Sign in to follow this  
Alcaran

Warning!! Developers read this post ...

Attention developers, this afternoon started a server with friends on my team, we've been using the program for communication TeamSpeak,

a friend of TeamSpeak entered and announced that it had lowered the Arma 3 cracked and was playing the multiplayer matches,

i disagreed at the time to say that this was not possible, however, this same player came into my server and played every game with a pirated version of the client ...

I was extremely disappointed, because i hoped that soon idiots players would invent a way to play Arma 3 without buying doesn´t supporting the development of the game,

with the pirate they was suposed to not play the online games...

Must have some cut or loophole to play without a key, please with you can´t pinching this i´ll use this way too playing multiplayer matches in this alpha version ...

Edited by Alcaran

Arma games are VERY easy to crack and hack. This is how it is. As a server admin you will soon face unbannable cheaters, people who will join your server and drop bombs all over the place by touching a button, kill people without shooting or blowing them up. ect ect... And the best part is that they will join with the playerID's of regulars so when you ban them, you actually ban people who are not cheaters.

Attention developers, this afternoon started a server with friends on my team, we've been using the program for communication TeamSpeak,

a friend of TeamSpeak entered and announced that it had lowered the Arma 3 cracked and was playing the multiplayer matches,

i disagreed at the time to say that this was not possible, however, this same player came into my server and played every game with a pirated version of the client ...

I was extremely disappointed, because i hoped that soon idiots players would invent a way to play Arma 3 without buying doesn´t supporting the development of the game,

with the pirate they was suposed to not play the online games...

Must have some cut or loophole to play without a key, please with you can´t pinching this i´ll use this way too playing multiplayer matches in this alpha version ...

This is a alpha. Its not even a game. Alpha more then likely stands for Proof Of Concept.

If you are having fun playing this Alpha then you are doing it wrong.

You bought the Alpha/Beta/Release.

Doubt that any hacker would be able to crack the last two with steam onboard.

PS: This is suppose to be on feedback tracker. Not the forum. All the random bitching and complaining starts to really annoy people.

Like most games arma probably uses some kind of serial key system. A cracked version will work online as long as there's not multiple people running it at the same time.

I'd imagine the alpha version is relatively easy to crack.

When Steam Integration is fully implemented, I'm sure this sort of thing will become much, much more difficult to crack and play ArmA using illegally generated keys.

It'll be much easier to track unique instances of individuals through steam accounts then it has be previously. For example, I imagine it will become possible to see that each connected user is associated with a valid steam account and that account has a valid serial key for play ArmA.

Currently the ArmA series is still using GameSpy as the Server Browser and MP backend. They're defunct now...

Currently the ArmA series is still using GameSpy as the Server Browser and MP backend. They're defunct now...

Wait, I knew BIS wasn't going to use GameSpy in the final version, but is the GameSpy Arcade (or whatever their crappy server browser is called now) really no more? I've hated it for longer than I can remember, haha.

It is sad that people are pirating this great game, but to be honest, would you rather have some form of allwasy on DRM which requires constant internet access to play. Luckily bohemia are not EA and as long as people buy and enjoy the game they are happy, even if the ocational pirate slips thru.

It is sad that people are pirating this great game, but to be honest, would you rather have some form of allwasy on DRM which requires constant internet access to play. Luckily bohemia are not EA and as long as people buy and enjoy the game they are happy, even if the ocational pirate slips thru.

Steam is Always-On DRM. I'm pretty sure you can't ping the server list while in offline mode.

Steam is Always-On DRM. I'm pretty sure you can't ping the server list while in offline mode.

IF you try to play a Steam game offline, Steam will try to connect to the internet, but if it can't it will ask you if you'd like to start in offline mode. You can play your singleplayer games without access to the internet.

Always-on DRM refers to having to literally always be connected to the internet, regardless of whether it's single- or multiplayer that you're trying to play.

Arma is no more susceptible to pirating than most other games. I wouldn't worry about it. The silver lining of being heavily pirated is the increase in the popularity of the game and potentially the addons, expansions and re-issues. Given the amount of updates these wonderful devs bring to the entire arma series, any regular user will most certainly purchase a retail version.

Just look at the success of the Arma3 alpha, which is still in the top ten of Steam sales despite a cracked version released within hours of the retail!

Well actually as far as I know ArmA games are never cracked properly because of little system called FADE which will starts to degrade your game if it finds out that you are not using legal copy. I've seen funny videos where people randomly turns birds, got blurry vision, shot with tank 500m other side where they actually wanted to shoot, AI ignore obstacles like buildings, annoying messages etc. So you can't say ArmA games were easily crackable. FADE annoys pirates since 2001 and I was surprised that there is no FADE in alpha. Well I guess BIS will making it to next level for final game ;)

Well actually as far as I know ArmA games are never cracked properly because of little system called FADE which will starts to degrade your game if it finds out that you are not using legal copy. I've seen funny videos where people randomly turns birds, got blurry vision, shot with tank 500m other side where they actually wanted to shoot, AI ignore obstacles like buildings, annoying messages etc. So you can't say ArmA games were easily crackable. FADE annoys pirates since 2001 and I was surprised that there is no FADE in alpha. Well I guess BIS will making it to next level for final game ;)

This. I know. I sailed the boat once or twice.

Not having FADE in alpha or any protection really. Is like giving away drugs for free. Once people are hooked, you take it away and charge for it. They will then pay for their fix as their already hooked.

During the time it's "free" they will spread the news and grow the customer base increasing actual alpha testing.

I use drugs as a reference because even though in this scenario they are free, they are still illegal and frowned upon.

Piracy is a large pushing force when it comes to popularity of certain titles. Of course once the game is further in development and anti-hack and FADE is implemented the popularity will still be there, and so will the people who really enjoy the game.

What I can't wait for is the day when it does get updated and a lot of people flock to the forum asking for help because their character is acting drunk. You can surely bet there will be quite a few regular posters asking for help and reporting it as a bug.

I can't recall the last game I played that actually allowed people to play online with cracked versions of the game. This is extremely disappointing.

Just looking at the bay with the pirates, there are multiple versions with working multiplayer with hundreds of seeders. Something really does need to be done about the fact they can play online.

I can't recall the last game I played that actually allowed people to play online with cracked versions of the game. This is extremely disappointing.

Just looking at the bay with the pirates, there are multiple versions with working multiplayer with hundreds of seeders. Something really does need to be done about the fact they can play online.

It's not allowed. but at this moment there is NO PROTECTION against it. This will not stay for long. Arma usually has very good DRM using FADE. I'd rather them spend their time creating features and crushing bugs then trying to fight with pirates. Leave fighting with pirates and getting BattleEye operational for Late Beta. BattleEye and a DRM protection will be in the game at launch.

Just remember this is an alpha in development not an actual game. We are testers.

This is a alpha. Its not even a game. Alpha more then likely stands for Proof Of Concept.

Of course central mechanics won't change. Of course what we see basically is what we see at release time. For instance the client-server concept which we already know from ArmA 2 which helps cheaters doing the stuff which became popular in DayZ[1]. This is not a complaint btw, but I'm sometimes really surprised why so many (forum n00bs usually) tell stories about the whole thing being changed completely.

@OP: Please choose proper subjects!

--

[1]... spawn their own stuff, teleport players, etc... Remove buildings on cheater client side and you can shoot players through it, because it's not there... etc etc

Edited by tortuosit

Its hard to avoid them, and I guess BIS prio is to get the game into beta. Hopefully by then the game will be more secure, and as RuecanOnRails wrote, then the players want to continue to play. Then the easiest way is to buy the full game, if not you will sooner or later end up in the land of FADE.

The first time is for free...

I can't recall the time when people still could read that this is an alpha and not a released game

BIS biggest mistake is that it let anyone get into alpha and not just ArmA2 players.

Later builds will start to implement various necessary security measures.