adanteh

Logitech G13 / G700 Profile Arma3

Not sure where to post this, but I thought some people might appreciate it.

Here's my control scheme I use for Arma 3 Alpha in this state. M1 is for infantry. M2 is for land vehicles and M3 is for helicopters. As you can see there's nothing to control AI, seeing I don't ever play with private AI minions. The controls in Arma itself are somewhat changed. All the combinations of keys that use RightCTRL are change to use LeftCTRL instead (So GPS is now LeftCTRL+M, added Switch Weapon to LeftCTRL+;, This way you have one modifier for everything. Movement is somewhat changed to resemble Arma2 more. Shift is walk/run temporary. 2xShift is Walk/run toggle. 2xW is Fast Forward (aka Sprint). G1 is a W toggle script to use for autorun. On M2 G3 and G5 are a toggle for Q and respectively E (Crawl mode and turbo. I don't think Q and E are binded by default. I made them the same as Arma2. ).

http://imgur.com/a/ReUyl

Seeing I also use a G700 there's some stuff for that too (Included in the same profile). I unbinded Right Mouse from Lock or Zoom (Please bohemia, fix that 'bug' where you can only zoom in with vehicle sights, rather than aim down sight) and use two buttons on the side of my mouse for zoom in and zoom out instead.

Download link here: http://cl.ly/code/3O3J45142S1B

I even have some free buttons :3

Edited by Adanteh

Could be very useful, but please replace the image with one 100kb or less thanks :)

Next to the New Profile button inside your Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) there is an import button. Just import it and check if everything is set up correctly in-game keybinding wise. I put everything that I changed in-game in the first post, however I'll update this once more stuff get added / when I do some fine-tuning and then I'll make a better list of in-game control changes.

This is what i use on my G510 for autorun, this makes G1 on my KB perform the autorun only, if i have my G13 hooked up it doesn't effect this. this also changes my back-light on my lcd's to red if i have autorun enabled then back to my default setting of green.

toggleW = 0
function OnEvent(event, arg, family)
family = family or ""
if family == "kb" and event == "G_PRESSED" and arg == 1 then
if toggleW == 0 then
toggleW = 1
PressKey("w")
OutputLCDMessage("Auto Run Enabled",5000)
SetBacklightColor(255,0,0,"kb")
else
toggleW = 0
ReleaseKey("w")
OutputLCDMessage("Auto Run Disabled",5000)
SetBacklightColor(0,255,0, "kb")
end
end

Edited by xyberviri

Your keybindings are strange as shit lol. Combat pace on your MOUSE?

I'm using the similar Orbweaver. Currently not sure how I want my keybindings but I've got all movement, stances and equipment on the keys and firing modes, zeroing and toggle zoom out on my mouse for CQB.

I don't think the joystick is accurate enough and intuitive enough to use in combat so I've only got clock, compass, gps and watch bound to every direction of it and double tap to toggle lol.

I did use to have binos, NV and the map on there too but moved it to the keys ASAP.

By the way how the hell do you toggle flashlights? Can’t find any binding to do it and sometimes it happens just randomly.

Your keybindings are strange as shit lol. Combat pace on your MOUSE?

Yeah man, I think it's a pretty decent button I wouldn't use otherwise. It's not like I need to left click and click that button at the same time. It is combat pace toggle though! I prefer toggle with everything. I can imagine it being incredibly annoying if you don't use toggle for it. Maybe that's the confusion.

By the way how the hell do you toggle flashlights? Can’t find any binding to do it and sometimes it happens just randomly.

I think Flashlights toggle by default by the way. L is the normal button I believe.

I'm not a huge fan of having binos on my thumbstick by the way. Sometimes the stick jiggles a bit which causes me to get my binos out by accident, but I don't know another decent key for it. I might just switch it to Ctrl+N or so, meaning I have night vision and binos under the same direction more or less. Zeroing and zoom in on the mouse is great though. I absolutely love having those extra buttons on the mouse.

I'm using the similar Orbweaver.

How is that one? The main reason I like the G13 because it finally gives my thumb some purpose (Dear industrial designers, humans have very flexible thumbs. Please keep that in mind). A thumbstick (Aka 5 buttons), G22 (Space key more or less) and two other large buttons instead of just V+B+Space on normal keyboards. It's a shame the orbweaver only has one button next to the thumbstick plus the 20-key seems a bit far away to normally rest your finger on.

Edited by Adanteh

Off topic, but you should definitely check out LCDSirReal for your G13 if you haven't already. Thanks to that one plugin I'm completely hooked on Logitech's gamepanel display. While playing I can see my CPU & GPU use & temp, RAM, Net in/out, & FPS (and most of those can be replaced by a dozen other options); and I don't have to have a whole second screen sucking power to do it. By far the best part of owning one of the gamepanel devices from Logitech IMHO.

How is that one? The main reason I like the G13 because it finally gives my thumb some purpose (Dear industrial designers, humans have very flexible thumbs. Please keep that in mind). A thumbstick (Aka 5 buttons), G22 (Space key more or less) and two other large buttons instead of just V+B+Space on normal keyboards. It's a shame the orbweaver only has one button next to the thumbstick plus the 20-key seems a bit far away to normally rest your finger on.

The Orbweaver is sweet. Note that the 20 main keys are mechanical Cherry blues (or browns on the Stealth) and both the "Alt" (officially the "Hyperresponse Thumb Key"), the "Spacebar" (the "Spacebar actuator") and the 8/4 way d-pad all click just like a mouse.

The clickyness together with the solid dark matte design gives a very precise impression.

It's nice to have your hand on and works nice. Easy and effective software, macros... definitely a step up from the Nostromo and I'd actually take this over the G13.

I haven’t got anything in particular bound to the “joystick†though. Even if you disable the diagonal directions using a joystick to click is just strange even though it’s in a great position and all. I guess once the game goes retail and I have to start binding commanding and communication commands they might go there?

I used to have binos and night vision on the key above E but now I have them on V. I also think I have V bound to get out and eject though so I’m really not sure how it’s all going to end.

I’m going to get a Mamba to have the Mamba/Orbweaver combo. Stylish though Razer products do have a reputation for breaking down. If not that I would probably go with the G13/G700 too. There’s a Saitek Cyborg “Commanding Unit†too but it doesn’t look like much. I’d get the Ouroboros mouse except its only green and I hate green so much I’ve disabled backlighting on the Orbweaver… I’m thinking about opening it up and changing the LEDs to blue eventually.

Only cons with the Orbweaver I can think of is non-customizable backlighting, non-braided cable, I think you may need an internet connection to change keybindings and finally the different parts of mine wobble a little bit probably because it’s customizable… it’s not noticeable when your hand is on it though.

Edited by Sneakson

I'm not really a fan of the Razer software and build quality and I love the logitech warranty (Broke different stuff and always got replacements in a couple of days, even though it was mostly user caused). I actually won a full Razer set on time, but sold everything off it. I do wish it had mechanical keys though. It's fun to see that they're still coming out with products like this. The G13 has been around for a few years and hasn't changed at all (The software is a lot better these days).

I'm not really a fan of the Razer software and build quality and I love the logitech warranty (Broke different stuff and always got replacements in a couple of days, even though it was mostly user caused). I actually won a full Razer set on time, but sold everything off it. I do wish it had mechanical keys though. It's fun to see that they're still coming out with products like this. The G13 has been around for a few years and hasn't changed at all (The software is a lot better these days).

It's about time for a new G13. Played with the Orbweaver extensively now though and works perfectly except I'm only using one direction on the joystick. Using angled joysticks accurately is too difficult.

So other than the cosmetic nitpicks and the slight wobbliness of the thumb part it's perfect... I wonder if all are wobbly though. Not noticeable during gameplay.

I agree whole heartedly. I've loved everything I've owned by Logitech and most of it has lasted longer than I've used it. If they would make a keyboard with mechanical keys and a Gamepanel LCD I would kiss them. That and a true successor to the Z-5500s.

Slightly off topic but I don't think there is need for a new thread. I have a G19 keyboard and I am wondering if anyone has setup any keybindings for Arma3 on this piece of hardware?

Slightly off topic but I don't think there is need for a new thread. I have a G19 keyboard and I am wondering if anyone has setup any keybindings for Arma3 on this piece of hardware?

I have a G510 and my friend has the G19. So far neither of us has done anything fancy in Arma 3, just map some of the harder to reach keys that are needed during combat (such as compass, zeroing, and zoom) to the G-keys.

You could use the autorun thing as well which I always find quite handy myself. Besides that maybe some vehicle controls or so you wouldn't normally use. If you use AI you could also set up some quick macros for commands you use a lot.

Can you elaborate the "zoom bug"? There might be some workaround if you dive deeper into customizing controls.