Sign in to follow this  
davids

UK Armed Forces

Hello everyone!

I'd like to introduce my work in progress thread for the UKAF from A3. Obviously being set in the future, I'd like to make this about current kit/ kit coming into service in the near future. I'd like to briefly outline my plan with this mod, and then post WIP and other goodies!

This is a range of kit I am hoping to include into the mod;

• Headgear
    • Mk7
    • Para helmet

[*]Vest

• Osprey Assault body armour
    • Jump-able Plate carrier
    • Modular belt-kit/webbing (maybe one over of a plate carrier?)

[*]Goggles/NVGs

• HMNVS

[*]Attachments/Optics

• ELCAN Specter
    • ACOG 6x magnification (mounted on the L129A1)
    • VIPIR-2
    • Susat(for old times sake!)

[*]Uniform

• PCS

[*]Backpacks

WIP pictures

blTYcOal.jpg

Full Resolution

87i5hLwl.jpg

Full Resolution

If you feel you might be able to help in some way with this, please don't hesitate to put idea's forward, or get in touch!

David

Website - BRF-ARMA

Teamspeak - 85.236.100.27:30257

Credits

BIS for the base models, uniforms, and the mod-ability

Sabre for the MTP sample

StalkerGB for the Mk7

Ali for his usual bits and bobs

Colonel Stagler for his knowledge of the game

Cross888 for various references and feedback

Edited by Davids

Congrats on the release! Looking good.

Not released yet Porter! Still got a good bit of work to do.

Bah, I got so many tabs open I can't tell if I'm in Completed or Discussion threads anymore haha. Still looking good though, and eagerly awaiting the release!

Feels good to finally get to show of our work :P Looking forward to releasing more and more british kit in the future.

The thermal sight is spelt VIPIR.

Otherwise, looking great!

Can't wait to get my hands on a SUSAT.

Thanks for the info!

Looks smart so far.

Given that Arma 3 is set in the future, what calibre will be used? 5.56? Or would the 6.5mm be used in keeping with the 'NATO standard' in game?

Question, the helmet on the last picture, is that the Cobra helmet ?? im not sure its the real name of the helmet, but in denmark we have this new helmet i link to, and it looks like it a little bit :)

http://soldaternyt.dk/2012/10/12/cobra-m12-her-er-fakta-om-den-nye-hjelm/

Dennis

The last picture is showing the Mk7 British Helmet :)

Looks smart so far.

Given that Arma 3 is set in the future, what calibre will be used? 5.56? Or would the 6.5mm be used in keeping with the 'NATO standard' in game?

Currently, we have no weapon mods planned but if we consider it, it would definetly fire the NATO 5.56 round.

Currently, we have no weapon mods planned but if we consider it, it would definetly fire the NATO 5.56 round.

Perhaps asking Project: UK Forces Team who created this A2 OA Weapon pack (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11513) for permission for an SA80

Roadkill, I'm making a new SA80 instead of porting the old stuff :cool: Various reasons I don't think I can let someone else do it for me either (i.e not all of the work on the pack was done by UKF members)

I'm trying to make something along the lines of this sort of quality, before baking them both down onto some nice Arma-friendly models, and texturing.

May take some time, but I reckon it's time better spent than taking a couple of weeks out to convert the old models.

Great news da12th, look forward to it when it comes around :)

@da12thMonkey good to hear about the SA80 :)

Great stuff!

If you want nitpicking... the UBACS cool material should be a lot lighter shade, pretty much coyote brown. I've seen the darker brown on the underarmour T-shirts and some "unofficial" regular DPM UBACSes (is there even an official one?), though, so for those the shade would be spot-on.

these are looking really good be nice to have some uk forces in game along with weapons

have done some skins myself i was planning to release, if your interested ill pm you

includes a black/urban specops and an olive marpat some far