Sign in to follow this  
CoSm1c_gAm3r

ZONEALARM and game crash. MP disconnections.

I had problem with starting this game. It always crash on startup. Some guy suggested that I disable "ZoneAlarm LTD Toolbar IswSvc" in windows task manager\Services. As I did that game started at last after few more tries to run. Since that I was able to play this game every time I started it but in multiplayer servers I was able to play for about 10 minutes then I always got icon showing me that I lose connection and I was limed out from servers. I enabled again that "ZoneAlarm LTD Toolbar IswSvc" but game now wont start and as before it is crashing on startup.

How long Zonealarm users will need to wait for some fix for that ?!?!?!

Easy fix: Stop using Zone Alarm. Checkpoint are jerks anyways.

I didnt ask anybody for opinion about zonealarm so posts like yours is useless. Its like if you would have problems with windows and someone would just say to you "remove windows and install linux because microsoft sucks"

first reaction <facepalm>

Some people are just ridiculous...

Maybe this helps CLICK ME ?

Additionally found this:

"It's ZA's Force Field feature binning the game before it even starts.

Enabling Game Mode or Manual Program Control won't help as it bins Arma 3 before they can help.

- Load up the task manager and go to "services" tab

- scroll down till you see "IswSvc", click on it and then click the services button on the bottom right

- Scroll down in the new window till you see "ZoneAlarm Toolbar IswSvc" and select it

- Right click and press properties

- In the "Startup type" drop down select "disabled"

- Reboot and verify arma3 game files in steam

- click play, click allow on the ZA pop up and enjoy arma3"

Not sure who posted this though...

greetings

Hammer

I've also lost connection several times after playing for a while in MP servers. I thoughts that's a server crash or other bug. Am I wrong?

Anyway, for reasons unknown to me, when I disabled nearly every service and auto-launched app in the "msconfig" panel, restarted the computer and then re-enabled the things I needed (Windows services and some other stuff), Zone Alarm no longer stopped the game from launching.

Zonealarm has game mode setting to ignore messages and let processes out, but you might need to go into your programs list setting and find all relevant aram3 exe's and steam I would imagine and use the tick boxes to make sure your setting it to allow (rather than it just re checking).

I used to use it with Arma2 online, I had the processes generally set to disallow, but used gaming mode, I found this cause micro stutter through MP constantly, until I fully allowed processes and ignored gaming mode.

Another thing, is to go to programs list and delete all related processes, and then set programme control in advance setting to "ask" that way you will get pop ups to ask and option to set to remember/allow ... only happens once when its not aware of the process (deleted from programs list) that way you can make sure you accepting things fully. Also make sure your zones are not limiting ports, and check which zones (public etc) your allowing the process to see what it may be limiting.

I always stopped toolbar and spam processes for ZA, just used core firewall only, so kill that if needed.

Bottom line is if you allow ZA to do things auto, its not always perfect, so set processes that want connection to "ask" and set it to medium/notify user, that way the pop ups let you know what is asking, and a tick option to remember your decision to allow and so on.

Edited by mrcash2009

I didnt ask anybody for opinion about zonealarm so posts like yours is useless. Its like if you would have problems with windows and someone would just say to you "remove windows and install linux because microsoft sucks"

Sorry, but there are better free alternatives. I don't see why that isn't a good solution.

Is there somewhere written that it is thread about antiviruses ?!?!?! I guess not !!

To your information so maybe you will back off at last. I used other ones and many of them caused very annoying problems like BSOD! or freezing games without ability to alt+tab. So yes I picked the best one that did no problems. This is the first time it did but it is not ZA fault it is bohemia fault and their alpha version. As alfa it needs to be fixed and no I am not the one who need to fix their problems and problems with other applications so stop being a stupid person with stupid ideas of removing programs from pc just because they making conflict with 1 game ! ! !

I reported that arma 3 is causing problems with other program and they are the ones who must fix it somehow not me! As I said your suggestion is USELESS in this case so stop forcing that stupid idea of not using ZA.

Edited by CoSm1c_gAm3r

This is an Alpha test. We hope they fix the ZA problems quickly, but frankly there are probably higher priority issues as this one is easy to work around and users here should be aware of the problems that arise when testing early builds. Disabling the offending program is pretty common practice if there is a conflict in an early build of a game like this. It doesn't have to be permanent.

That, and I find it hard to believe you've tried all the good free firewalls and still had problems. If you would like a list of suggestions I can dig one up. I haven't paid for a firewall in a decade and haven't had any problems gaming.

Welcome to alpha testing.

The most important thing to fix first is stability of game and ability for all to RUN it.

No I dont want suggestions. AV testing I have over myself some time ago. Picked the best rated and installed them. If they make lots of problems I tried to find solutions in internet if there was none or was very big pain in the a** I throw them away and tested next one. That way of elimination I ended on most stable AV that was not making very big mistakes and caused very bad issues. So as I said few times already in this case it is not fault of AV so I will not try to fix it from side that is not faulty one (hello LOGIC) I am trying to fix that part that making problem and in this case is arma 3 alpha so what I did I reported it to the right place for people who making arma to fix it. It would be silly if I would go to ZA forums and would complain that some alpha game have problem with ZA and they must fix it.

Have you thought that it may be your system? a lot of new users seem to be having issues with the arma 3 alpha, as quoted in the sitreps. it could be that your system is one of the unlucky ones. however, if it is zonealarm thats causing the problem then, well its already been described how to fix it.

And if you've come to this forum looking for answers.

Posts with attitudes like that will get you nowhere.

cheers,

Right Honorable Rectangle

lol your post is complete nonsense :) Dont understand you at all. Maybe read my FIRST post then you will understand. Read it with understanding next time.

You saying that there is fix for that problem.... yes and I wrote how to fix it in my first post ! I didnt ask for help to fix it I wrote how to fix it! I only wanted to report it ! I can play this game so what is you talking about?! What system problems? I dont have any ! I was writing about arma conflicting with ZA and posted it here so ppl from bohemia will fix their game to work with ZA. Do you have 5 sec memory problem or what ? Or didnt you read my first post but only last one... Or you have problems with understanding things... Why people like you replying in the first place?! U want to make posts rank to go up or what ?! If you got nothing interesting to say then just dont reply. First guy with stupid suggestion about removing ZA (...why not remove everything to just play this game and dont report any bugs just play this alpha and dont complain... I bought alpha to report problems/bugs/glitches and I am just doing it but some crazy users blame me for using stuff that conflict with this godlike alpha... U ppl should sit and think about yourself REALLY!) now this dude with idea "just fix it, there is no point in reporting problem to bohemia because you must fix your problems on your computer".... REALLY? SRLSLY REALLY? DOH! <facepalm>

Edited by CoSm1c_gAm3r

instead of complaining in here you should read the bugtracker and write your problem down there. spamming the forum wont help to improve this game in alpha phase. just write your problem, setting setup and pc configuration down there and contribute to the tracker your issue. everybody else is able to vote up or down the urgency and in some time it will be resolved.

the guys there are ordinary players as you and me and they ll give you advice too. and some guy gave you already an advice to turn zonealarm into game mode.

any further discussion in here is nonsense right now. i only registered to spread the support tracker link

you have a bug or problem? here you go ---> http://feedback.arma3.com/my_view_page.php

you guys should use the tools developers gave you to help improving this game :yay:

kr

Thread closed.

Please use bug tracker.

Thanks