Sign in to follow this  
Frankdatank1218

KSG shotgun and its possible functionality

The KSG shotgun is rumored to be in aRMA 3 as shown by this screenshot:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/c/c7/Arma3_ksg.jpg/600px-Arma3_ksg.jpg

Now, this is interesting, because the KSG has dual mag tubes that can be switched at will and loaded with different ammo. This means the gun is capable of having 7slugs, and 7 shot shells, and you can switch between them at will. This functionality in the in-game version would be appreciated, wouldn't you think?

I think the system would support it--after all, you can switch between rifle and grenade launcher. On the other hand, even if the KSG is in the game it might end up being like the RFB--turned into a magic underwater gun that fires 5.56mm.

I would like to see the real KSG in the game, though, even if it ends up being something that's done by modders later. Sadly, I think I'll see a KSG in Arma 3 (one way or another) before I manage to find one in real life...

I was quite surprised that anyone outside US heard of Kel-Tec...lol

I think the system would support it--after all, you can switch between rifle and grenade launcher. On the other hand, even if the KSG is in the game it might end up being like the RFB--turned into a magic underwater gun that fires 5.56mm.

I would like to see the real KSG in the game, though, even if it ends up being something that's done by modders later. Sadly, I think I'll see a KSG in Arma 3 (one way or another) before I manage to find one in real life...

Meanwhile, Kel-Tec is preparing smaller versions of the same design, adapted to 'intermediate' calibers such as 7.62×39mm, 5.56×45mm NATO (.223), 6.5 Grendel and 6.8mm Remington SPC.[1] The 5.56×45mm NATO version has been tentatively named the CFB (Carbine, Forward-ejection, Bullpup), and will feed from standard AR-15 magazines.

I can't explain the underwater though.

There is shotgun ammo in the alpha.

i hope we get proper shotguns now and not "fire 8 shots in succession real fast"-guns

If I remember correctly in PMC DLC for arma2 the shotgun is already correctly simulated.