Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

North Korea General

Two weeks ago the artillery exchange, then the drones and now one of the passengers of the sunken South Korean ferry Sewol says:

"There was a bang and then the ship suddenly tilted over"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/16/south-korea-ferry-sewol-disaster-chaotic-scenes-boat

I hope I am wrong but this sounds suspicious.

If divers would find certain deformations of the ferry´s hull the situation could get very tense soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROKS_Cheonan_sinking

Now that is extremely unlikely. Did you take a look where the incident happened? Jeju is as far away from North Korea as you can get without leaving the country. I think the ship has hit a reef and sliced it´s side open. I hope they find more survivors.

(Vice News) Former Top Official Says Kim Jong-un Is No Longer in Control of North Korea

According to Jang — a former counterintelligence official and poet laureate under Kim Jong-il — members of the government's Organization and Guidance Department (OGD), a powerful group of officials that once reported only to Kim Jong-il, have stopped taking orders from his son, Kim Jong-un. The OGD, Jang says, has effectively taken control of the country, and a conflict is simmering between factions that want to maintain absolute control over the economy and others seeking to gain wealth through foreign trade and a slightly more open market

"are there unhappy people in NK" "nope, last unhappy man was executed 2 years ago"

Maybe big mommy China decided that little spoiled Kim Jong-un was better off.

I hardly doubt that any important political change in NK is not motivated from the mothership.

Vice News publushed another article on the matter :

Top North Korean Officials Make Surprise Visit to South Korea

Top officials from North Korea paid a surprise visit to their neighbors in the South on Saturday, an unexpected turn of events that coincided with reports that dictator Kim Jong-un is ailing and losing control of the reclusive country.

Something seems to happen though.

Did anybody see the little fat man latelly? Have they locked him up somewhere?

Did anybody see the little fat man latelly? Have they locked him up somewhere?

He has disappeared for one month already. Some say he has been suffering from gout.

A very moving story of a young girl that escaped NK hell : http://www.bbc.com/news/world-south-asia-29809557

A young girl who escaped North Korea has spoken to the BBC about the violence and starvation she experienced when she lived there.

Yeonmi Park said she witnessed bloody executions and was forced to eat grass and insects to survive. When she was 13 her family fled to China in search of a better life, but her mother was brutally raped trying to protect her children.

This thread is to talk about news referring to North Korea and all the facts involved. I ask you all to be polite.

( The Guardian ) UN seeks to make North Korea answer for 'crimes against humanity'

The world’s boldest effort yet to hold North Korea and its leader, Kim Jong-un, accountable for alleged crimes against humanity moved forward on Tuesday at the United Nations, where a Pyongyang envoy threatened further nuclear tests.

The UN general assembly’s human rights committee approved a resolution that urges the security council to refer the country’s harsh human rights situation to the International Criminal Court. The non-binding resolution now goes to the general assembly for a vote in the coming weeks. China and Russia, which hold veto power on the council, voted against it.

There's already a North Korea thread, and you've even posted in it.

Threads merged.

My apologies, I forgot it's existance and when I tried to search it on the browser it didn't appear.

North Korea was NOT behind the Sony hack according to multiple security experts who discredit FBI findings and reveal that a studio insider named 'Lena' may be responsible

The FBI last week announced that they had discovered conclusive evidence proving the North Korean government was behind the Sony hack

President Obama then attacked the country for their behavior during a news conference, and informed them that the United States would retaliate

Now, the findings of the FBI are being called into question by many of the cybersecurity industry's leading experts

What's more, after an independent investigation, Norse has determined that they believe a woman named 'Lena' is responsible for the hack

Almost every expert stated that they believe the hack had to have been an inside job

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2887081/North-Korea-NOT-Sony-hack-according-multiple-security-experts-discredit-FBI-findings-reveal-insider-named-Lena-responsible.html

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/12/24/new-study-adds-to-skepticism-among-security-experts-that-north-korea-was-behind-sony-hack/?_r=0

Since the reviews of this movie are that bad, it seems they desperately need and appreciate every kind of media attention for "The Interview".....:confused:

I wonder what is really going on here.

Edited by oxmox

This whole "The interview" story looks like a joke, or well managed marketing campaign for a subpar movie.

This whole "The interview" story looks like a joke, or well managed marketing campaign for a subpar movie.

Yeah, I definately dont go and watch this movie in the cinema or buy a copy.

You have to be honest besides all the critics about North Korea, the whole content seems to be "tasteless" anyway and reminds rather on progapanda movies from North Korea.

A look into the film industry that North Korea has been cultivating for the last six decades.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/north-korean-cinema-kidnappings-evil-americans-article-1.2053502

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20140225-what-is-north-korean-film-like

Edited by oxmox

What I don't get is why make such a fuss of that movie.

I mean first Sony should had released it anyway, worst movies killing other presidents and dictators have made it. Heck, there's even movies about aliens that blow up the White House...

And about North Korea hacking Sony, could perfectly be ( or China which is the hacking expert ), but in any case, it's not a casus belli, nor a big concern, so why should the POTUS talk about that?