Sign in to follow this  
joebopie

Battleeye needed now, nothing else matters

what is more inportant to the online player.  

17 members have voted

1. 1. what is more inportant to the online player.

• Anti cheat/Hacking
    • more content or bug fixes

I was playing on public servers yesterday, within 2 hours of gaming and 4 servers they were all hacked and crashed as a result. ruining not only peoples games and enjoyment but the testing being done on that sever. this is not a rare occurrence and IMO the testing cannot be done properly with this sort of thing going on also this is going to dent the multiplayer community and the games reputation very badly. (like dayz) dam you the walking dead getting every little lazy kiddie wanting zombie games!! grrrrr!!! anyway, PLEASE Bohemia ether implement what every you have or get BI into gear. I say this as a true fan of the games, I own every game and love every one and it would not be the same without the mod support but I can no longer enjoy this game or test to the full, with all these hackers. I wouldn't mind not having any bug fixes for a month or two if we could just get rid of these hackers. :( sob

also I've heard that Pirated versions of the game can be played online there for hackers are having a very easy time of things, I don't know why this is and hope whatever aspect of the game or servers is allowing this but once that's sorted it might be a little better anyway, especially once battle eye is implemented and we can Globally ban people again. wink wink ;p

I don't want to see post saying

"play on private server then"

I do, im in a clan and we will do host servers with 40+ people but its not 24/7 but its a totally different experience

"Battleeye is useless"

Because you know nothing and need to do some research if you think that, they have done wonders for stopping many hacks and giving people better ability to kick and ban hackers, but sadly there are a lot of hackers and there a skilful sly bunch of ******* coming up with new stuff all the time.

"its just the alpha"

I know and how are people supposed to test, lets say server stability, if every half hour its hacked to death

if you only play offline or with friends and don't play on public servers please don't vote because I didn't ask you. :p

Edited by joebopie

We cant keep our 64 man server unlocked without the place being bombed... how can we get players with locked servers....

Posted by Dwarden about BattlEye.

Arma 3 Alpha has for now no security, as the development progress, it will be implemented and deployed

yes I know it has no security im saying its top priority. we need it ASAP (Hence the title of the post)

and yes exactly its near impossible to keep a larger server like that populated with just clan members so we need to open them up to the public, without like you say being bombed by some hacker.

Edited by joebopie
spelt wrong

Testing 64 man tvt missions is worthless right now. Too bad considering it runs fine when its full...

it seems so far people would like a shiny new gun rather than be able to use the ones we have for more than half hour online.

At what point will we be seeing anticheat protection? Alpha or Beta? Also, will Arma 3 be trying to use VAC at all? I imagine that'd be a decent deterrent to hacking.

it seems so far people would like a shiny new gun rather than be able to use the ones we have for more than half hour online.

I don't know bro. Here's a bro-tip: password the server and MAGIC - no script kiddies. Can even force people to join TS3 and communicate that way.

And I want bugfixes first, not guns.

At what point will we be seeing anticheat protection? Alpha or Beta? Also, will Arma 3 be trying to use VAC at all? I imagine that'd be a decent deterrent to hacking.

There's already a topic about that, they're keeping BattlEye. Most people would be fine with that, too, but it's not here. They said it will be added at a later date.

That's all the information they have.

I don't know bro. Here's a bro-tip: password the server and MAGIC - no script kiddies. Can even force people to join TS3 and communicate that way.

And yes I want bugfixes first, not guns.

please read my post and understand before you reply(not just you) Im taking about public servers. using a password is not public.

I mean doing stuff like deethree is talking about.

And I want bugfixes first, not guns.

Doesn't work. I already went on a server that tried that it was still getting hacked. People will just go on TS get the password and hand it out to their buddies who can hack to their hearts content .There is no way for the admins to know who is hacking or do anything about it short of banning possibly innocent people.

Ban those people who you didn't give the password to.

Ban those people who don't communicate since a dude who came there to cheat never has an interest in teamwork.

It's not that hard.

yes its not that hard but, do you have enough people willing to do that 24/7 ?

Sorry to the thread starter, but this poll is by far the most unnecessery poll ever...have you forgotten that this is an Alpha? Alpha versions are not ment to be provide fun to onlinegaming...Alphas are ment to hunt down bugs and take the development process forward together with the development studio...thats why we got access to the Alpha at all and were able to buy the full Game for a way lower price...

Sorry to say this, but if you want to expand your online gaming experiences, so go back to CoD where you obviously came from...

Alphas are meant to hunt down bugs. You are correct.

Information about bugs are gathered by playing the game, though.

If you can't play the game without the server being bombed I'd argue it very severely interferes with the alpha.

If you can't play the game without the server being bombed I'd argue it very severely interferes with the alpha.

Absoluteley irrelevant, at least at this time of development. The Alpha needs to reach a certain level of development. The Server stability information and common MP stuff will be gathered as soon it is the time to do so...which will be the beta or somethings inbewteen beta nd Full release. So if you want to play MP, close or lock your servers or set a password protection

yes its not that hard but, do you have enough people willing to do that 24/7 ?

Are you playing 24/7?

Let's not start grasping at straws here alright?

Alphas are meant to hunt down bugs. You are correct.

Information about bugs are gathered by playing the game, though.

So what kind of bugs are you hunting for on your server?

How many have you found? How many feedback tickets have you made?

how are you supposed to find bugs if you cant keep a server up, and who are you to say that people we play with haven't reported bugs Hmmm?

yes im sure very soon my gaming group will be running a public server 24/7 as of this moment this is impossible because of the hacking

what's your problem don't you want anti cheat asap?

Consider yourself lucky that this Alpha build even has a Multiplayer at all.

Anti-cheat would be a waste of time at this point.

Something like this can worked on 2 weeks before actual release (and afterwards).

how are you supposed to find bugs if you cant keep a server up

I dunno man. I see at least a hundred of servers at this moment

and who are you to say that people we play with haven't reported bugs Hmmm?

What feedback have you personally posted on the tracker?

Before I went to MP I already managed to find quite a few bugs.

yes im sure very soon my gaming group will be running a public server 24/7 as of this moment this is impossible because of the hacking

As of this moment there's no rain in game too so rainy scenarios are impossible. I'll just wait. It's an alpha. It wasn't made so you can enjoy the game. It was made so you will do a QA's job while having a 50% discount. If passwording a server is such a huge problem for you - then come back to the game later. It isn't going anywhere. BIS is aware of hacking.

sooo anti cheat is a waste of time for all those people who have spent hours and hours to make something for people to enjoy and test then half hour in, its messed up by some pathetic kid with some easy script he found on the net.

as for hundreds of servers are up, well of corse there are hundreds of people hosting but that doesn't mean they are staying up for very long. there are loads of cars on the road but do you and everyone who has a car is drive around all day? NO.

so fine wait for you rain, but id like to stop the rain of grenades from hackers!

ive already seen a post with someone saying they want a refund because of the hackers. and im sure he's not the only one. this will generate bad press, and people that don't understand what a alpha is will also be put off from even buying the game before its even released

I know its a Alpha and what a alpha is for and I know we are lucky to have the game at this early stage but why would they give us multiplayer if its not meant to be used yet? Alpha is not for being TROLLED all the time. im sure a lot of people have been put off playing online because of all the hacking just look at all the post relating to it.

Im TRYING to say that anti cheat is necessary for the alpha if you don't think so just say, I want more stuff as the hackers don't bother be

now just leave people to answer the question

do people want to have anti cheat or more game assets?

---------- Post added at 06:58 ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 ----------

Sorry to say this, but if you want to expand your online gaming experiences, so go back to CoD where you obviously came from...

and .. how exactly is a narrow minded corridor shooter supposed to expand my gaming experiences?

so you didn't read my first post where I said " I say this as a true fan of the games, I own every game and love every one"

anyone reading this just go back a make sure you have actually read the first post.

please

Edited by joebopie

and .. how exactly is a narrow minded corridor shooter supposed to expand my gaming experiences?

so you didn't read my first post where I said " I say this as a true fan of the games, I own every game and love every one"

anyone reading this just go back a make sure you have actually read the first post.

please

No I wont, I´ve read your first post...that's why I said this sentence you quoted above. I said that you are obviously a CoD Gamer because I don't know you in person but you acted like such a Gamer in your thread and Poll...Obviously like someone who cant wait but rushes all the way.

If you are really such a great ArmA Fan and if you really hate CoD that much, then do yourself a favor and stop creating such silly polls and threads with such nonsense Titles..shall I repeat it for you again?

Battleeye needed now, nothing else matters

This is YOUR Title that YOU´ve wrote and noone else, so I ask you again? Do you really think that there's nothings more important than a proper Anti cheat tool?...right now?...While the Game is about to be developed and far away from being Beta at all?

Think about that before you reply

YES that is the title well done, what's wrong with it, and yes I think that anti cheat is very necessary cant you figure that out buy reading the TITLE.

do you need me to quote it????

im in a tactical realism clan, we sometimes spend hours setting up servers and hours in mission before even firing a shot

stop assuming you know people by reading one paragraph they have wrote.

Why cant you just say you don't think its necessary! fine. w/e obviously hacking and bad press are not issues for you so go away and comment on something else

Edited by joebopie

Hello there

To me, the game being in alpha is to provide an avenue for early adopters (always a risky venture) and to open the game to mod/mission makers etc.

It's not here to provide a full MP gaming experience.

I understand the pain of MP gaming at the moment but rather than expecting a full seamless online experience, IMHO the MP aspect should be for small scale testing and development for the mod/mission/map makers.

I think people are expecting to much to soon. As an "alpha" its very playable indeed.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

To me, the game being in alpha is to provide an avenue for early adopters (always a risky venture) and to open the game to mod/mission makers etc.

It's not here to provide a full MP gaming experience.

I understand the pain of MP gaming at the moment but rather than expecting a full seamless online experience, IMHO the MP aspect should be for small scale testing and development for the mod/mission/map makers.

I think people are expecting to much to soon. As an "alpha" its very playable indeed.

Rgds

LoK

thank you for a sensible well put and well mannered response. even if you don't agree with me its a refreshing change.