Goshundai

Cannot select a role within the lobby

Hello, i have looked through as many threads as i could find pertaining to my problem but unfortunately they all recommend the same thing, which is to switch from the beta build to the opt out build. I have tried this and it does not work. Switching from the opt out build to the beta build only allows me to connect to about 15 servers, majority having red x's. When i go back to the opt out build, i can see all the servers and they all have green circles, but once i get into the lobby, i cannot select a role nor hit "ok". The only way i have been able to actually play is by disconnecting from the server and reconnecting, which shows my name twice, one name with a "(2)" next to it. Once in game i have no problems aside from the crashes after about an hour which everyone gets. All i'm asking is for someone to help me with this role selection problem.

PS: i have also tried running Steam as administrator and verifying my local files through Steam, with no avail. Also my alpha build on the bottom right is 0.5.102571 if that matters at all.

Thank You in advance.

but once i get into the lobby, i cannot select a role nor hit "ok". The only way i have been able to actually play is by disconnecting from the server and reconnecting, which shows my name twice, one name with a "(2)" next to it.

I've got exactly the same problem sometimes I even need to recconect a third time because it wouldn't load the custom mission scripts...

I couldn't find any fix so far...

I think you have to wait a litle while after joining a server. I have noticed that after lobby

shows up there will be a waitingtime about 10-20secs before i can choose a slot.

Dorph;2360624']I think you have to wait a litle while after joining a server. I have noticed that after lobby

shows up there will be a waitingtime about 10-20secs before i can choose a slot.

Exactly what he said. Wait for 10-20 seconds and your computer will 'catch up'.

nope, I tried to wait even several minutes, I need to rejoin, there is no other way right now for me.

I've found a youtube video from somebody who got exactly the same problem

At this point i'm used to this problem....now i just connect to the server and wait about a minute, disconnect, and then reconnect and i can play. I hope they can eventually fix this problem but I've read in other threads that it is a router problem apparently.

It's one of the most annoying aspects of multiplayer, I call it the 'lobby freeze'. Does anyone know why this 20 / 30 second freeze occurs before you can select a slot? It was present in Arma 2 as well.

I am getting the same.

I have found that I have to join a server then leave and rejoin once my name has disappeared from the list, then its fine.

I am in the UK and have a bt homehub, I have opened the ports for amra 3 and sorted the firewall but still get this every time.

got to be a fix for this BIS ?

Bumping this thread for the sake of a fix.

I encounter this problem as well. In fact, I've had it since ARMA 2. With ARMA 2 I get kicked by Battleye, but once I rejoin it loads fine. Here is to hoping someone found a better solution.

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 ----------

Bumping this thread for the sake of a fix.

I encounter this problem as well. In fact, I've had it since ARMA 2. With ARMA 2 I get kicked by Battleye, but once I rejoin it loads fine. Here is to hoping someone found a better solution.

Dorph;2360624']I think you have to wait a litle while after joining a server. I have noticed that after lobby

This. The game tends to freeze in server lobbies for around 10 seconds. I hope it gets fixed...

We observe what seems to be the same problem (still). When I am logged in as admin after loading a mission I can not select any slot from the lobby nor click "OK" to start the mission. Another player confirms that he sees me actually selecting a slot. What works as workaround so far is the following, needing a second player:

1. Admin selects mission

2. Second play joins lobby

1. Admin disconnects and reconnects, logs in as admin again and can slot themselves