of those higher resolution detail into the sattellite texture?

Thanks much fellas, I knew it was something totally stupid I missed but it's all good now! :D

Now, however, I almost regret for trying this as now I know what it could be! I know it's going to be difficult to play online from here on with the vanilla textures, I hope from the bottom of my heart the devs find the manpower and time to make this happen.

Keep up the outstanding job NordKindchen, kudos to you!

:love: Wow, those are gorgeous!! Could you also make some screenshots from an infantry soldier's perspective?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903257625024714707/01E488547CC95B241438F81C0DEF88C50A03A86B/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903257625024748812/AF17F2C7E750776703A0F9D895A3250FF2FEB9D7/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/903257625024698108/B9F998750292D3DC12E6E24B1A3A348B95A9D25C/

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

And yes I will put in shadows for trees but only after the basic terrain is set.

shouldn;t this be engine's job to add shadow into main texture where trees stand ?

Edited by PurePassion
please do not hotlink images over 100kb. Thank you!