Sign in to follow this  
shark-attack

COOP 8 / SP =RTY= Devgru

Update took a little longer than expected thanks to the removal of Millers face and the lack of the setFace command.

Hopefully I will get it tested tonight and released over the weekend. I wont be adding revive to the beta version, the mission is easily accomplished with teamwork.

Toying with the idea of taking the Seals underwater again following the introduction of the SDV, playing with ideas on how to get the released agents equipped with re breathers for extraction.

Thanks for the interest in this mission.

any updates for this? was waiting on another update before we played it...

does the current version work properly?

Updated to v1.4 BETA

Changelog version 1.4 BETA

=====================

*Beta compatible

*New mission time [Clear moonlit night]

*New Player loadouts

*New player units [Recon]

*New Team layout [added AT / Paramedic / AR / Marksman]

*Enemy AI tweaks [skills/positions/reinforcements]

*Added short Intro [uAV]

*Script tweaks

*Added more content [Vehicles/Objects]

*New Random start positions for Navy seals

*Tweaked briefing/ Tasks page

*Enemy Gunship / Crew dependent on Seal Insertion point

*I had to change the ID of one of the hostages as Millers face is no loner available.

As always any feedback would be more than welcome.

shark-attack

Edited by shark-attack

I love it! This is one of my favorite missions, I think. Three of us (four, eventually) played it again on Saturday.

We don't like playing with friendly AI (I always disable them), so I edited the mission to add respawn to a place along the shore (after a minute). Unfortunately (note that I've never edited anything before), we respawned without some of the equipment we started with (notably, no scopes or flash suppressors), so I need to add an equipment box there, too, I guess. But it still worked OK.

One of the hostages wouldn't come with us - apparently because he didn't recognize that there was an opening in the walls. He left his building OK, but we couldn't get him to leave the area. (Eventually, we solved that by driving a vehicle into his area and telling him to get aboard.) The second hostage wouldn't follow orders, then, but just started running across the airfield until he got near the first hostage. We had a hard time even keeping up with him!

Still, once we got them together, and loaded up in a transport truck, we were able to get back to the boats and finish the mission successfully. All of us enjoyed it, I think. The only negative comment I heard was that they wished it had a revive option. I must agree, because I always find revive to be fun (trying to get teammates back in the game while avoiding being shot).

But I really can't complain. As I say, this has become one of my favorite missions (after absolutely hating it the first time we attempted to play). Nice job!

Bill

PS. Note that I can't say anything about the reinforcements, except that I really like the idea. But in this case, I was at the east side of the airport, trying to get that first hostage to follow me, so I couldn't see what was going on - just that there were reinforcements. But they didn't seem to be a big problem for the other three guys on my team, so maybe they need to be beefed up a bit? I really can't say.

Congrats on the update!

I like playing SP missions because difficult to get MP way out here in Thailand.

Enjoyed it much. Hope to see more SP missions from you!

@Bill

I think the problems with getting the hostages to follow orders may have arisen when you added re spawn.

Never had any issues with them during testing without re spawn. Either way i am pleased you managed to find a work around and get them into a vehicle.

Pleased you enjoyed the mission. Thanks for the reply.:)

@KK

Many thanks for taking time to comment. Pleased you enjoyed the mission :)

Edited by shark-attack

Some people are having problems with steam workshop not loading missions into the game/scenario section, any way of uploading a link for this mission without the workshop? would love to try it but cant due to workshop problems, thanks

steam currently downloads into steam/userdata/bunch of numbers/ugc for some reason.

anyway really like the mission. can u please convert for altis? I no I can merge but it wont be the same...

@ Azer1234

Working on a similar scenario for Altis.

Along with a few others..

Stand by :)

After so many versions for this great mission, if it were up to me, I would put shark's mission making capabilities on a new mission! :)