Sign in to follow this  
Peedge

Does anyone want to help out an ARMA noob?

Hello.

I am completely new to the ARMA series.

I've just purchased the ARMA 3 Alpha after swearing off the BF series with the sour taste BF3 left in my mouth.

So now I'm looking to mature in my FPS gaming. So far, this seems like the place....but it's a HUOOGE learning curve.

I was just wondering if anyone wanted to hop into a game with me some time and give me a bit of direction.

Thanks.

Mitch

Can't get any more vague than this. :) What are you interested in? Preferences? Questions?

Play through all 4 Showcase missions, get the hang of infantry controls & then learn by heart all of the vehicle/misc controls from the options menu. Then we can play. :D

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

1) Find a community.

2) Join their Teamspeak.

3) Ask questions.

Develop team work and learn at the same time.

Sent from my Ericsson T28 using Tapatalk

there are keys and buttons that will leave you tongue tied.

the game play if you get with a good squad is nothing less than military

for action.. (with ArmA2 anyway) its about 10% of any BF game so far less stressful

the game as a game is second to non (ArmA2) A3 will be something else when its finished but so far even the couple of not longs i spent on it i love it already.

open editor and make a little scenario go in and learn the keys. spawn your self some playable air craft and learn to fly. this will save you the bollockings in a live server, (they get a bit uptight if you fly off without your wings and a craft full of grunts, especially if you mess up and crash lol)

enjoy it mate you wont play anything else like it ever :)

Hello.

I've just purchased the ARMA 3 Alpha after swearing off the BF series with the sour taste BF3 left in my mouth.

So now I'm looking to mature in my FPS gaming. So far, this seems like the place....but it's a HUOOGE learning curve.

I was just wondering if anyone wanted to hop into a game with me some time and give me a bit of direction.

Thanks.

Mitch

I'll agree with Iroquois Pliskin; what part of Arma 3 do you want help with?

Mitch, dont worry about arma folks being so anally retentive :-)

...sent you a PM, more than happy to try and help out if I can.

Really joining a community is your best bet, not just to learn the game but also to have a better experience based on what you like to do. I've said it before and i'll say it again, Arma is not about public Coop/PVP/Warfare/Ect. It's about finding a community that suits you (based on style, size, ect) and playing organized games. Shoot me a PM if you have any more general questions though ;).

sure i have lots of how to and tips for arma, have a look at this blitzkrieg how to video it might help you enjoy it more, I have lots of videos (no ads) on my channel as well.

Still, ARMA series isn't that difficult in the learning curve (unless you play PVP mostly), I found more difficult other FPS related games overall. The difficulty lies on changing schemes when you play a game or another, It's like when I tried coming back to RO1 after playing for some weeks ARMA 2, to find that my aim got worse in RO1 because of all the sway and recoil.

Hello.

Thanks.

Mitch

In Arma is not like you know it from FPS-Shooter to join a "Team", you know it as guild or clan.

In Arma you will find to 95% communities, that is a mix from fixed "Team-Members" and guests. Currently the most communities are playing still Arma 2 AO, they will come to Arma 3.

You must search a good public server from a community that you like and play on it a bit. If you like the server + community you can contact them. Good communities have his own map and goal what they want to do, so test a few communties, then you will find a good one.

Btw. you can find communities over the world. I live in Germany, but I found a community I like in USA where I playing since 8 mounth.

Good Luck

Edited by Bensch

Para is a legend. ^^ Pie and peas!!!

To all,

We've now got a server running on our dedi now so you are welcome to join.

We are editing Jay Cole's insurgency file for tactical reasons by adding squads, roles and pilot only errr, pilots.

We encourage teamwork, newbies are welcome and we are always on hand to show you the ropes.

For an actively admin'd community who encourage teamwork and tactics try out The British Sergeants' Mess.

www.britishsergeantsmess.com

ts3.britishsergeantsmess.com

Sent from my Ericsson T28 using Tapatalk

Hello.

Thanks.

Mitch

Best advice I can give you is to play the 4 missions first and get use to the controls in FP view. Then play hours and hours on MP servers to get a feel of team play the Arma folks are looking for.

You have plenty of time to get use to the controls before the game is released.