Sign in to follow this  
invictr

Good overall fps, but insane freezelagg

Hey, have anyone else experienced extreme freezelagg while playing the blitz-missions?

My overall fps is 50++ but i get freezelagg very often, making it almost unplayable, and it is only while playing this missiontype.

None of the ppl i play with have the same kind of lagg..

(its a shame, because its one of the most fun missions :)

My pc specs:

cpu: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz (at 4001 MHz)

mem: 8176 MB @ 1600(?)mz

gfx: AMD Radeon HD 6950 (1680x1050x32bit 75Hz)

Startup parameters: -nosplash -noPause -world=empty -noFilePatching -maxMem=8192 -cpuCount=4 -nobenchmark -winxp

Ingame settings: all on high. Disabeled AA; Post prosessing; Vsync; Shadows; Clouds, and reduced viewdistance to 1700

- Invictr

that started happening to me with the 'dev build' released yesterday. my numbers (fps, gpu usage) were ok, but I was seeing a lot of visible stuttering. I rolled back to the 'stable' build

It happened to me on some server when someone joined. Might be connected to that.

I dont think thats the problem, it happens when i host the mission alone as well..

It happens _only_ in blitzkrieg missions

SSD might help, but then again i have friends with worse hardware that dont experience the same thing :(

Edit: with freezelagg i mean that my game goes from 50fps to 0fps, for 0.5-2 seconds, and it happens alot

Edited by invictr

please post your rpt

that happens to me too! my framerate drops from 35+ to 1/2 for 5 seconds or so and then it goes up!

running SSD i5 at 4ghz/gtx 570 so I should be ok there! its basically the dev built I think!

We get this on AusArmA servers, didn't realize it was related to Blitzkrieg although that's mostly what we play. I thought it was the verifysigs that was causing it though.

I had this issue for a while and managed to fix it. For me it was having mods/arma 2 content ported over. I undid this and things went back to smooth for me. I figured something was fishy when my brother showed me A3 lite on his comp and it ran smooth as butter (he has the same specs as me)

It could be related to rpt logging by the mission or the game itself, if your are not using a SSD/ram drive.

The latest version of Blitzkrieg has no constant logging though. Try a server with V5/V6 server.

i found moving your profiles to the default Arma 3 directory from "My Documents" helps a lot of ppl who are having this "stutter" problem.

you can use this to load the profiles after you moved them "-profiles=XXX\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Profiles" "-name=XXXX" changed the details as needed.