kng

Operation Fallen Star Coop 2-8p

4NX4EAJ.jpg?1

TASK FORCE BLACK in

Operation Fallen Star

by

KNG

Description:

After the surprise attack of Iranian Invasion forces all over the Mediterranean Sea EUCOMM sends their Special Operations Team Task Force Black on a long-range reconaissance patrol deep into enemy held territory.

Land at Kamino Coast

Latest satellite imagery evaluation concludes that Iranian forces are about to start a major attack on the mainland of Europe. US European Command tasked Delta to land on the island of Stratis and establish a base of operations to cut down communication of enemy forces by taking down Air Station Mike. This is a critical mission with highest priority. EUCOMM needs that Air Station down and communications cut to prevent Iranian forces getting deeper into Europe. HQ Command advises Delta to land at Kamino coast and proceed towards Camp Rogain to establish a FOB for further operations.

Establish FOB at Camp Rogain

Be advised Delta. OPSAT indicates that Camp Rogain will be heavily guarded by enemy forces. Intel suggest approaching Camp Rogain from the north to clean and sweep the compound and eliminate all enemy personal. Once Delta has established a FOB at Camp Rogain, Delta is to take down the communication Array north-east of Air Station Mike.

Communication Array Alpha-Mike

OPSAT and HQ Command conclude taking down the communication Array will determine the success of this mission. Delta is to move in fast to take down and prevent enemy communication with reinforcements stationed in the Mediterranian Sea.

Take down the Radar installation

OPSAT identified the Radar installation at Air Station Mike as a high-priority threat in the preparation of the Iranian attack. After a tactical analysis of the area EUCOMM has decided that for further operational advantage and in case of an imminent attack on the European mainland the Radar installation has to be destroyed immediately. HQ Command advises Delta to infiltrate Air Station Mike and do whatever necessary to take down the Radar installation. Operational intelligence indicates that Delta should approach the compound through the north-east gates.

Exfiltrate Delta at Limeri Bay

After the Radar installation has been taken down Delta is to be exfiltrated at Limeri Bay. Be advised. Intel on the extraction location is vague. Proceed with caution. HQ Command advises Delta to take control of the Mortar installation at Air Station Mike to support the exfiltration.

Features:

coop mission for 2-8 players

revive

everybody can revive, no medkit needed

respawn

vehicle respawn

mission intel on map

5 tasks to complete the mission

intense battles

took us around 1h30min to complete the mission (probably takes longer with less players)

take down the huge antenna with c4

take down the radar installation with c4 (place it directly infront of the door, 1 is enough to blow the whole thing up!)

support your team with mortar while they make their way down to the last task

delta is constantly under enemy mortar fire, make sure you keep your head down, you never know when they will drop on you

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA3\MPMissions folder.

Known issues:

always wait for someone in your team to revive you, there's plenty of time to do so, every player can revive other players, no medkit needed, only try to respawn if there's no other way out or everybody is dead. it takes away the full experience when you have to walk the way back to your squad / team.

sometimes after completing a task the mission objective is not updated for some players. (is the objective done a titletext will appear for every player on the screen telling you the objective is done and to remind you to manually set the next task.)

after loading the map briefing and task are not displayed, you have to open the map once you've spawned to see the briefing / tasks

Changelog:

v2.2

fixed compatibility issues with Arma 3 0.54

added TAW View Distance Script

added TAW Virtual Ammobox

added proper loadingscreen / map desciption

Download v2.2: http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/77102664/file.html

Credits & thanks:

Simple Vehicle Respawn Script v1.8 for Arma 3

by Tophe of Östgöta Ops [OOPS]

=BTC= Revive

Created by =BTC= Giallustio

version 0.4

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaidiot for some cool tutorials on the editing and scripting

fackstah for helping me out with some stuff, thanks dude :)

Download:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19270

Edited by KNG

we played it as two people, took around 2 hours.

actually to blow off the mike station was great - we didnt knew this was gonna happen ;)

great mission.

YOu should give the palyers a hint where to find explosives for the second target. we had no explosives guy so one of us had to leave the game, but later at mike station we found plenty. Would be nice to know that before. otherwise rgeat mission with some intense fights yes!

http://www.abload.de/img/arma32013-03-1703-29-9wj86.jpg

Good mission, many thanks!

6 of us, took around 1:40, some good fights.

updated to v2.2

Very nice mission. Thanks for that.

We played this mission yesterday as 3 ppl. Took us around 1:30 with some very intense firefights.

This was great. Thanks!

I played this yesterday with just one other guy. We're both newbies, so it was very tough, but lots of fun. We didn't make it to the end, mostly because we needed to stop playing, but I'll definitely want to try it again.

We did have a little problem with tasks not showing as completed, maybe because we both took the leadership position (on separate teams, though they were both a team of one). But one of us would seem to be credited with completing a task, which would then show as uncompleted for the other guy. The main problem with this was that respawns (for one of us) ended up inconveniently far back. But next time, we'll both join the same team. That will probably solve the problem.

Thanks again,

Bill

PS. One other issue we had was that, after being shot (waiting for revival) the AI would keep shooting at us - just a constant stream of shots, even walking up to our dead body and continuing to shoot it. That's probably nothing to do with your mission, though, but with an Arma 3 bug, I'm guessing.

hey WCG, thanks for the feedback.

yes, the tasksystem used in this mission is not very reliable. sometimes you get the updates, sometimes you don't. it should at least update one of the players. once you've completed a task, just manually set the nextone as current task and the marker will show up on the map although the green checkmark wont appear in the task overview on the map screen.

the problem with AI still shooting at you is that you're basically still alive of for the AI, this has something to do with the BTC revive script I'm using. and yes, respawn also sets you back basically to the beginning of the mission, I know its uncomfortable but I know now how to make the respawn location move while you progress in the tasks. So I might update the mission sooner or later. ;)

the problem with AI still shooting at you is that you're basically still alive of for the AI, this has something to do with the BTC revive script I'm using.

This makes it difficult to get revived - at least, if you've only got two players, as we had - since you can't get near the fallen player when there's still a firestorm at his location. And I do like using the revive command, rather than respawning. The latter just feels more like cheating, even though they're both pretty much equivalent.

Still, as I say, I really enjoyed the mission. In fact, this might be my favorite mission yet. I'm not sure why - maybe because there was a lot going on? There were enemy soldiers patrolling the woods, there was a camp to clear out, some enemy appeared rather suddenly at close range, while others could be taken out from a distance - just a lot of variety. And at no point could you really relax. You had to stay alert all the time.

I know I've downloaded at least one other mission by you, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Still, if it's anywhere near as good as this one, I'm looking forward to it!

Great mission KNG

Guys are liking it very much.

A helicopter to steal would be good, or some vehicles. Possible something to add to the mission(s).

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

Great mission KNG

Guys are liking it very much.

A helicopter to steal would be good, or some vehicles. Possible something to add to the mission(s).

Wow, fantastic mission bud!

If you ever do anymore mission like this one let me know and ill do some voice work for ya.

Once again great job on this mission was a blast!

I have added heli and vehicle(s) to our mission end.

A thought we have from players.

When the last mission ends can you extend it that you have to then get to the airport to be extracted. A bit like your other mission. Add in some fire fights along the way etc... and something big at the airport. Make the mission last a bit longer.

You know, this was a fun mission. It would be great if you could update it for the latest version sometime.

Bill