rcmw

[CAMP] 100 Days

@folgore:

doesn't it bother you that the iron sight for the GL is like OFP - means black 2D?

instead of what it does look like with other weapons (eg: M4 GL is NOT like that)?

EDIT:

anyway, this one is one of the best usermade campaign ever made for this game.

these are (to my mind) the must have:

Zipper5: Op. Cobalt and Blood on the Sand

Sick1 : Delta Force and Devgru

RCMW : 100 days

BTW, do you plan to make another campaign for this game?

I really love it, it's exactly the kind of campaign I expected when I bought ArmA 2 and Arrowhead (and the DLC) and I was disappointed everytime about BIS campaign content for ArmA 2.

Edited by Wiki

@folgore:

doesn't it bother you that the iron sight for the GL is like OFP - means black 2D?

instead of what it does look like with other weapons (eg: M4 GL is NOT like that)?

what weapon are you talking about?

Hi there,

I love your campaign but i am having a serious problem on the first mission. On the range qualification it does not register hits on any of the ranges. I am clearly hitting the target but they are not even falling over when hit. I have turned off all my addons and restarted the level a number of times with no luck. Could you please help.

Pabz85

p.s keep up the fantastic work

I'm playing your campaign... I can tell that is soo cool! Wonderfull! i like the missions that you have to ride from place to place, to meat Takistan better... ;) Artilery modul is so realistic! I'll write you again when i finish this.. Thank you for this one!

@h34dup

Yes if they light the fires an additional squad moves to each camp and one goes looking for you. Also a mortar near camp 3 starts shooting of flares that reduce the advantage your NVGs give you, not much if the alarm goes off near the end as it takes some time for them to get to the area but it makes the mission a bit harder if the see you early on. I didn’t want to make it too harsh if they spot you but there is something fun about setting up on a camp and cutting them down with silenced weapons from the darkness. Thanks for the after action :)

@pabz85

Humm only thing I can think of is that you may have selected practice not test? Anyway ill run it a few times and have a look for bugs, thanks for the info.

Edited by RCMW

Been progressing with the campaign, the Joint Operation and Capture mission are awesome conceived but I have found troubles with them

Joint Operation: everything's perfect until near the end, when you get the auto savegame before setting on the hill above Feruz Abad. When the US radio chatter calling for artillery starts, you can't interrupt it because then there won't be any US assault. To explain this better, if you save during the chatter and then load it back, there won't be any assault. I had to load a much previous save to get the whole thing working again.

Capture: if you select a task, the HUD marker doesn't indicate the correct location but somewhere on the edge of the map. And sometimes, the third task (HVI 3) is randomly and automatically set as failed even if you didn't even approach Bastam. One more thing, when I got back to the FOB the task RTB was marked as successful but the mission didn't end. Had to use the endmission cheat and lose the positive effect of the mission on the campaign.

Dam I've done all the changes to the capture mission before, must have put the backup into 0.2 not the fixed one. Anyway, I've sorted it again. Working on doing something with Join Operations, ill put the attack on a trigger that's not inside the script and move the auto save, thanks! I miss stuff like that when I tested them.

Ok, now set to save just before that attack after the script has ended so should fix that.

@folgore_airborne

Humm on mission 12, capture, did it fail after you lost a few men? I've found I had missed the “Combat infective†Radio commands but not the trigger to cancel the mission if you take too many losses. Fixed now but just checking it wasn’t something else.

And thank you to everyone who's putting up with the bugs and helping me fix them, problem with having dynamic objective like the medevac and open ended missions is I do them a set way but its not the only way they can be done and therefore miss some of the bugs in testing. You reports help a lot, 50 people playing it though once is better than me playing it 50 times. With luck they will all be gone soon.

Edited by RCMW

Just started playing your campaign and i can say only great work.

I didn't read all posts so maybe someone write about this earlier. After cutscenes we have debriefing window, i think it will be better if after cutscene next mission is loaded without that debriefing.

I have strange bug, always wenn i want to use artillery (action menu) my game crash to desktop. Prabobly out of memory?

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Maybe it's becose now im playing on my 2nd older PC from 2008. In next weekend i will check if i have this problem on my newer PC. So do not concern with this problem ;)

I dont have problems with call artillery or medevac, so this is little strange for me. I tested with Arma 2 CO v1.62.

One more time thank you for this great campaign.

just one annoying bug:

when I call for an Apache, I have the radio message, but it never shows up...

just one annoying bug:

when I call for an Apache, I have the radio message, but it never shows up...

On what mission is this? If you look at the map do they show up on it and just not move or not even show on the map? (should be bulldog 1.1 and 1.2) Thanks for the info. :)

was the mission night-something, where we have to join a sniper team and clean 4 camps.

I didn't see them on the map, I just use the air support--->apache--->close support

then I have the radio message "ETA 1 minute" etc...

and even 5 minutes after that, no Apache in sight...

moreover, in mission "logistics", there is a problem with the name, you may have forgotten the "setidentity" in the init line of your unit, cause I'm no longer called Paul Mills, but it's my profile name

Ok I managed to finish the campaign. I really liked how the story turned out, but I have again a problem with the triggers..

Mission A Good Day: I spot the insurgent leader, killed him and went back to the team at the Jackal, but the mission doesn't end. I tried killing him both myself and with the UAV, no luck. Then I went to the compound and killed all his entourage, no luck again. Then I did all this, picked up the Jackal and travelled all the map to the FOB York, still no luck.

Ok fixing bugs as they are pointed out, the last few missions were a little rushed so sorry about the large number of errors but a big free version will be out in a few days now.

@Folgore_airborne

If you want to try the bad ending revert to mission uprising, Day 81, and use endmission command. Skipping on that one will always give you the “bad†ending and I like the bad ending mission a little more :) .

urr cant believe I did that... You know how there is no task saying RTB? That's because I completely forgot to add a mission ending (I even tested this but just stopped thinking when I got to when the mission should end). Added one now.

Edited by RCMW

Ok some bugs were found so here is version 0.3. Still a bit more to do before I'm finished with the campaign but though it was best to release as I go.

*Numerous small bug fixes

*Fixed endings of mission 16 and 13.

*Added subtitles to most speech.

*Removed LGB support option

*Added more life to FOB York

Download

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2unIf52LrBVMzlPSmdGendxWU0/edit

Great news! Now I managed to correctly play through both the good and the bad ending. Ha! The bad one is really cool..:P

Sorry for being such a pain in the arse, but I found this error at the end of the campaign, right after the "Campaign by RCWM, Thanks for playing". There's a message saying: No entry 'Campaigns\100days-0-1\description.ext\campaign\beginning.end1'.

Really like how you set up the last mission and the credits too!

Yer i know about that and i cant get rid of it. Its because there is no next mission but its the last one... If anyone knows how to get rid of it or what i did wrong please say :)

Are you gonna work on another camp after this one?

It is very High quality, I'm eager to see more from you!

Maybe a camp with other mods such as I44 or Unsung?

Yes, I'm already playing about with a few ideas.

A Chenarusan Campaign following the Harvest Red invasion as other service members.

A sequel to 100 Days, in Takistan or Chenarusan with the same supports and mission concepts.

A Operation Overlord Campaign with the I44 mod, its a very good mod but has very few missions made for it.

Ill also have a look at the Unsung mod, not done much with that.

Arma 3, I'm still getting my head around the new weapons and interface but I will defiantly be making stuff for Arma 3. Just wish it had a closer to home setting, future war is all well and good but I want to make missions that are as realistic as I can and 2035 is just a little too far off.

I wont make all of them, just ideas at the mo. I'm also doing some custom scripts for random single player/co-op missions. Got two in the works that should be good. A random patrol mission that will work with Co-Op and a PMC mission that lets you run your own company ie hire men, purchase weapons and complete missions for cash.

Only question is if I will have anything finished before its all Arma 3.

Edited by RCMW

In the mission where you have to capture HVT. The one in the mosque wont put down his G17. So what are you supposed to do?

In the mission where you have to capture HVT. The one in the mosque wont put down his G17. So what are you supposed to do?

Not everyone will come quietly and you have no choice but to shoot him.

It was supposed to be a surprise so I didn’t want to say "by the way HVT 3 will attack you" in the briefing :). I can add a hit like “He has a gun! Shoot him!†though after he pulls the weapon if its not clear.

Not everyone will come quietly and you have no choice but to shoot him.

It was supposed to be a surprise so I didn’t want to say "by the way HVT 3 will attack you" in the briefing :). I can add a hit like “He has a gun! Shoot him!†though after he pulls the weapon if its not clear.

I thought he might put the gun down at first as he didnt shoot towards me. I thought it was a bug. Cheers for the awnswer. I'll carry on.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

HVT1 is not in the desert where his location indicates. Where is he?