Sign in to follow this  
bigshot

I Can't Get Skipintro and Nosplash Working

seems to have no effect for me since I still have 4 screens to wait for before game menu appears...-world=empty works fine though. Ive read other folks using -skipintro and -nosplash so I'm a bit confused why I can't get it to work correctly.

-nosplash is working for me, but it takes about the same time to load the game.

figured out the trouble...apparently if using the steam launch options you need to NOT use a semi colon to separate each command.

So, in steam launch options you must use:

[space]-nosplash[space]-world=empty

doing it this way cut my game loading time by more than half. From approx 35 seconds now down to 14 seconds.

I don't see the point in having -world=empty though, considering Arma 3 only has one island at this point lol.

reason #1 - gets you to the in-game menus much faster (this is nice especially for times when you need to be ingame but dont intend on playing a mission, messing with options or server browsing, etc.)

reason #2 - what's the point of having the game loading the island twice (1x when you start the game and 1x again when you start a mission)

dunno why it does this but even if you let the game load the world at game boot, it will still load the island again the first time you run a mission during a session. So you end up wasting twice the load time.

When I choose world empty, it starts to "lag" in the menu and what not.

I use -nosplash -world=empty

This works for me and I love it

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -nosplash -skipintro -showscripterrors -nopause -world=empty;

I tried using the code that uses a mission.sqm to launch right into the editor, but had no luck. Anyone get this working?

This works for me and I love it

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -nosplash -skipintro -showscripterrors -nopause -world=empty;

I tried using the code that uses a mission.sqm to launch right into the editor, but had no luck. Anyone get this working?

What does -nopause and do? I have an idea about -showscripterrors but what are these?

What does -nopause and do? I have an idea about -showscripterrors but what are these?

If you 'alt-tab' out the game it doesn't pause (keeps running), whereas normally it would auto pause..

I have an idea about -showscripterrors but what are these?

-showscripterrors is enabled in Arma 3 by default. So essentially - it does nothing.

Also, I wouldn't recommend using the -world=empty as at least for me - full water scenery has high impact on performance and low menu FPS.