Sign in to follow this  
jaysmizzle

Why are so few mp servers using the new 0.11.103003 build?

Our server was crashing within minutes of starting a mission. Furthermore, multiple missions weren't loading, presumably owing to the classname changes. Thus, we reverted to the non-development release.

Due to the experimental nature of that branch, it's understandable server admins cannot provide a reliable experience using it. It's changing far too frequently, with the risk of issues. I'd expect it to mainly be used for fix confirmations and dedicated testing :)

Well I am just setting up my dedi server now to help test, so mine will be up (now that Virgin Media have sorted my upload speed issue !)

My steam updated the ARMA III Alpha yesterday played a full 50min long co-op game with no issues and then lots of servers to choose from and play. Now today i see about 95% of all the multiplayer servers have a red cross and only about 5 have a green circle. So is the issue the OP mentioned the problem I have? Do I need to 'roll back' to the previous version. If so, how do I do it on steam please. Thank you.

My steam updated the ARMA III Alpha yesterday played a full 50min long co-op game with no issues and then lots of servers to choose from and play. Now today i see about 95% of all the multiplayer servers have a red cross and only about 5 have a green circle. So is the issue the OP mentioned the problem I have? Do I need to 'roll back' to the previous version. If so, how do I do it on steam please. Thank you.

yes the last patch are great! update server pls!!!

We reverted back to the Vanilla build as our dedicated server was too unstable; for instance throwing a grenade would cause it to crash. Simply not worth using the dev build for MP... which is exactly what Arma 3 is??????? When it gets stable and proper server binaries are released then we'll do it.

If you're on the development build then you can revert to "stable" using the same path that was used to get to the development build -- right-click Arma 3 Alpha in your Steam Library, click Properties, click the Betas tab, click the drop-down menu and select "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs", then click Close.

Development branch is next to useless for public play/MP unfortunately. Too unstable, class name changes, very few players.