Sign in to follow this  
Chriss0906

Soldiers appearance. Important!

The soldiers look fine. Now, maybe if they were Marines, I'd be inclined to disagree. A lot of Army soldiers have more of a runner's build than a football (American) build. As in, muscle tone over muscle mass.

I'm happy as it is. I dont want "beefcake 2000" soldiers.

Standard size men is most useful when it comes to mods and different scenarios too. It's not all about stomping CQB.

http://www.sovietrussianspetsnaz.com/spetsnaz_pictures_images_pix_photos_pics_photographs_galleries_gallery/spetsnaz_soviet_spetsnaz_russian_spetnaz_1.jpg (111 kB)

french-foreign-legionnairs.jpg

I don't mind a bit more customization on the body types, but it shouldn't be over the top customization where everyone exploits being able to have STEROID MUSCLES etc.

I don't mind a bit more customization on the body types, but it shouldn't be over the top customization where everyone exploits being able to have STEROID MUSCLES etc.

TBH I don't think many people from this community would bother changing it at all, this isn't The Sims. Most of us stopped playing with Action Man a good few years back...

http://resources.bisimulations.com/wiki/setBMI

500px-setBMI.jpg

Would be nice to have a little variation in height and weight (not extremes as it may break\clip most stuff) to distinguish even more team members (taking in consideration that now the costumization is way deeper than anything we had before), but I don't expect to see it.

The true Rainbow Six had that, I could tell who was who just by their body type.

On a side note: Now that I mentioned R6, other little thing that came to mind was that you could see the operators breathing in and out, there was even a cheat code ("1-900", dunno why I remember it) to make it overexagerated.

EDIT: And while I am at it, those little details like the "

by tpw" just add to the game. Since now they even added an humidity parameter, why not also add a temperature parameter? Could be handy for survivor style of mods or snow terrains.... Dunno, but since the weather system (or at least the rain) is getting a good look at, why not?

Sure,little things that sums up to a greater headache and don't have high priority like gamebreaking bugs\features, but still.

Edited by Smurf

u sure they are spetsnaz??they look french and they are carrying famas..i could me wrong

i think the soldiers look like they have more lean muscle, not "Mass muscle". Lean muscle is way more suited for their job, mass muscle is just for looks and weight training.

I big problem with customization would be the disadvantages of being tall. People would exploit it.

I can see regiments or clans forcing all their members to be as small as possible so they could hide better.

I for one would make it look just like me. I'd end up being 6'4" and 270lbs of muscle... I'd look so out of place and I'd end up getting topped by snipers all the times

If we could just put the acual users physic or stature into the game then we'd be golden.

u sure they are spetsnaz??they look french and they are carrying famas..i could me wrong

The spetznas pic was to big and ended up as a link. The second pic is french foreign legion.

setbmi :D Why not.

Pls tell me where in theese pictures you can find a "arnold-clone" :) This is just pictures of soldiers grabbed from google. Feel free to find more.

http://www.defense.gov/dodcmsshare/newsphoto/2000-04/000421-F-8705R-002.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3255/ut0006190du6.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_w1Te9kELSl8/SwSDg8sbzMI/AAAAAAAAJoA/E_4Y7aj2jOk/s1600/DTN+News+Slovak+Troops+in+Afghanistan+Nov+19+2009.jpg

http://www.nato.int/pictures/2006/061005a/b061005b.jpg

As you can see they all have normal body build, pretty much.

This would lead one to think that "small and agile" is way better and will keep you more alive then "big and pumped" ever would.

Ofc they need to be strong, but they do not train to get big mucles, they train to get agile and strong mucles, as that is way better for long term performance.

So a no for me, we dont need Arnolds and Stallones in Arma pls. Keep it realistic and if its really needed, have 3 or 4 different models with different body builds, but NOTHING like we see in the movies pls.

Unless you're going to be wrestling with your enemies you need stamina, not muscles. That said, it would be welcome if we could have slight variation in body shape and height.

Yes, everyone knows soldiers need to be giant slabs of muscle in order to do their jobs well. I mean look at Audie Murphy, one of the most decorated WW2 veterans.

almurphy-usa-photo-01.jpg

Oh, well. Guess he's not jacked after all.

The heavier you are the harder it will be for you to run, climb a rope, jump over a wall etc, no matter how strong one looks. These essential tests are also the most difficult in the army for the people that looks like Mr Clean. Like it's been said, strength and stamina is what matters, not mass. You gain mass through dense and rapid exercises, which provides minimal strength gains. You gain strength through lengthy and regular exercises, that won't increase your muscle mass dramatically, in the army you'd prefer the latter. That is basic physiology, what you gain in mass and weight you loose in strength, stamina and agility. the current soldier mass is right imo, though yea a reasonable weight slider could be nice but it'd be pretty low on my priority list.

I don't have a problem with those soldiers... only with their butts. Yes - their asses :D

While running, they look like they're constipated or their buttcheeks are sewn together. Luckily, I barely ever switch to 3rd person :P

You don't think that's important? Try to take a dump with sewn ass ;)

Hi, what would be important to me, will be to recognice at 1St sight a soldier of the other (player or AI); the iranians should have a full beard at random, and the NATO soldiers should be able to choose beard, reglamentary moustache, and various haircuts. I would like to hear something about the custom faces... size (in Kb & resolution) and see what parts we can paint on, how the game handle the .jpg custom faces and that kind of things; i was very comfy with my own custom face on the ArmA & ArmA2, and the other players were able of recognice me between the fire team men and adress me things by the side/squad chat (as i don't use HP+MC) and so did i, with the other players that used their own custom faces or some of the ones that i did.

You feel more inmersed on the game if you have the feeling that the character that you're playing with, belongs to you... , with random faces or the fixed predefined ones from the list... you can end with three men (as BIS banns the women from the army) with the same heads/face on the squad, and you would only know who they're by their weaponry, in case they all don't use the same weapons; thing that was very common on the ArmA2. Where most of the people used to take a M4A1+M203+ACOG plus a SMAW with two cucumbers, they only way of recognice 'em at 1St sight dissapeared; and adress at the people as "Hey.. YOU!" by the chat don't works and neither would it to say it the HPs or say "the man at my right; do whatever".

There should be a good way of modify the head/face appearance of the soldiers inside the game, not only to increase the inmersion; but also to allow the players to recognice between 'emselves in 0.5 during a firefight.

There's also another question related to this; the Squad Logo. There should be a way (an easyer one) of show a logo that works as a Squad Logo on the game, if we board a vehicle (to identify and distinguish between the players vehicles and also between player manned and AI manned vehicles), it should be shown too on the soldier shoulder, helmet or cap tabs, depending on their cloth. With the custom face plus a Squad Logo there wont be a problem to distinguish between players; but the squad logo should work as the custom faces did, you place the logo on a user folder and it's displayed in game. Instead the Squad Logos used to work until now. From the OFP to the day that i'd uninstalled the ArmA2... i wasn't ever be able of make a Squad Logo work; there should be an easyer way, one that works... and be stored on the same place where the player places the custom face, for make it easyer for everyone, getting 'em to have the feeling that they have something unique and that distinguishes 'em from other players. In that way... everyone happy and also identifyed. Let's C ya

listen up people. i dont whant a rambo kind of soldier. just an athletic one. a lean muscle one. the ones in arma are way too skinny. the ones in arma if you take all your clothes off.

they look super skinny. they look like if someone whent to their houses and put them in a war without training or anything. i whant to look at my soldier and feel like if he did a good training i whant to see him FIT. with lean muscle. listen. its imposible for a soldier to look that skinny with the hard training they pass trough. i will chose a random picture from google to show you a regular fit body. not over the top, but not skinny neither.

Top-5-Lean-Muscle-Supplements.jpg

thats a regular athetic body. i work out and my body is similar to that. soldiers training are super hard. ive seen how they work and its insane thats why the soldiers ive seen look lean and fit.

at least bohemia should add a some weight presets. not height just weight.

I really don't care what soldiers look like in their underpants.

Random height & weight variations would be good though. Can't see it happening unfortunately.

listen up people. i dont whant a rambo kind of soldier. just an athletic one. a lean muscle one. the ones in arma are way too skinny. the ones in arma if you take all your clothes off.

they look super skinny. they look like if someone whent to their houses and put them in a war without training or anything. i whant to look at my soldier and feel like if he did a good training i whant to see him FIT. with lean muscle. listen. its imposible for a soldier to look that skinny with the hard training they pass trough. i will chose a random picture from google to show you a regular fit body. not over the top, but not skinny neither.

http://www.secretshealthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Top-5-Lean-Muscle-Supplements.jpg

thats a regular athetic body. i work out and my body is similar to that. soldiers training are super hard. ive seen how they work and its insane thats why the soldiers ive seen look lean and fit.

Might be a regular workout body, but not a regular soldier's build. The soldiers in Arma 3 are not too skinny. Their build is more like a runner's build. If anything, it'd be good to have a variety, like in VBS. You certainly have soldiers with more of the build you describe, but that's not the norm. There is no one typical build for soldiers. Oh, and the pic you put up is not "lean". Nor is soldier's training "super hard". It's not hard to be a soldier. It takes discipline, knowledge, and general physical fitness to be a soldier. Soldiers also aren't the most fit individuals on earth. Professional athletes are more fit than soldiers. The hardest part about being a soldier is mental, not physical. It's about how much you're willing to go through, how determined you are, and how disciplined you are, not how strong you are or how large your muscles are.

Edited by antoineflemming

[/url]

That's not 'fit.' That's deliberately toned. Manicured. You could ace all the army's fitness tests and not look like that. For starters, few soldiers get Brazilian wax jobs.

Thanks for putting that Heterosexual Warfare picture from the top of this page in beautiful context, though.

I have proof that I'm bulkier today compared to my army days when i was 20 and very slender..like most of us.

sga93001.th.jpg