khayman

05 Heavy Metal?

Okay, I'm having difficulty with this mission at the part where you meet up with the platoon(other tanks). I get there in my tank with my whole crew, but soon after I'm ejected from the tank with my crew as the platoon leader apparently orders. After this my crew gets back into the tank but I cannot, there is no option for it. I walked up to all the tanks but I don't get the option to get in. My tank just sits there at the meeting point and 2 of the other tanks follow me around while the leader heads off toward the target.

Any clue on this one???

Thanks,

Andy

I think this is a bug (and it's been there since 1.00) and the only solution I've found is to shoot the commander of one tank (they're all turned out) and take his place.

Well I hate to risk going to a miltiary prsion for the rest of my life, but I'd certainly call that a bug work-around. I'll give it a try!

Thanks,

Andy

Yeas, I had to shoot someone to trigger the next event but my question is: What am I supposed to do in the battle itself? Correct me if I'm wrong but you can only play the driver in this mission. This seems to mean that you cannot target or fire a weapon or order a weapon to be fired. You just have to drive where you are ordered and hope to stay alive. I couldn't interest my gunner in a T-72 in plain sight, 50m away. Am I missing something?

Well shooting the leader at the platoon meeting point let me get into my tank, but like TwIce, all I could do was drive the tank. I finished the mission though, I guess I'm a good driver;)

Bottom line is I cannot belive this buggy of a mission got through Q&A with Codemasters, very sad in deed.

As soon as everyone from your tank is ejected, you have about 10-15 seconds to get back in as the commander, so just get back in there soldier:cool:

I noticed the lack of commands as a driver also, and I posted a message about it HERE

Suma replied stating Yes, you have to take position as commander (even for just a second) before you can give orders.

So probably the best thing to do would be to restart the mission, and when you get to the base to repair your tank, get out then get in as commander, then order your crew to get in, that way you have control of your tank, then at the rally point as others have mentioned, get back in as commander once you're ejected.

The mission probably ejects you so that you will get in as commander, as that is what you are ordered to do, it must assume that you are still the driver, and as you've found out, being the driver is a serious limitation. So I think the Ejecting is their way to get around this problem.

Hope that info helps

cya

Narler

I have the 1.00 European Version and I dont have that problem. Perhaps its the American version...

Bobby