Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

North Korea General

Remember Global Research?

Global Research - North Korea, a Land of Human Achievement, Love and Joy

What have I seen in those 8 days in DPRK – in North Korea? I saw an enormous futuristic city, Pyongyang, the capital, built from the ashes. I saw enormous theatres and stadiums, a metro system deep below the ground (public transportation doubling as nuclear shelter, in case the city came under attack). I saw trolley buses and double-decker buses, wide avenues, unimaginably ample sidewalks, roller-skating rinks and playgrounds for children.

Statues and monuments were everywhere. The size of some boulevards and buildings were simply overwhelming. For more than a decade I lived in Manhattan, but this was very different grandeur. New York was growing towards the sky, while Pyongyang consisted of tremendous open spaces and massive eclectic buildings.

Outside the capital I saw green fields, and farmers walking home deep in the countryside. Clearly, there was no malnutrition among children, and despite the embargo, everyone was decently dressed.

I saw packed squares, with tens of thousands of people shouting slogans from the top of their lungs. I saw thousands of women in colorful traditional dresses waving their flags and ribbons, cheering when the command was given, welcoming us – international delegates. Marching next to me for peace, was a former US Attorney General, Ramsey Clark, and at my other side, the leader of one of the Indian Communist Parties. There were human rights lawyers from the United States and from all over the world, Turkish revolutionaries, and, for hard to understand reasons, several heads of the Ugandan military.

The West, its policy makers and mass media, succeeded in creating an image of a dehumanized North Korea. They did it by blurring the faces. For decades North Koreans were being portrayed as inhabitants of some monstrous hermit empire where men, women and children all look alike, dress the same, behave like robots, never smile and do not look into each other’s eyes.

North Korean scientist flees to Finland with info on inhumane experiments

http://www.koreatimesus.com/n-korean-scientist-flees-to-finland-with-info-on-inhumane-experiments/

A North Korean scientist with expertise in biochemical weaponry defected from his home country in June and has been spending his time in Finland.

The 47-year-old left with 15 gigabytes worth of data and information regarding human experimentation, which he felt may have crossed ethical boundaries according to Yonhap News Agency.

The researcher plans to present and hand over the information to the European parliament later this month.

The South Korean Defense Ministry recently issued warnings of biochemical threats coming from the North including the likes of anthrax and smallpox.

North Korean scientist flees to Finland with info on inhumane experiments

Give him time, until he can share his knowledge with the Perussuomalaiset :D

North Korea doesn't have some support from Russia or neither China only maybe protection from China to prevent war between South.K and US or Japan

NK is perfect example what brainwashing can do ,

those people are slaves, treated like animals, they suffer things which are hard to imagine for western people and they ... belive in leader being god :(

i hope one day those people will be free, any documents i seen about NK were leaving me speechless

I'm always surprised the NK people never managed to get rid of that system. China probably never allowed such uprising.

NK is perfect example what brainwashing can do ,

those people are slaves, treated like animals, they suffer things which are hard to imagine for western people and they ... belive in leader being god :(

i hope one day those people will be free, any documents i seen about NK were leaving me speechless

and they think it's pleasure !

I'm always surprised the NK people never managed to get rid of that system. China probably never allowed such uprising.

because those people are told by media that there is much worse situation abroad, and because they belive that Kim is god-like,

hard to compare this system to other way than ancient era systems - where king is given by god,

i though years ago they are just commies, but in fact they are kind of uber nationalists believing they are only pure human with belief that Kim is god ,

Kim Jung Un is faced with a dilemma and at the worst time when already from reports he is still conducting regular purges of officials that question control, the drought has critically hurt the countries food production capabilities to the point that even North Korea has admitted they are going to need desperate food aid come winter to meet demand this winter or face critical food shortages.

DPRK has 4 places it can turn to for food aid

United Nations - food aid would have strings attached = axing of planned long range space launch announced for this fall and focus on reforms, also heavy control on where the food aid is handed out.

China - DPRK in recent purges following the execution of the Uncle reportedly removed many in the pro China camp in DPRK so any aid from China is going to likely have heavy strings attached to it such as reasserting China's leverage in DPRK leadership and reigning in KJU spending spree's and purges and his handing handing of control to generals China can trust.

Cuba - with warming ties between United States and opening of embassies DPRK could potentially get less aid from this former ally esp if Cuba moves to warm ties and trade with the United States..

Russia - again DPRK could get aid from Russia but this will also have strings attached to it, Russia will want a stable partner and not one that is going to blow all its food aid and leave Russia with the bill this time around..

With recent report of riot in border town after local DPRK officials tried to seize goods at a open market triggered a rare violent protest and attack on local officials DPRK cannot risk food shortages like in the 90's

In the 90's the food shortages hit the DPRK military as much as it hit the civilian population, KJU needs to desperately get food aid enough to feed at least the military through the winter. With reports of already unrest in the military leadership that has filtered out over unease over the continued violent purges conducted by KJU that unlike his father ended few months into taking power there is feeling no one is safe. If KJU cannot feed the military there are from multiple reports from defectors and Asian sites this simmering unrest could move to next stage once winter hits.

If DPRK does not get food aid there are many rumors that the DPRK military leadership are not willing to let their men starve a second time around like happened in the 90's esp if KJU pushes ahead with new long range space launches and nuke tests this fall that will likely trigger more sanctions and cuts in aid to the country.

Edited by barnEbiss-SIP

the worst of all is that population is brainwashed and noone can help them because they will not believe they are suffering,

they will not start any riots, if they suffer, they curse America, not their "god's grandson dear leader"

i spent last month watching 10 hours of documents about NK - i cannot even say what i think, it is simply horrible that in XXI century people are living like this , it is like all those sharia states,

leader as god, people believe he invented basket ball, hamburger , he invented all , god-like, they think they won world championships in all sport contests etc.

they do not have their pride, humanity, they are turned into scrared robots who really believe in leader, horrible

psychologists say that only ca 15 % of our population (in world not in 1 country) is independent at all, rest follows group/trend/fashion

so you can possibly steer 85% witht proper social engineering psychologists say (famous "experiment in lift, people standing back to door")

those people , in case of war, would not be even ready to take any help , they would fight against those who came to help them,

similar trend was in Stalin era in USSR, lots of people died believing in Stalin good will "if comrade Stalin would knew" - famous sentece which on west is not known - but this sentence was popular in 40s, 50s and it meant "we suffer, but Stalin is giood, if he knew , he would help us for sure"

Edited by vilas

Well it's the same in every authoritarian country with strong propaganda. Just look at Russia.

It's the evil wests fault, Putin is a genius and strong, he will protect us blablabla

Well it's the same in every authoritarian country with strong propaganda. Just look at Russia.

It's the evil wests fault, Putin is a genius and strong, he will protect us blablabla

it is not the same as Russia - Russians due to Puting have better finances, they could travel to Italy and sighsee, while Poles "travel" to UK to work hard to allow their family to live by sending money to family,

15 years ago, Russians were coming to my country to clean houses, build buildings as construction workers etc.

now Russians go to Italy, Paris, and Poles go to wash London streets,

so i would not compare Russian situation with DPRK,

in DPRK people suffer, while in Russia people ares richer than before and stronger and healthier

Putin takes care about nation like Orban takes care,

in DPRK people are neither rich nor healthy,

in Russia government even tries to fight with alcoholism, cigaretes, to have healthy and strong nation, sport is important in schools, people can have guns since few months (Putin changed gun law)

living conditions in Russia are better , so thats why Putin has support, cannot compare it to DPRK where people do starve , have nothing, do not travel,

lots of Russian tourists the best show what Putin made properly in economy,

usual Russian now earns better than usual Pole, 20 years ago usual Pole was earning 2 times more than usual Russian, now you meet Russians here only as rich tourists in moutains or by the sea,

they can save from their salary, we can't cause our prices are similar to German prices or even bigger (bigger VAT, price of electric equipment the same in whole world except USA which has not VAT tax),

it is western thinking that Putin has support because of propaganda, that stats are falsified,

they can afford trip to Italy , while in my country we can't if we not earn much more than average, look at child benefits support in Russia, it is 10 times bigger than Ukraine or Poland,

comparision with Putin is fault,

DPRK is poverty and starvation (a place where noone would like to live if not under the gun), Russia is healthy strong nation which we can only be jealous for in some parts (of course in not all)

if someone would keep me in starvation, hunger, no guns, no acces to what i want to buy (to eat) or listen-to (music) i would hate such system,

if someone would give me gun, ability to earn money and buy what i want, travel anywhere i want - i would love such system and it is not propaganda,

i have family still there and they are satisfied , before Putin they were going to Poland to work , now they do not even want to visit Poland saying "what we will meet there? gays parade and poverty?"

this is what Putin made and it is not comparable with Kim, so my family from St Petersburg or Grodno (Belarus) now work in Russia without need to contact with us anymore, because they have level of money that allows them to live on their own without need to move anywhere for job,

and 20 years ago they had to travel to Poland and wash streets to have money to buy shoes and car they had was from USSR-era they get back than,

in case of DPRK people are starving, in case of Russia it is 2 times bigger growth in economy, Russians who travel abroad see how world looks like, NK people do not even imagine world abroad,

majority of population (except Scandinavia probably) do not need or care about "gay rights" but about social care, benefits, health care, housing, safety on the street , holidays, and Putin gave them it, and they love him ,

in case of DPRK they have nothing, anyday they can be sent to death camp,

there are 2 Roman rules of power : divide et impera, peanem at circenes, in DPRK there is just fear

Edited by vilas

Don't be naive Vilas. Russians had it better than Poles because Russia has more Ressources. Simple as that. Putin had build his economyc success on Oil and gas exports. Now that the prices went down and sanctions hit hard, the Russian people have to suffer because of his ambitions.

but in country where government is against people and doesn't trust people - it doesn't give more gun rights because pissed-on on corruption citizen could shoot state official or clerk

Putin changed gun law several months ago , in authoritarian countries it not happens, cause gun = possibility to shoot clerk who made something wrong against citizen

i am not naive that much to believe that only media made Russians love Putin which we hate

it is like with USA , Germany (or rather banks, corporations) or best Israel,

foreign politics != internal affairs

countries who treat own people good != countries who treat abroad good

we may hate Putin for what he makes to us like washing history, but for Russians - they get twice more money, high benefits , more freedoms in case of guns ownership

our media inform about bad things in Russia, from my family in Belarus/Russian border i have opposite informations, their life is better than in Yeltsin time, no more mafia ruling streets , no more total poverty,

i know it is oil and gas , but they had it BEFORE just all money were going to few oligarchs which one of them now plays "disident" on west (similar to Ukraine, which could be rich if was not robbed by their own oligrachs)

in case of NK it is opposite, those people are under constant surveilance, no freedom, no guns, just terror, poverty, hunger and ... god-like Kim family to praise

Edited by vilas

but in country where government is against people and doesn't trust people - it doesn't give more gun rights because pissed-on on corruption citizen could shoot state official or clerk

Putin changed gun law several months ago , in authoritarian countries it not happens, cause gun = possibility to shoot clerk who made something wrong against citizen

Unless it plans to familiarize, raise and train people with guns

Unless it plans to familiarize, raise and train people with guns

gun is usually symbol of "equality"

politicians are more honest when they know that their decision can cause desperate revenge,

in our countries polticians do not care about desperates because few policemen stand 10 meters away and with knife you cannot break barrier made of 4-5 policemen,

when you are weak and little disabled you cannot vent person who is fit and bodybuilded,

when you have gun, even if you are on wheelchair, strong and fit must respect you cause his muscles won't stop bullet if he caused desperation to other person ,

when people afraid of each other, they respect each oter more,

when one is strong, other is weak, than strong abuses power and has weaker "for sucker"

this is not of course debate about guns but i believe that for some people honesty is guaranted only by fear - politicians and businesmen belong to this group ;)

because usually psychopats go to jobs where there is power - politics, directors, CEO, lawyers, officers (especially army when they can kill abroad) if you do not belive me please study psychology or read Robert D Hare books for forensic psychology which i read when i tried to be policeman decade ago,

usual people do not need power over other person ,

but when this power is abused - gun = democracy, helpless disarmed society = more corruption from clerks, more abuse of power by clerks, because this 1% of psychopats in society always try to find job as director, judge,

world is made of majority of decent and honest people

but on high ranked positionts it is opposite , all 1% scum of this planet goes to parliament, managment board, army, legal jobs, anywhere they can have power and abuse power to hurt others, psychopats have other type of brain and only because of body shape we call them humans but they have other type of brain and feel no emotions nor sorrow,

society must have means to secure itself,

thats why i take gun-owners countries as more democratic - Finland, Switzerland, USA

Edited by vilas

Mhj4rH13eoc

Another great Vice News report, mainly on North Korean defectors actions against Kim's regime.

A while ago I watched two documentaries about North Korea on TV, first time that I have seen actually a lot of rural areas and from the cities.

I was actually surprised how clean & tidy it did look like where the camera team did do the shootings and I have seen much worse conditions in other asian countries. Maybe I find the documentary, really interesting footage.

Did not find it yet, but there is interesting timelapse footage in HD about Pyongyang:

Edited by oxmox

but remember there is filmed what is allowed to be filmed

A capital city with almost no cars is strange, isn't it ?

No, they just love to walk or ride a bicycle every day :p

At least they do not have SMOG problem there :icon_lol:

but remember there is filmed what is allowed to be filmed

Well, in one of these documentary it was said they were surprised how they could film quiete freely. But there will be certain restrictions.

But......I have big doubts after watching footage from North Korea about rural areas and the main city that you will find really horrible sanitary and living condition en masse like in other countries in Asia.

Lets be more specific with an extreme example - INDIA.

Slums & City district in Mumbai (Bombay) in HD

(btw almost 8 millions,

are living in Slums)

thats why i take gun-owners countries as more democratic - Finland, Switzerland, USA

Guns means more democracy, are you sure ?

Weapons are a tool to kill and to have power over others.

Shooting someone just because someone is pissed and you want a society where people are afraid of each other just to be respected ?

Do you want that ordinary citizen kill persons who are in leading positions because of corruption, abuse power to hurt others, xxx...??

Thats not democratic thats just vigilante justice.

Edited by oxmox

gun is usually symbol of "equality"

politicians are more honest when they know that their decision can cause desperate revenge,

in our countries polticians do not care about desperates because few policemen stand 10 meters away and with knife you cannot break barrier made of 4-5 policemen,

[...]

Well look at what the situation in US has become... extremely large Police numbers and armament with APC's/MRAPs etc. Guns don't change the corruption of people in high positions.

Do you want that ordinary citizen kill persons who are in leading positions because of corruption, abuse power to hurt others, xxx...??

policians should care about nation such way that people have no reasons to be desperate - look at Switzerland

Well look at what the situation in US has become

look at Andorra, Switzerland , Finland

and in case of US there drug cartels from Mexico make some mess , also some "gangsta" youth who watch too much rap music and want to become "o.g." but all they use illegal guns, not guns which are legal and like in Europe after psychological test

disarmed society is more easy to abuse - level of corruption, usual criminals etc.

number of murders per capita in UK is 6 times bigger than in disarmed eastern europe societies, in UK there is several times bigger than in eastern europe

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/World_map_of_civilian_gun_ownership_-_2nd_color_scheme.svg/1920px-World_map_of_civilian_gun_ownership_-_2nd_color_scheme.svg.png

now compare with murders number in Europe:

http://www.wykop.pl/ramka/1419767/porownanie-ilosci-morderstw-w-europie-i-usa/

in eastern europe you have few times more murders, few times less guns in people hands, because bandit will always get gun

Poland, Romania, Lithuania - most disarmed countries in EU - compare to murders rate stats - biggest number of murders is Lithuania, Romania

compare it with corruption

the same,

Edited by vilas

What should you look at in Switzerland ? The reason in this country is the conscription with a high number of reserves. The cause of it lies in the history, the military because the structure reminds on militia. This has not much in common with the sentences I wrote to you.

In Finland around 13% own guns, the reason for more liberal laws is simple: because weapons were mostly used for - Hunting Animals.

nvm...we are going to much offtopic....

Edited by oxmox