rcmw

[CAMP] 100 Days

Well... i downloaded again from the Google drive, the same thing no end... just black screen with all objectives finished...

Well... i downloaded again from the Google drive, the same thing no end... just black screen with all objectives finished...

Humm just ran though it in the editor and it finished fine. Can I ask you to check the version? Just hit replay on Mission 1“selection†and it will be under info. I'll will run it in campaign format to check that out.

Edited by RCMW

Yeah, hit restart not resume.

I had the same Bug, it was just because of that.

Yes wiki is right. If you hit resume you will still be using 0.3 even if you have 0.31. Thanks for pointing that out.

this sounds awesome bud will be trying them later tonight :)

Looks good man, I'm going to try it out :D

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Really nice, I loved it and it has replay value.

Yeah... With restart working! ;) Continue playing this beautiful campaign! Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Just finished! It was so good, i realy enjoying playing this... Thanks again man!

So far I'm at Day 42, I dunno what mission that is as the radio command is extremely unreliable to be honest. I checked it at the previous mission (the Checkpoint one) and it said Level 7. Now, at the Shura, it says Level 5.

Anyhow it's been extremely fun so far. Mixed challenges, the Checkpoint one was pretty fun. Unusual but fun, took me about 10 tries to defend properly and even then my Sniper went down. Right now I'm trying to get the Officer to the Shura, AND IT'S GOING HORRIBLE.

I drove straight over an IED, but everybody managed to survive. After engaging the 2-3 contacts popping up I called for Medevac (for reinsertion). Turns out, as soon as Medevac lands their chopper gets disabled and they all join me. Time for "rescue", like they need any rescuing, since they went down right besides me :P

I'm looking forward to trying again, since right now I'm on my way to base with the Blackhawk. Guess I'll take a Jackal this time around.

//Edit

Well that didn't end well. It ejected me once it came to a halt but it didn't land, resulting in mission failure :/

Unfortunately that is a problem with goliath86 original Medevac script combined with Arma 2s hit and miss AI, and there is not much I can do to fix that but ill have a look.

For anyone else who wants to have a look at the Medevac script by its self its here.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9798

Lol the campaign level dose not show what “Level†you are on that is set by what day it is, but is a check to show how well you are doing. :) Its part of the multiple endings, compleating objectives will give you more and failing them or leaving a man down in the field will reduce it. I left it in so you can check on your progress as even after I had finished testing as I found it useful.

Don't pay too much attention to it however as it will fluctuate thought a mission best time to check on it is at the start of a mission or just ignore it and play.

Edited by RCMW

Ah, thanks for clearing the campaign level thingy up.

I'm trying to clear out the camps in the Nightfall mission right now, but I'm wondering if there's a reliable way to clear them all out without alerting anybody? I'm feeling kinda lazy and don't want to move away from the safe mountain, but it kinda took me like 10 artillery barrages to clear out 1 camp (and yet 4 people survived, leaves me wondering how good my aim is).

When you get detected it dose not fail or hider the mission that much, just adds a few more hostiles to kill.

To clear out the camps without being found approach them with stealth and set up your team overlooking them, then cut down the camps with silenced weapons from the darkness.

This is a harder option in many ways to stay hidden and it dose not matter if you go in all guns blazing, I just like the stealth approach at times so wanted to put it in as an option.

If it takes that many shells you may want to improve your aim ;), or if in doubt do the army thing and call in an air-strike.

Well I don't quite get the artillery system. When am I supposed to use the height thing to my right? If I see enemies on a hill? Or is it just the height difference between me and the enemy? Because it'd be pretty hard to find out how high that mountain is.

Airstrikes are pretty limited and even then it doesn't seem effective. I dropped a 500 lb paveway right in the middle of their camp, but the mortar guy just outside the tents survived..

The artillery can get a bit of taking used to but I find it a lot more satisfying and realistic when you pull off a good strike. Here is a video made by the author of the script, I hope it helps clear some things up. Best thing to do is to practice calling in arty in the “selection†mission if your aim is off.

As for the air-strike that's just how the Arma 2 engine dose it but even in real life small things can sometime shield people from a large blast. In some missions you get air-burst munitions and they are a lot more effective against infantry in the open, but limited against vehicles and infantry inside buildings.

Thanks for the link. Forgot about the laser thingy, helped a bunch. How does the recon objective work? It doesn't really trigger for me if I look at the town, is there anything specific I should do?

@folgore_airborne

Yer in the original they were but in my mission Operation Black Viking I had a lot of people complaining about the IEDs killing them being frustrating. I added the group shout saying IED and moved them to be a little more visible. Its all a balance between realism and game-play that I'm trying to hit. May have a play about with it thanks :).

@tryteyker

You need to ID a taki officer in the town, use your range finder and look near the mosque door. When you spot him leave him in cross-hairs for a few seconds (right clicking when he is your target is the default to ID targets but it may be different if you changed you key bindings).

Strange, last time I played through it just triggered for me randomly, guess I got lucky and left my crosshair on him. Thanks for the info though.

//Edit

The reinsertion of the MEDEVAC is definitely bugged. As soon as I call for reinsertion the Merlin takes damage, disabling the chopper and enabling an additional rescue task. This is the second time it's happened and both times I was never under fire.

In addition the rescue chopper does not check if everybody is inside and never takes off. I also noticed that the player gets ejected mid-air during the same flight, resulting in the death of the player.

Edited by tryteyker

Again, that's all bugs in the original script not written by me. Ill have a look at removing the option but I'm not sure where it is. I've never used reinsert during the testing phase because it was not a feature in the mod I knew much about, in-fact its use will probably make some missions too easy or ruin the plot.

Ill post the error on the correct forum since its not my work and have a look myself.

@RCMW

Have you sorted out the Bug about the Apaches not showing up?

Thanks

I've removed them from nightfall for now so... kinda :)

They make nightfall a little too easy anyway so I may leave them out for now, they are working for me on the other two missions so not don’t think there is a problem there but I'm giving the air-support script an overhaul and testing it for the next version.

The big problem I have is AI jets randomly crashing even when set to fly high, sometime the AI just dose that. The script used to spot this and give you the support again but I had another problem during testing that the supports never ended, so I changed a line to make it remember when the mission was over and finish the script, but now if the aircraft cashes it never finishes the mission so the script stops. I'm simply changing it to the same as it is with “or (!(alive plane1))†and that should finish the script if the jet crashed but I'm testing it to see if this causes any other problems.

Still the jets are working 95% of the time for me (only had one crash) so should not be a big problem until I sort out the fix.

@RCMW

Few days ago i write that i have problem with Call artillery action, Crash To Desktop after i use this action.

Today i check your campaign on 2nd PC and all is ok. So it's something on my side with my older PC. Just want you to know. :)

@folgore_airborne

Yer in the original they were but in my mission Operation Black Viking I had a lot of people complaining about the IEDs killing them being frustrating. I added the group shout saying IED and moved them to be a little more visible. Its all a balance between realism and game-play that I'm trying to hit. May have a play about with it thanks :).

I think the group shout is more than sufficient as a help...we'd all wish insurgents placed IEDs where they are easy to spot, oh we really wish! Going in patrol in an enemy country requires attention, especially for the driver and the gunner...my brutal opinion is, if these complaining guys travel through Takistan with increased game speed like if they were playing GTA, maybe it's better for them to move to another game.

I partially agree with folgore, but also with RCMV. The current problem is that the medevac script is completely broken. It's impossible to reinsert and only partially possible to send the medevac helo home. If that were to be fixed I'd love to see roadside IEDs but right now it's not possible to do anything after you've been hit by an IED, as you can't reinsert and you'll pretty much be stuck wherever you are.

I've depboed the campaign and took a look at the scripts revolving around the MEDEVAC helo but it's just a mess with variables which lead to 600000 different scripts, and that in turn makes it nearly impossible to spot any error. -showscripterrors might help but the missions themselves include many generic errors (which aren't showstoppers but still) that it just gets annoying.

Edited by tryteyker

Yes that's the same problem I have had with changing it, its all over the place and therefore very hard to find anything within it. I'm going to sit down with it when I have time and work it all out but no time at the mo.

I would not say its “completely broken†since your the only one having large problems with it, and it is infact not meant to be used for the purpose you are using it. It is there to call in a chopper to give you an extra medic and evac you dead men, for this use it works fine (at least I have never had a bug yet but with Arma 2 AI you never know). For now the simple solution is don't use reinsert, transport is not the purpose of the medivac script. I will be removing that feature from the game as soon as I can work out where it is, it was not used in testing and it makes many missions too easy.

I may well work in a secondary feature in the medevac to allow you to use it to RTB quickly but again although you can kinda do this at the mo (you can load your men into it, the tell it to RTB and jump inside before it takes off) the medevac is not a transport and you should not expect it to easily transport you team as it was not written to do so.

If the medivac is not working outside of the reinsert command please give details.

On a second note if you are having problems with transport then I will consider adding a helo taxi to later missions but it brakes the real world ideals of many of the missions.

Edited by RCMW

I'm not only talking about reinsertion as I also had problems with the RTB when trying to evacuate one of my guys. The helicopter simply recieved a fixed amount of damage and was unable to take off, but it was on plain terrain (no obstacles within 50-100 m) and hostile contacts have been cleared out (for reference I came under small arms fire from 2-3 insurgents). It's not exactly a show stopper since I try to be careful about these things anyway and I only had to use Medevac once where it actually worked, but later on it didn't. I don't know if it's mission dependent but for reference it did work at the Checkpoint Mission (Garmarud one), but didn't work in the Supply Depot One-Seven mission (which I'm still stuck on).

By the way, got any tips for the Narran Darre pass? You put quite some insurgents down there, last time I spotted atleast 15 guys and 2 SPGs, pretty harsh. Without ASR AI I never get far there, but even with it's pretty hard and calling in an airstrike is pretty much impossible because I constantly get under fire.

What I do find annoying is the lack of save points. Due to the nature of the mission (convoy-ish) it takes alot of time to prepare everything and it usually takes me 30-40 minutes to reach the Narran Darre pass itself and dying then is quite a pain, because then everything's pretty much lost (it takes lots of time to wait for AI, even with ASR AI).