Sign in to follow this  
Jnoble

Strange Lag issue when looking in certain directions in editor

Hi all,

If this particular problem has been previously posted, I apologize; however I could not find it. Here is my issue:

*With VSYNC turned off, the Scene res at 1920 x 1080 x 32, and everything else at ULTRA (or highest allowed) and distance at 3600m AND with latest Nvidia Beta drivers*

1. When playing in multiplayer matches, no matter where on Stratis I go, the game runs flawless and fast, with the exception of very minor instances that are hardly noticeable and may be due to internet lag.

2. When playing the showcases, the game also runs flawlessly without any noticeable slowdown, etc.

3. HOWEVER, when I go into the editor and start as a soldier/vehicle on the Stratis Air Base, and I look due East, the game gets a little slow while looking back and forth in that direction. I can look everywhere just fine with no real slowdown (except of course for the West towards the ocean where it is a little bit faster) except for when I look due East.

#3 is strange, because I can look at towns, forests, etc with no slowdown or lag, but when I look or fly due East I get an annoying amount of lag. Once I have flown East for 1000m or so, the lag seems to go away. There is some invisible (and barely populated) area there that seems to lag for me.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this might be? Or, perhaps someone could explain to me why it runs fine in showcase, and in island-wide multiplayer games just fine?

Thanks for any and all help/information.

Edited by Jnoble
grammar correction

So no one else has this issue?

So no one else has this issue?

I get the exact same behaviour. I think there is a problematic object somewhere in that general direction... In my case rotating the view as little as 3-5 degrees bumps framerate up again...