Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

North Korea General

To be fair to the UN it hasn't taken decades to reach this conclusion. Their hands were tied by certain members of the security council. It's actually very interesting that they are doing this. It means someone thinks it may be successful after decades of waiting.

It'll be a hell of a war if we go for it.

I'm ready to throw the cards in and ship out to Korea and kill bodies but it'll be a blood bath if we go. In my eyes, this would be one of the largest conventional wars in our modern history. The problem with conventional warfare is that we haven't fought in one since World War 2 and the first Korean War! Our Military is being trained in Guerrilla warfare and terrorism. Were not fully prepared to take on such a powerful country. We have the technology to do it but it'll take time to make our men and woman fully serviced to enter a war like that. Also, in modern day conventional warfare it wouldn't be based on the ground fight, it'll be the control through air power and missles. It'll be a blood bath no matter how prepared we are for it. You can't take these North Koreans too lightly; they have the 3rd largest Army in the world. But if you know me or any of my brothers we'll get through every battle... Especially if we encounter another Chosen Reservoir. Why do you think we still have Marines stationed in Okinawa? So we can be the first ones in 15 hours at most when sh*t goes down. Next month I'm being stationed in Okinawa so I'll be able to have better input on the situation from hearing things over there but in the end man, were ready to fight... Will you be? Who knows, if we went to war then i would give it a huge chance for another draft.

Don't worry ross73194, there won't be a war in North Korea, China would never allow it. They lost 600,000 to 1 million defending it last time and would probably do the same again.

They like NK just as it is because it acts as a barrier against democracy and prevents an easy escape route for defectors. It's also handy to have a worse example of repression nearby as it takes the heat off China.

So the concentration camps where people are kept naked in dog kennels will be there for the foreseeable future.

Also, in modern day conventional warfare it wouldn't be based on the ground fight, it'll be the control through air power and missles.

F-22A Raptor, F/A-18 Superhornet, F-15 Eagle, F-16 Falcon, F-35B Lighting II ..vs MiG-21. Also, let's not forget power of US Navy (tomahawk missiles), etc. You can easily win the North Korea by bombing their bases, headquarters and basic infrastructure, destroy their old-shit ramps for nuclear missiles, etc. - leaving them unorganized and ass-kicked. Sounds childish, but it's true.

North Korea has absolutely no chance to win against a modern army, but the nuclear threat should be treated first. But obviously, nobody wants to make war to NK, even SK, just waiting for it to collapse on its own, which could happen if China would like to.

NK needs a few weeks of preparations for launching one nuclear missile, while NATO stealth bombers can destroy their ramps easy by few or less bombs. Theory about surprise launch and preparations goes off, because as I already said, they have very old ramps for the same, so you can track whatever they are working on easy by the satellites. There is absolutely no threat coming from that poor country. Communist regime is just acting world gigant to brainwash it's nation.

It'll be a hell of a war if we go for it.

I'm ready to throw the cards in and ship out to Korea and kill bodies but it'll be a blood bath if we go. In my eyes, this would be one of the largest conventional wars in our modern history. The problem with conventional warfare is that we haven't fought in one since World War 2 and the first Korean War! Our Military is being trained in Guerrilla warfare and terrorism. Were not fully prepared to take on such a powerful country. We have the technology to do it but it'll take time to make our men and woman fully serviced to enter a war like that. Also, in modern day conventional warfare it wouldn't be based on the ground fight, it'll be the control through air power and missles. It'll be a blood bath no matter how prepared we are for it. You can't take these North Koreans too lightly; they have the 3rd largest Army in the world. But if you know me or any of my brothers we'll get through every battle... Especially if we encounter another Chosen Reservoir. Why do you think we still have Marines stationed in Okinawa? So we can be the first ones in 15 hours at most when sh*t goes down. Next month I'm being stationed in Okinawa so I'll be able to have better input on the situation from hearing things over there but in the end man, were ready to fight... Will you be? Who knows, if we went to war then i would give it a huge chance for another draft.

You've got to be kidding me. No conventional war since the Korean war? Let's see, Panama, Grenada, Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom. Conventional wars fought by the US military, after Korea. And apart from their WMDs, you can take Best Korea quite lightly, despite them having the worlds largest (not 3rd largest) standing army, because it's equipped with weapons and equipment ranging from WW2 era to mid-Cold war era at best, with a starving military, and an even more starving population. Also, I don't think that the "first ones in 15 hours" will be Marines from Okinawa, but rather the Eighth US Army stationed in South Korea, which is somewhat closer to Korea than Okinawa.

That display of utter lack of education, coupled with the BS bravado leads me to believe that you aren't even old enough to enlist.

Not old enough to enlist? Thats tight bro. I'm pretty sure I earned my EGA on September 13th graduating out of Parris Island Delta Company platoon 1068. I earned my fucking title. And when in one circumstance was Operation Iraqi freedom a conventional war except for the when we first entered Iraq and overthrew the Iraqi government? Ill give you the gulf war but how long did it take to destroy the Iraqi Army?? Ten days. The North Korean Army is nothing like that pathetic Iraqi force. And Panama? last at most 2 days of action. More of a raid than anything. And the 8th US Army in SK? Yea that's gonna stop alot of shit coming down. We "Never" had to pull their asses out of the dirt after fucking up in country before. Ill give you the respect that your just trying to act like you've done something with yourself by trying to talk shit on a forum to someone who has different opinions than you. good on you man, good on you. Have fun playing "war games" on your pc bro.

ross73194 what's your understanding of the meaning of conventional war? The standard definitions give no time limit, it's war involving the use of bombs and bullets between two states.

Conventional warfare is a form of warfare conducted by using conventional weapons and battlefield tactics between two or more states in open confrontation. The forces on each side are well-defined, and fight using weapons that primarily target the opponent's military. It is normally fought using conventional weapons, and not with chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons.

While Iraq in 2003 and Afghanistan in 2001 ended up as unconventional / asymmetrical warfare they both began as conventional war.

A conventional warfare in my opinion is two states fighting on a frontline in an open confrontation. Guerrilla Warfare is a group of enemy combatants who engage they're enemies by sabotage, raids and the element of surprise. Its probably an extremely dry definition of the two but that's how I see it.

All im saying is with the experience i've had so far in the fleet is that conventional warfare is not our highest priority. Its engaging an unknown enemy, who as my definition of guerrilla warfare says, that were training to fight in at this time. For instance; a few weeks ago we were out at MOUT town training in active shooter scenarios and room clearing for insurgent attacks. The only time I dug a two man fighting hole and trained for a "frontline" assault was in MCT (Marine Combat Training) and all that is to teach you how to be a basic riflemen in a 4-man fire team. That's what I see it as. If you have a better definition then share with me.

Edited by ross73194

The USA didn´t have a mayor, conditional and costly war in decades.

Good for them.

Yadda yadda yada

You realize you wrote "when was OIF a conventional war except for when it was a conventional war?"?. And since when has the duration of the conflict ever determined if it was a conventional war or not? Never.

If you actually are a Marine, I'm guessing you're some supply guy/to new to stop being motivated beyond all intelligence/really stupid. Could be a combination of more than one. Congrats, you've raged on the Internet, and tried to prove that you're something by talking down about others and spouting vague, non verifiable information about yourself.

All your doing is trying to flame one's opinion. I don't get how that makes you better, but then again i guess that gives you some sort of success over the internet. Being supply is nowhere near my MOS (Military Occupational Specialty for you retard) either but you don't need to know what I'm in because... why would you? Keep on trollin man.

Well, if you don't call this yourself jerking off your own ego to make yourself feel better by being an Internet cool guy, then I don't know what it is. Responding with insults and very little proof (ooh, you could Google your way to MOS, good boy) won't make anyone believe a thing you write.

Besides me saying I'm going to Okinawa in my previous post... I'm pretty sure I didn't bloat about my living until you started bitching. If you wanna keep talking shit because I have pride in what I do then you can shove it. I don't give a fuck if you think your better because you know how to talk shit to people on the internet and "slay bodies" in a fucking computer game.

I don't know what's happening each time in this topic, with people bitching...that must be the evil soul of Kim haunting the topic :y:

Hm, what I think about it. Well from what I gather ( documentaries tellling stories of escaped prisoners, ordinary people etc, concentration camps, opression etc .... ) the social, environmental, economic and human rights situation in NK is below any humane and physicaly tolerable standarts, people starving etc. It probably ain't as dramatic as portrayed by the Western media, though it's one of the places I'd choose last to live in, definitly. The people's mentality is some tough topic. How would they react on change ? how is education there ( there definitly needs to be reinvented educational structures and process as I feel NK is like some decades behind ) Is change necessary ? Yes. How would that look like ? you cannot avoid bringing down the regime and demilitarize the country to establish a new society. Is it necessary to establish a new kind of society ? most likely. It probably will be a years long process and the people will take things in their own hands for the first time. Needs a lot of help and guidance. In my eyes, as said, they are some decades behind. Of course I and most of us don't know how things are going over there, despite so much intel. We just don't and won't before the country's open to the eyes of the rest of the world.

There are thousands of escapees, including former prison guards who all tell the same story.

If you read about NK agent's who were captured during assassination attempts, they are totally brainwashed due to the absolute information control in the north. They have to drive them around in cars to show them the truth about South Korea to break the conditioning.

if you have not already seen this great photo of the korean peninsula and the explanation of NASA it is very interesting regarding the state of North Korea

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/26/world/asia/nasa-iss-north-korea-no-lights/index.html?hpt=hp_mid

imagine what you can do with good night vision equipment in dark environments like these...

if you have not already seen this great photo of the korean peninsula and the explanation of NASA it is very interesting regarding the state of North Korea

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/26/world/asia/nasa-iss-north-korea-no-lights/index.html?hpt=hp_mid

imagine what you can do with good night vision equipment in dark environments like these...

Similar to an older image taken a couple of years ago: http://cdn.theatlanticcities.com/img/upload/2012/12/18/north%20korea%20satellite%20nasa%20lights%20OLD.JPG

Definitely interesting. They are literally and figuratively in the dark over there.

North Koreans reportedly face execution for contact with South Korean missionary - Fox News

Thirty-three North Koreans will likely be executed after being charged with attempting to overthrow the repressive regime of Kim Jong-un. The means of their alleged treachery? Receiving money to set up 500 underground churches from a South Korean missionary who has since been jailed by Pyongyang.

On the one hand it's Fox, and on the other it's Best Korea. The latter is heavy enough for it to be very believable.

On the one hand it's Fox, and on the other it's Best Korea. The latter is heavy enough for it to be very believable.

Whatever headlines I post does not mean that I believe them! I posted the same thing in the Ukraine thread. You understand that, right? I said I just like to read all of the headlines from all over the world.

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

Further news on the missiles shot into the sea:

North Korea fires seven additional short-range projectiles into East Sea - Arirang News

At around 4:30 PM on Tuesday, North Korea fired four short-range projectiles using a multiple rocket launcher into the East Sea, this according to Seoul's defense ministry.