Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

North Korea General

Hay: If anyone does attempt any sort of revolution thing, yeah, death sentence.

Am I the only one who's had it up to here with those self glorifying, out of touch computer nerds?

"Hai guys, go revolt against the worlds largest standing army when the NK-West relations are at their worst since the border conflict in the '60s, it'll go awesume cause we is gonna help you by destroying the regime's twitter."

If even a single North Korean acts on that, those Anonymous dicks all deserve to get executed by the regime along with that poor fellow.

If the North Korean government acts on that, then they are so unstable it means we should have cut the head off the snake with direct force much sooner than now. Are we no more clever than the European leaders during 1914? If NK is just looking for an excuse for war and Anonymous is all it takes to cause something kinetic to kick off, then we should have been justified in a pre-emptive strike much sooner, turning suspected missile sites into glass.

If a war does break out, This is all America has to do at the UN to get more allies.

I'm not sure if conspiracy theories are welcome in this thread but I suppose one can always just ignore it or delete, if mods deem so.

I find it weird that there is no communication from NK about the whole situation and we're constantly led to believe they're the aggressor. What if the recent placement of ''nuclear'' missile to the east of NK is really just defence missile, seeing as their missiles are considered not long range enough?By that I mean what if US tried to somehow infiltrate into the NK but NK found out that US seriously considering invading NK and all the defence measures are shown to us as aggression moves, especially when

The North knows attacking US assets would be a suicidal move, say analysts.

I think the ''showing up the muscles NK got'' is such bull and I do not believe it one bit. Honestly, which country would hazard doing such things if not even russia nor china? Maybe NK is just played around and if this escalate, I'd bet the point would be one of the US bases somewhere in south korea. That said, would US ''sacrafice'' one of their bases / ships / subs to get a green light supported by whole world?

Read this article and then ''reverse think'' about it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/03/29/a-very-good-sign-that-north-korea-is-bluffing-about-war/

Would the US, south korea, china... benefit from NK going to its knees?

Disclaimer - I don't have favorite side (of things), I just believe there's far more going on behind the scenes

Please discuss

EDIT - @Slatts - I did laugh my ass off, brilliant ;)

Edited by Bee8190

What about the defence treaty between NorthKorea and China ? This contract exists since decades....neverless China is looking for sure not for any military conflict.

At the end I still think NorthKorea is saber-rattling, but they totally overreact. In the latest news NorthKorea told foreign embassies that they are not able to guarantee safety until the 10th of April....crazy if there would really start some kind of conflict, but if this is just saber rattling its way too intense.

Would the US, south korea, china... benefit from NK going to its knees?

The Korean War and the whole conflict was a proxy war and the whole area nowadays has a not so unimportant strategically meaning aswell. Of course there is more.

Edited by oxmox

If the North Korean government acts on that, then they are so unstable it means we should have cut the head off the snake with direct force much sooner than now. Are we no more clever than the European leaders during 1914? If NK is just looking for an excuse for war and Anonymous is all it takes to cause something kinetic to kick off, then we should have been justified in a pre-emptive strike much sooner, turning suspected missile sites into glass.

I'm talking about if any North Korean reads the message and acts on it, i.e. revolts against the regime. That the NK regime should be Tomahawked is something that I am strongly in favour of, regardless of how they respond to the computer jerks.

EDIT - @Slutts - I did laugh my ass off, brilliant ;)

@Slutts - I did laugh

Slutts

Sorry, couldn't help it. ;)

Sorry, couldn't help it. ;)

I noticed...havn't been called that since college ;)

I noticed...havn't been called that since college ;)

Whoops, my bad lol ;)

Edited the first post

Remember Slim Pickens (playing someone called King IIRR) riding the bomb in Dr Strangelove.

Think that, then think this guy, doing the same on a missile, about sums it up..

Idiot with an arsenal...

Not likely there will be, ideaologies between Communism and Capitalism are too great as are the sources behind it.

(little bit of interesting history during the cold war http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV6mtuhfQ94 ) For all the talk of 'brothers and sisters' I'm surprised that there is no going back and forth as East and West Germany did before the wall was built.

South Korea appears to be so alarmed that they've decided to buy AH-64E's to bolster defenses against a possible invasion from the North http://www.arirang.co.kr/Player/News_Vod.asp?code=News&nSeq=146158

Edited by NodUnit

It's the regime that burnt at least half a dozen generals alive in a football stadium after an assassination attempt, and cruelly tortures the country's football players after they lose in the world championships.

By comparison, this seems to be quite clean.

Yes, but it's informative anyway : despite China laconic commentary "It's NK internal matter", Chang was a reformer and an admirer of China's economic reform. I'm not sure China is pleased by what happened. Maybe it's time for them to act.

Hi,

A Stalinian purge on the way, the number two of the regime and uncle of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un executed : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25362732

This country never ceases to amaze me :annoy:

Actually, BBC seems to have very short memory: when Kim The Second died, Chang wanted to be the next "Glorious Leader", and even dared to move some of his forces to vicinity of Pyongyang. So, while he may have been "mentor" of young Kim, the two were rather unfriendly to each other during last year. That makes execution of Chang natural, not surprising.

Also: reformer may be, but he was the guy in charge of the last artillery barrage of South.

Hmm, sounds like Game of Thrones. I should pay more attention to the Norks, Best Korea, etc., in lieu of the coming series.

Also: reformer may be, but he was the guy in charge of the last artillery barrage of South.

Yeah "reformer" doesn't mean democrat or nicer guy ;)

I really prefer that each country deals with its problems internally ! :D

I really prefer that each country deals with its problems internally ! :D

Democracy needs to be spread, sovereign states are so pre-millenium darling.

U.N. report will conclude North Korea has committed crimes against humanity

The U.N. panel will also recommend that the North’s crimes be referred to the International Criminal Court in The Hague.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/un-report-will-conclude-north-korea-has-committed-crimes-against-humanity/2014/02/15/95b49684-9615-11e3-ae45-458927ccedb6_story.html

How about we cut the UN budget in small weekly increments until they get their thumbs out their asses and do something that actually requires greater abilities than those possessed by pre middle school children? I mean seriously, how come the UN, the organisation some of our greatest minds thought of to prevent further wars turn into that place to where we send "special" children when they become adults so they can feel special in another sense?