Sign in to follow this  
sold67

Helicopter insertion(Heli pilot doesnt stick to waypoint on detection of enemy units)

I have a helicopter insertion working, but once I add some enemy units and the helicopter gets in view distance of those units it freaks out and no longer sticks to the waypoint and wont make any attempt to get back to it! I've tried a few things like setbehavior and disableai, but so far to no avail. I'd like the helicopter not to care if it is under fire etc, any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks so much, it worked! Got a few other problems though, once the helicopter lands at the waypoint/invisible helipad it takes off again before I get the chance to get out, and it also takes too long to land know of anyways I can speed the landing up, and get the helicopter to say stay on the ground for say 5 seconds?

Here is what I have on the landing waypoints on act:

helicopter land "get out"; James leaveVehicle helicopter;

This works if it is AI most of the time, but if james becomes a player it takes off the second it touches down allowing you no time to get out.

Here is what I have on the helicopters init

helicopter flyInHeight 20; this setCaptive true;

Edited by sold67

Tried that, but the AI still takes off before I can get out it. On the final waypoint the one after landing I tried putting this in the on act field:

sleep 15; deleteVehicle helicopter2;

Still no luck!

this works fine for me, pilot ignores enemies and proceeds to attempt landing regardless.

_waypoint setWaypointBehaviour "CARELESS";

I set a helo to land right into heavy fire, and he would keep turning around halfway in. The only thing that seemed to change it for me was.

_unit allowFleeing false

I've managed to fix that problem (thanks animal), but the main problem now as soon as the helicopter lands it take off again - moving to the next waypoint - and you get no time to hop out the chopper.

As dale said above, use a "TR UNLOAD" waypoint....

Thanks Marker/Dale! Working great part from one small hiccup if I am in a helicopter with AI it only kicks myself out the chopper and not the AI unless I order them to disembark, so nothing massive thanks for all the help.

If you want to delete a vehicle and it's AI crew, add this to the last waypoint of the vechile. (Vehilce is named MH9 in this example)

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew MH9)+[MH9];