Sign in to follow this  
i_2_i

Before getting Arma 3 Alpha/Beta keep in mind you are NOT Preordering so NO Refunds!

Before getting Arma 3 Alpha/Beta keep in mind that you are not pre-ordering so steam will not give you a refund!

Yes number of people have posted that Steam is declining all refund requests saying this is not a Prerelease and that you are just paying for access!

So if you get it now you are getting access to the alpha now, to the beta and the release when they come out.

Having said that I purchased it, I have not asked for my money back. Yes their are serious problems, same or worse than Arma 2, hackers are beginning to take over the servers and there is no way that I know of to stop them other than leave the server and look for another one and the release runs horribly slow framerate even with the very best hardware and that most likely will not get fixed in Arma 3 as it was not fixed in Arma 2 , its just worse now, because it would require a big effort that there is not enough time for. Other than those two things this is the very best Arma release. So if you love arma inspite the flaws this puppy is for you. I got my copy and am getting my $33 worth one way or another ;)

Why would you want to get a refund for this game? I love it.

Maybe it's because I don't touch MP. Never have, even going back to OFP days.

Before getting Arma 3 Alpha/Beta keep in mind that you are not pre-ordering so steam will not give you a refund!

Yes number of people have posted that Steam is declining all refund requests saying this is not a Prerelease and that you are just paying for access!

So if you get it now you are getting access to the alpha now, to the beta and the release when they come out.

Having said that I purchased it, I have not asked for my money back. Yes their are serious problems, same or worse than Arma 2, hackers are beginning to take over the servers and there is no way that I know of to stop them other than leave the server and look for another one and the release runs horribly slow framerate even with the very best hardware and that most likely will not get fixed in Arma 3 as it was not fixed in Arma 2 , its just worse now, because it would require a big effort that there is not enough time for. Other than those two things this is the very best Arma release. So if you love arma inspite the flaws this puppy is for you. I got my copy and am getting my $33 worth one way or another ;)

You're kidding me right?

You seem to be confused as to what an alpha build is.

I love all the kids on Steam who think they are entitled to refunds on anything they don't like.

Yeah, actually you are. Prerelease is a perk of preordering but its still preordering.

Exactly. You don't get to cancel the preorder because, despite the fact that it is a preorder, you've already gotten something out of it.

You're kidding me right?

Yojimbo,

I kid you not.

Sanjuro

the release runs horribly slow framerate even with the very best hardware and that most likely will not get fixed in Arma 3 as it was not fixed in Arma 2.

Please define 'the very best hardware'.

My computer is far from what I would consider 'the very best', and yet I get 38-70fps in multiplayer (Wasteland / CQBMSO) in the alpha.... Perhaps spend some time ensuring that you have the correct settings selected for your rig. Check you GPU drivers, play around with some start up parameters. There are many things that you could do to improve your experience.

As fr people asking for refunds on something they haven't even got yet?! Seriously.

check your video setting, I have problem with some setting out of the box, like post thing kill frame rate for me, work your setting and manage nivdia 3d setting. As far as hacker think it just your play style. some player are very good at this game lot sniper in the map. They have study the map know the right hide and use good stealth. if your running around not using cover shooting every place, or going to truck check for gear, walking on hill top, open roads, you will get killed fast.

same or worse than Arma 2, hackers are beginning to take over the servers

the release runs horribly slow framerate even with the very best hardware a

Other than those two things this is the very best Arma release.

This. is. NOT. and i repeat this is NOT an ArmA release. This is the start of the alpha testing.

And there's no anti-hack.

You can buy the full game, and you get to participate in Alpha and Beta for an amazing price. A price that most "AAA"-games are charging the double for. And that is for games that gives you 8 hours of entertainment. There was also the option of waiting. You also should know what you're getting yourself into when you're participating in an alpha test. (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148821-What-is-an-alpha)

Edited by Winfernal

Steam's refund policy would be a discussion for the Steam forums, obviously if you wish to discuss purchases from Store.bistudio.com that's fine but there are forums for that :)