rcmw

[CAMP] 100 Days

Is there still a way to get a good ending in this campaign? Because I kept the casualties to a minimum (there might have been one) and achieved the objectives of each mission right up until the HVT one. After that, everything turned weird, with Uprising ending up as a failure even though I completed every objective except for the last one (the mission ended before it was completed) and then there was really just one mission after that.

The first half of the campaign was excellent, though.

@azz_er

Thanks! Glad you like it, got some more things in the works but really busy at the moment.

@JTFG

There is almost always a way to turn it around, I'll go over the details of how it works out if you have a good or bad ending. I'm not sure what you mean weird? Did the missions not work or just not make sense? I always want to fix any bugs or misunderstandings.

As you go though the campaign you increase your campaign level by completing objectives, at first you can only get 1 or 2 added to your score per mission but later missions are more important and can add up to 4. If you leave a “man down†ie one of your men is shot and you don’t extract him, the score is reduced (If you extract him the score will never go down). Failing some objectives can also have a negative impact and will reduce you score.

The mission Uprising is the turning point mission, and that can add or subtract up to 8 from your campaign score, in Uprising you get one point for ever man you keep alive to the end and subtract one for each death, this mean there is almost always a way to turn it around (I set the par for that mission at 0, so if you lose half your men it will stay unchanged) but if you have a hard time with Uprising and everyone dies it will give you -8 and probably fail you. After Uprising you will get a “good†mission or a “bad†mission depending on your score.

You can check the campaign score at any time with radio command 0-0-1, but as it can fluctuate during a mission I recommend you only pay attention at the mission start. The par going into Uprising is 26 but you can be higher or lower than this.

Note using the “endmission†cheat will not add any score for that mission as the score is saved at the end of the mission (There will be a warning if you use it).

In short doing really well in the later missions will make up for mistakes but if you have failed too much you can't. I wanted to make it so that ever mission, even the first one, mattered but that you can turn it around if you try hard later on. I did make the good ending hard to get, but in play testing everyone got the good ending so I didn’t think it was too hard, that and the bad ending is my favourite mission :). One of the nice thing about it is you can always start again sometime to try and get the good ending, knowing that everything you do matters.

Edited by RCMW

Hey thanks Trapper, I've been lost for a solution for that error for some time now, I'll give that a try.

I'll also have a play around with the sound to see if I can get better results, I originally had the men shouting when they were hit but it caused problems as the "man down" shout would not fire as the unit saying it was dead, therefor "man down" always has to be the leader but I can properly move the others around.

Humm I get a crash when I add ": NoEndings". I'll keep looking for a fix but looks like its not a simple one, I've taken apart a number of campaigns and can't see a difference. Thinking it must be something else maybe, I'm using a standard ending command in mission.

Hi,

Great campaign better than some of Bis's in fact ACR was sorry to say very disappointing. No offense BIS Yes you guys made the game and the tools, but gotta admit quite a few amateur mission makers here are very talented. ;) Anyways my questions are below.

For mission sorry don't know the name but the one where you have to arrest the 3 HVT's? Is there a way to capture the 3rd guy as Ive tried everything to no avail. He always blows himself up. Is it scripted that way I just want to be sure if there is a way to capture him alive

Also mission 79 where you kill that Scorpion guy is he supposed to be killed or is he allowed to escape as we all know ARMA's AI path finding is a bit wonky at times and he's following me in that suv and stopping when I stop, Ive blasted him with rpg's, grenades and machine guns but both in and out of the car he's un killable. Ive tried this mission quite a few times without being spotted or being spotted doesn't matter. But he always seems to escape and can't be killed just want to know if the mission is supposed to end like that. So I don't waste my time as Im so busy I hardly get to play etc.

Btw any mission or campaign that I have trouble with I disable all other mods except those required etc. But great Campaign very professional and looks like a lot of work went into it. Good job. I have the supporters version of ARMA 3 but waiting till the full game comes out as I like to be surprised and love to experience it the way it was meant to be. So that's why Im glad that there are still some of you making stuff for A2.

Thanks for sharing

Sachiko

Hey, thanks, glad you liked it, I will still be making Arma 2 missions for some time yet, I like to make missions as realistic as possible wile still being fun and I find the future setting of Arma 3 a bit off-putting. I still like it but will want to wait for some good addons and mods to give Arma 3 a more real world feel.

As for your questions :)

When you need to arrest the 3 HVTs you can't save the last one, he always blows himself up. Sometime the best result you can get is a partial victory (Originally he pulled a gun on you when you tried to arrest him but this caused to many problems).

No in that mission you can't kill him, that’s not the mission, the mission objective is to find him and let Delta get him not go after him yourself. Briefing say to just find him, and once you spot him the mission will play out and HQ will tell you to withdrawl.

Again your not the 1st to try and capture him solo lol, and it was dam impressive if you managed to get him with an RPG, didn’t think that was possible. I edited the briefing in the last version to try and make it clear your mission is not to kill him, but your not the 1st to try.

In general those two missions are about the country falling a little out of your control whatever you do. A few people have gone out of there way to try and complete them and found the fact that you can't get a perfect result in them frustrating but it was needed for the plot.

Hi!

I've encountered a problem with the first mission, mainly the objectives where you shoot at the red pop up targets. They don't fall when I hit them nor do I get points. I have changed the weapons in the editor to RH_M4M and the M24 sniper rifle. I've also converted the rest of the mission into USMC faction. Could this cause the problem?

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

Also, where do I change the type of chopper and medic in the medivac? I have been searching through the mission map and in the editor but can't seem to find out where i change them.

Some other people have reported the targets not working when running it with other mods. I tested it with CBA, jarhead sound, Blastcore and a few others but if one is interfering I afraid I can't change that. I know that ACE will stop some of the scripts working as intended.

Feel free to change some of the weapons but please don't re-release it without me having a look over it :), the classnames used by the medic can be found in unit_array.hpp and the units used by the air-support are in airSup/airSupInit.sqf.

Regarding NoEndings, I had a longer look at the wiki. What I didn't notice before was that NoEndings is a class you have first to define yourself to be able to inherit from. Just like you've done with MissionDefault already. So you could instead just add

lost = ;

end1 = ;

end2 = ;

end3 = ;

end4 = ;

end5 = ;

end6 = ;

to your class Beginning, too. I used Eliteness for recompiling to check this out myself, but after many tries i noticed it seem to create a bad pbo even with no change to the description.ext. So you'll still have to check it yourself.

hi,

I installed the 100 days mod but when I start I get this error code No entry 'bin\config.bin\Cfg Worlds.1.

I have to mention that I installed it in my missions folder because i can't find my campaign folder. I did installed OA BAF ACR PMC in the A2 folder tough, maybe this is the problem?

hi,

I installed the 100 days mod but when I start I get this error code No entry 'bin\config.bin\Cfg Worlds.1.

I have to mention that I installed it in my missions folder because i can't find my campaign folder. I did installed OA BAF ACR PMC in the A2 folder tough, maybe this is the problem?

Hello and welcome to the forum. You have to create a campaign folder in your Arma Root directory. Extract from the compressed file the pho file and copy it into the campaign folder and you should be good to go.

cheers

tnx for the reply, everything ok now. I did use a capital c so time for some action now. But why do I have 2 100 Days links at my campaign selection screen? I only have one folder with the mods pbo file.

greetz

Hey, not sure about the two links, do you still have a copy in your missions folder?

I remember this bug with user made campaigns show 2 times in campaign menu.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137968-Campaigns-showing-twice-in-the-game-menu/page2

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129134-usermade-campaign-twice-in-the-menu

Put campaign file not in:

...arma2\campaigns but in ...arma 2\expansions\campaigns.

little problem here when I load a save I get a error code something about a deleted file. When I do the patrol mission and pass the first checkpoint it saves automatically right, then I headed to checkpoint 2 I get ambushed by insurgents and got kia, so I try to start from the last save and get this error code saying can't load because of a deleted file (ACE file) so is there any fix for this?

cheers

ACE file?!?

Humm think this is a problem with your mods not the Campaign since it is not an ACE campaign and I have not tried it with ACE at all.

I did have a similar problem when I played with ACE that if you don’t have all the extras installed you get an error when loading any saves but again this bug is with ACE not the Campaign so look to them for more answers.

I would recommend installing all the ACE extras if you are using it but be warned this Campaign is not fully ACE compatible at the moment so ACE may cause unexpected bugs an almost certain fix would be to play without ACE. The campaign has been tested with a number of mods, like Blastcore and Jarhead sound but unfortunately not ACE.

If you not using and have never used ACE, I've no idea sorry. Not had that bug before.

ACE file?!?

Humm think this is a problem with your mods not the Campaign since it is not an ACE campaign and I have not tried it with ACE at all.

Probably better he played without the ACE.

@Baker1976

Probably you played mission with ACE. Now you try to run this mission without ACE and you have this error message.

Restart this mission with vanilla game or with all mods you play (JSRS, blastcore etc but better without Ace) and all should be ok.

Great campaign, however I have a few remarks that I hope you consider:

The Medevac feature is great, however putting it in the action menu was not a good idea. It pops up all the time, e.g. if you walk by a openable door or whereever a use item is, and you have to press backspace twice basically all the time to get rid of the soon annoying yellow letters saying "Call in Medevac" right in the middle of your screen. I also happened to call it accidently a few times, which is even more annoying (by requiring instantly a reload of a savegame), as you can imagine. Put the medevac, the artillery and the air support option into the radio menu (0-0-x) and everything is fine.

I also had some issues with the artillery, it would never fire at all. Menu worked fine, the radio messages worked as well and said "shots out", but no steel rain appeared ever. I had to place timed satchels on the practice targets in the training mission (before going into the wire ring "prison") and later on in the campaign I just killed the targets the traditional way, that was certainly more challenging but I probably missed out a good deal of the atmosphere (in the "wipe out 4 camps around Ravanay" mission, I could at least use the Podnos mortar from the third camp on the forth camp, that was fun). I admit that I was playing with a couple of addons, not ACE though (mostly just "plain" content addons, also e.g. tpw_cas, some tgw fixes etc., but nothing that I found to interfere with a large amount of various missions/campaigns so far). Do you have any idea what type of addons might interfere with it?

The air strikes are quite ineffective. Tossing a 500lb bomb into a group of two dozen people 20 meters aparts just killed not even a handful. I admit that particular bomb is meant for tanks, but that it is SO useless was surprising. Well, I ended up not using it as well (saving taxpayers' money lol).

At last, the ammo crates could need some fine tuning. Put an additional US basic ammo there and the player would get a 240B with ACOG (might be more suitable than two identical 240Bs with just a different name) as well as a scoped 249. Also the LRTV_ACR would be a nice option, because the Laserbattery also tends to get in the way of a nice loadout and the LRTV doesn't need one, also it has a better field of view if you want to check for enemies with IR.

Finally, teamswitch would be great so you can better change roles. It is a tedious procedure to let one of the AI guys throw his stuff on the ground, grab it yourself and then let him grab your old weapon, just because you want to switch from sniping to house clearing. There are numerous occasions where it helps a great deal if you can just switch to an AI and help him do his job properly for a short time, be it picking the right body for gear if there are several close together, or be it the usual annoying driving issues (the convoy was a pain, but that's not your fault of course).

I also had some issues with the artillery, it would never fire at all. Menu worked fine, the radio messages worked as well and said "shots out", but no steel rain appeared ever.

The usual mistake when using this fire mission script is not "confirming" the fire mission before "executing" it. This is the correct process:

1. Select number of barrels, set your position as written inside the menu (x,y), the exact angle and range using a compass and a range finder, set the number of rounds, the spread and ammo type.

2. Hit "Confirm" (the left hand side of the menu should populate with the barrels data.

3. Hit "Execute".

Now you should see a radio correspondence with "you" and the battery. If you saw all that and still didn't get the rounds to impact the target it means you set your position, range, or angle to target, wrong.

I admit that I was playing with a couple of addons, not ACE though (mostly just "plain" content addons, also e.g. tpw_cas, some tgw fixes etc., but nothing that I found to interfere with a large amount of various missions/campaigns so far). Do you have any idea what type of addons might interfere with it?

I used TPWCS, JSRS and Blastcore and had no problems throughout the campaign.

The air strikes are quite ineffective. Tossing a 500lb bomb into a group of two dozen people 20 meters aparts just killed not even a handful. I admit that particular bomb is meant for tanks, but that it is SO useless was surprising. Well, I ended up not using it as well (saving taxpayers' money lol).

The correct air bomb to use against infantry is the "Airburst" type. It has a designated anti-personnel warhead. I managed to kill more than 10 enemies spread on a wide area with it . It's quite effective. If you managed to hit the target but didn't manage to kill lots of them you probably used the other type, which is used against hardened targets.

At last, the ammo crates could need some fine tuning. Put an additional US basic ammo there and the player would get a 240B with ACOG (might be more suitable than two identical 240Bs with just a different name) as well as a scoped 249. Also the LRTV_ACR would be a nice option, because the Laserbattery also tends to get in the way of a nice loadout and the LRTV doesn't need one, also it has a better field of view if you want to check for enemies with IR.

I respectfully disagree. The notion that the mission maker should provide all of the weapons of the played faction, or the best weapon they have to offer, is in my opinion, wrong. The mission maker is better to provide the weapons that will provide the correct balance in the mission to yield the most fun from it. In any case, placing a crate full of many weapons is an immersion killer and bad design. I've found the available weapons in this particular campaign very well chosen.

Finally, teamswitch would be great so you can better change roles. It is a tedious procedure to let one of the AI guys throw his stuff on the ground, grab it yourself and then let him grab your old weapon, just because you want to switch from sniping to house clearing. There are numerous occasions where it helps a great deal if you can just switch to an AI and help him do his job properly for a short time, be it picking the right body for gear if there are several close together, or be it the usual annoying driving issues (the convoy was a pain, but that's not your fault of course).

I think this is a good idea, at least in some of the missions, particularly the convoy one. That, and the addition of more save points for those of us who play on Veteran, will eliminate most of the usual Arma nuisances that appear in this wonderful campaign.

Edited by Variable

My idea was that AI with a machinegun will actually use it on longer distances if it has a scope. But as I can see you are not against my idea of enabling teamswitch, so that would ease the issue, because I can just place the machinegunner beside me while I'm sniping, and if suddenly anything comes by that needs more lead, I can just switch over and riddle that car or what ever.

And you are right, I indeed made a mistake with the artillery, because I thought somehow the own position would not need to be entered (because it is already given there). Silly me. Well, if that is just all, I'll try and replay some missions I think. Thanks for your reply.

Have fun! It's worth a second try. A successful fire mission is very gratifying :)

Fantastic campaign. Everything that should have been included in the official campaigns, and much more. The use of artillery is excellent. Hope you are going to develop for Arma3 also. Thanks

Hey sorry been away for a bit, anyway thanks for the post. Most of your points are ones I have thought of myself but were not always possible with the amount of time I had. Hope this help explain why thing were like they are, many have since been fixed but would take a long time to add to each of the campaign missions that I can't do at the moment.

The Medevac feature is great, however putting it in the action menu was not a good idea.

The Module was not made by me and I agree it is annoying to have supports in the action menu. Unfortunately the way the Air Support script was made it only worked as an action and I did not want to have ½ the supports as actions ans ½ as radio commands. Although I have since rewritten both the Air support and Medical scripts myself to work with radio, I may update the campaign at a later date to use these supports but its a lot of work and I have yet to find the time.

Tossing a 500lb bomb into a group of two dozen people 20 meters aparts just killed not even a handful.

That’s the Arma 2 bomb I'm afraid, you can't create your own explosives to my knowledge so I used the LGB ammunition. For balance reasons Arma 2 makes everything about 1/4 to a 1/3 as effective as real life. I would really love to work out how to create a bigger explosion with simple scripting but other than a pattern on LGB I can't see a simple way. (want to make a 1000lb bomb). Variable is right though, that’s why I added the Ariburts ammunition, its awesome vs infantry.

Finally, teamswitch would be great so you can better change roles.

Again team switch is something that I would like to add and in-fact was in the first version but it cause a number of problems. The triggers in many of the missions need the player unit “Sargent Mills†to be a a set location, the number of times a player left him behind, spent all the time as one of the other's or got him killed and tried to continue meant it was simpler to just remove it. Teamswich really need to be built in from the ground up and I added it later meaning a lot of the mission trigger would need to be redone, again something I don't have the time at the moment to do. It also wont work with some of the support scripts but moving them to radio commands solves this. It's possible but not as simple as just turning it on :)

At last, the ammo crates could need some fine tuning.

The optional loadouts you get for the missions are as near as the Pathfinders use today as I could get in Arma 2 without addons. The Pathfinders are are one of the only main Army units (ie not directly under special forces command) that gets to pick there own weapons and kit, but its still limited. The options you have are all weapons the Pathfinders have used or have to option of using in real life. The only exceptions to this are the weapons replacing ones that Arma 2 dose not have. These are the M4SPR instead of the L129A1 sharpshooter rifle, M4 instead of the L119A1 Carbine and the Glock 17 instead of the P226 SIG Sauer (good new is the British Army changed to the Glock 17 after the making of this campaign so its now more accurate lol). For this reason I'm reluctant to go to other weapons, as I always try to lean towards accuracy if possible, although any that work better to represent the real life equipment are always welcome.

http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/23221.aspx

Glade you enjoyed it and I hope the artillery is working for you now. :)

O I'm thinking of doing another, shorter, campaign like this one but following the USMC so ideas for that are welcome :).