Sign in to follow this  
Chriss0906

Soldiers appearance. Important!

I agree we should have some variety in the soldiers as in different body types. A preset of different body types would probably do the job. Like, Skinny, Athletic, Heavy, and Muscular.

I agree we should have some variety in the soldiers as in different body types. A preset of different body types would probably do the job. Like, Skinny, Athletic, Heavy, and Muscular.

Brb, creating Peter Griffin textures.

Even somthing so simple as increasing or decreasing thenheight of the player could make a difference, obviously within reason, I dont want to see no 4.7ft people running about, and then some 20ft giant lumbering around in a forest.

bodymass would be good to see too, can someone not simply build a model with raised sleeves and add to the game? please not i've no clue about designing or modding a game. lol

Even somthing so simple as increasing or decreasing thenheight of the player

that's not simple at all. different height means different skeleton, means different anims.

while making them more skinny or bulky would be easier it still would mean that every single piece of clothes needs to have an extra version for each body type. this ain't skyrim. i think it's safe to say that the focus of this game lies elsewhere.

I am pretty much sure you can just scale (in engine) both the anim skeleton and clothes/gear to fit the larger/skinnier soldier versions.

On an engine that is designed for scaling of characters, sure. But this isn't an MMO...secondly there are other factors beyond that, which I posted a page ago, here is a summary.

It's not an RPG based game wherein you are free to change your character with no reprocussion (Except maybe a camera hating you in tight spaces) due to the fact that attacks are based on the distance of the target and weather or not obstacles are blocking. Aside from attacking behind, WHERE you hit the target rarely (and many times even then) matters.

People would complain about other people using thin and short to not show as much body mass to hit, the people using those builds would complain about most balancing efforts IE all same size hit box (in other words you shoot the short guy above his head, where the 'normal' head is and he dies)

There are reasons for player characters to all be the same size in non mmo, especially first person games when they can battle against other player characters.

Edited by NodUnit

I also want to see a big variaty of Camos (Such as Multicam, Digital and so on). More Customization = longer fun.

The idea of the OP sounds good.

I also want to see a big variaty of Camos (Such as Multicam, Digital and so on). More Customization = longer fun.

We already have a lot of variety of camo, just look all the reskin soldier available around.

The idea of the OP sounds good.

Not so hard to do it yourself as well mate, just takes time to learn which is beneficial.

I like to play wasteland, i mean i want all people to see it.