Sign in to follow this  
TEAMKILLER

[POLL] ARMA III - HD Texture pack?

ARMA III Texture pack after Full release?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. ARMA III Texture pack after Full release?

• Yes, i got enough GPU power left.
    • No, my GPU isn't strong enough.

Wow, this thread may have the highest proportion of "knee-jerk, didn't read the whole post" to legit responses of any thread I've read yet (apart from maybe the Women Soldiers thread).

The OP said he was talking about the full game, not alpha. If a user wants to set time aside to after launch to try to improve the textures why shouldn't they? Just because your PC can't handle it is a piss poor reason.

And seriously, "HD texture pack" is ridiculous in a pc only game, it's only in game that launch with the terrible console textures because of tight deadlines.

exactly. it's something that's standard in most modern PC games. there's no "high res texture pack" for Crysis 3, because they're just part of the standard game now

edit: and texture size has little to do with "gpu power". it's pretty much strictly tied to the amount of video memory you have. texture size is not the reason this game isn't fully utilizing your gpu

Edited by daze23

Daze, im talking about Crysis 2. They released a HD Texture pack and a DX 11 Patch after the release. Read the whole text next time!

But didn't Crysis 2 kind of NEED a high resolution pack? http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/10/pretty-up-crysis-2-with-this-mega-texture-enhancement-pack/ I mean...that keypad.

I suppose a few props could use an update, haven't really checked em out but could you point to a few that you have concern with?

Edited by NodUnit

Daze, im talking about Crysis 2. They released a HD Texture pack and a DX 11 Patch after the release. Read the whole text next time!

no I read fine. Crysis 2 needed a "HD texture pack", and dx11 patch, because it didn't come with those things at launch. Crysis 3 does, so it doesn't need a "HD texture pack"

a "HD texture pack" used to be something that only those with high end vid cards could use, so it wasn't always included with the 'base' game. but now that 1+gb vram is more widespread, it's a standard feature

this game (Arma 3) already has HD textures included. if a user wants to make some other custom texture pack, that's a another story

The fact that ArmA III doesn't make a good use of the GPU is a whole different problem. It's tied to the "engine CPU bottleneck" that prevents the game to take full advantage of the GPU.

Please no, the game barely runs on my GTX680 + i7 2600k stock. Such a tragedy because it's a beautifully designed game.

Please no, the game barely runs on my GTX680 + i7 2600k stock. Such a tragedy because it's a beautifully designed game.

So? No one's going to put a gun to your head and make you download it.

Overclock your 2600 (you did buy the k, after all). Will make a big difference.

So? No one's going to put a gun to your head and make you download it.

Overclock your 2600 (you did buy the k, after all). Will make a big difference.

Agree on the OC (I tried earlier with 4.5Ghz) and it gave me an extra 10-15 fps, however it still won't hit 60fps on high, let alone max and ultra. High is "playable" (if you consider 40-45 fps playable) however the game still runs like death in the showcases.

Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Benq XL2420T 120hz monitor, Nvidia GTX 680, Razer BlackWidow Ultimate, Razer Taipan, Razer Scarab

Edited by Gigadeath22

Agree, OC to 4.5 and it will run without problems if you disable core parking.

Agree, OC to 4.5 and it will run without problems if you disable core parking.

Interesting - what kind of fps increase do you get with core parking disabled?

if the game is released with less than optimum current gen textures, then yes please.