Sign in to follow this  
davids

UK Armed Forces

why are you basing it around the low lod model? use the highest lod level so you can get a more accurate shape and more flush around the body

why are you basing it around the low lod model? use the highest lod level so you can get a more accurate shape and more flush around the body

Because there's no head on the better LOD's... Feller!!

EDIT - Derp, reference was to hat...

To elaborate further on Cross888, the highest LOD is only for an unclothed soldier anyway, so you'd still have to take the uniform into account (hence leaving the gaps), so without the uniform to use a reference in O2 it wouldn't make a huge difference which LOD is used really.

Edited by STALKERGB

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148130-Arma3-Characters-Modding-Tutorial/page8 if you look down to da12th's post I think it's the higher res lod of the head , wasn't included in the p3d but was in another format that he converted

Cheers dude.

david put the bush hat in game last night it seems to be pretty flush I just need to modfiy it a bit.

All I did was take the arma 1 sample mod "boonie hat" and trim the rim and pull the material on top forward so it resembled how we get our bush hats cut.

I'd like to tidy it up as well but that would take all week and i'm currently busy on working this plate carrier and webbing combo and that's just the model.

We'd then need a talented textureer to help I mean davids can map and put textures on units but he's no Saber :P

I can't texture for anything, and i'm pretty noobish at modeling only just figured out how to make a set of armor with internal and external faces.

We're currently looking for a texture artist to help with the mods if any ones out there and has too much free time on there hands giz us a shout :)

UPDATE WEAPONS

The L119's are pretty much done they just need texturing

The L129 sharpshooter rifle just needs a lick of paint too

The L110A3 SFLMG is almost squared away too just needs a config and maybe a cheeky texture.

The Glock 17 needs config as does the UGL.

L85A2 IW is in game and working the UGL Variant is in the works too but that will need a texture and config

I don't think we will make a GPMG due to animation issues which i'm going to raise with BI actually if the thread doesn't get locked. :)

when this mod is finished I am gonig to use it with the parachute regiment red barret addon!!! that would look AWESOMEEE!!!

You know red beret is not a Para regiment... its an MP regiment. Para is maroon beret. Yeah it looks reddish but still...

You know red beret is not a Para regiment... its an MP regiment. Para is maroon beret. Yeah it looks reddish but still...

It's pink trololololol :P

You might want to check up on the Para Helmet - dont quote me on this, but I dont think they use it any more, its all pretty much Mk7s now, with the exception of SF types and a few other "special application" helmets (HALO jumping, Maritime CT etc).

I'd stick with 5.56mm for now; if you are going with the L85A2 series.

Be sure to put the L115A3 (The .338 Lapua Magnum chambered snipers rifle).

With the whole "Modular weapons" system being used in ArmA3, it would be nice to have the options of L129A1s with various scopes - the Schmidt and Bender scope from the L96A1 has been used on some, as have Eotechs for airborne marksmanship tasks.

From the sounds of things, UKSF these days are running around with Crye Precision kit, with HK416s/417s in various set ups. Pathfinder Platoon might well still be using L119A1 Diemacos, again in various flavours.

Looks like you're well on your way though bud, cant wait to see the finished product!

Edited by MattWales
I need to learn to RTFT - L129A1 was already in there!

'We're currently looking for a texture artist to help with the mods if any ones out there and has too much free time on there hands giz us a shout :)'

Boss/boss666 might be interested, ill point him in your direction with regards to textures ^ as he hardly comes on the forum.

anyway progress looking good guys.