Sign in to follow this  
fujix

Will Opfor speak Farsi in the retail version?

Thread title says it all :)

I hope its just a placeholder in the alpha and that they wont speak English in the retail version.

I really enjoyed that Opfor spoke Russian in Arma2.

Takistani's spoke farsi (Or pasthu?) in Operation Arrowhead.

I think they will speak the appropriate language.

Takistani's spoke farsi (Or pasthu?) in Operation Arrowhead.

It was Dari, not exactly the same as Farsi but similar.

Sure hope so, not only does it add that extra bit of authenticity but also a language barrier in the form of "What is he saying?"

The Alpha only contains two actor sets (one of which is our beloved Creative Brit ;)). We do not record all voice sets (including OPFOR) until we are satisfied with the protocol. Final Voice Over recordings usually happen later in the project for that reason. All lines of conversation need to be as final as possible.

The Alpha only contains two actor sets (one of which is our beloved Creative Brit ;)). We do not record all voice sets (including OPFOR) until we are satisfied with the protocol. Final Voice Over recordings usually happen later in the project for that reason. All lines of conversation need to be as final as possible.

Great! And the models for opfor, will they change?

Arma2 didn't get all voice over until really late. most faction videos used English

Makes sense. Thanks for answering :)

I highly doubt they will change the models for the opfor infantry (if that's what you're referring to).

wooo! I'd missing "dooshmanam, maart" or "yaak, shleekoonam kontrol kooneed" "ai mrtbeen, seefr shesh panch" etc :D Me and a buddy always cracking up about this for some reason.

Why would they change? There is nothing wrong with them...

I noticed that, I do hope you drop crowe's voice, he's way too familiar for most of us to make the game immersible. :D

;2339807']I noticed that' date=' I do hope you drop crowe's voice, he's way too familiar for most of us to make the game immersible. :D[/quote']

No, please no!! I really love how he pronounces "man down!" :D

I really enjoyed that Opfor spoke Russian in Arma2.

And it was the best Russian voiceover I've ever heard in a (non-Russian/non-localized, obviously) game. On topic: surely Iranian forces should speak Farsi in a final release, and local militia should speak Greek. BTW I might be wrong in this, but there are unintelligible phrases in the

, that don't sound like Greek or English to me.

;2339807']I noticed that' date=' I do hope you drop crowe's voice, he's way too familiar for most of us to make the game immersible. :D[/quote']

Boo! The Crowe must stay! He's a much better voice actor than the other dude who sounds like he's doing lines for a Saturday morning carrtoon.

Ed: This is a little off-topic, but since we're on the subject of languages, I'd love to see road signs in the native Greek rather than Latin alphabet for the final release. I picked up Cyrllic thanks to Chernarus, so i don't think Greek would be too hard either.

Edited by Make Love Not War