Sign in to follow this  
tryteyker

[SP] Capture of Agia Marina

Capture of Agia Marina

DOWNLOAD

Armaholic mirror (v 2.0):

- [ALPHA] Capture of Agia Marina

What is Capture of Agia Marina?

Capture of Agia Marina is pretty much based on Capture of Jilavur, my latest Singleplayer mission made in ArmA 2. This is more or less a direct port, utilizing the new features ArmA3 has to offer (random lightnings, random wind strength and force, random gear for civilians (who are again hostile towards everybody). No nyan cat though, sorry (as in, no rainbows)) whilst still keeping to the original concept of Capture of Jilavur.

Capture of Jilavur was basically about a platoon (god don't kill me if I got this mixed up.. 2 squads should be 1 platoon right? :/) clearing out a town (Jilavur, yeap) of OPFOR. The twist which never got added was supposed to be that Independent might've been hostile to BLUFOR. OR NOT. But I never added it because it'd have reminded me alot about my Folk ARPS mission Rasman Clash, which is basically the same concept but as a TvT instead. Mindgames don't work that way though so it's a 3-way-brawl.

So Capture of Agia Marina (CoAM for shorties) is the same, just this time around it's.. OH GOD I WAS ABOUT TO SAY 3 PLATOONS, JEEZ. No, not 3 platoons. But 1. Like, a full one. Alpha Bravo Charlie, just no attachments. Kinda like that.

So you get pushed into the field against OPFOR, who again don't have more than 3 platoons. No snipers this time around because the terrain is way too bad for that. Who deploys snipers on a maybe 100 m high hill.. NOBODY. Except those who can't think straight.

I've had lots of trouble with setting all this up anyway. As you all might be aware BLUFOR and OPFOR are pretty much at war, and placing them practically besides eachother isn't going to end well at all.

I also decided to keep the horrible English in the title of this mission because of hilarity, yeah. It's not like "Capturing a town" is proper English.. I don't think so anyway.

To make this a tl;dr if you don't want to read my horrible humor: CoAM is a 3-way-brawl between BLUFOR, OPFOR and Independent (Civvies with random gear). You clear Agia Marina at a random time, with random weather (random lightnings, random rain, overcast, wind). 1 platoon on each side (except civilians, they only have 10 dudes)

New features

I've utilized a variety of new features shipping with the current ArmA 3 alpha.

- Civilians will have random gear assigned to them. This is, for now, coming from a set pool of gear, with limited weapons, headgear, vests and goggles. Civilians will be able to utilize both OPFORs and BLUFORS vests, goggles, helmets, and weapons.

- A random weather system has been put in place. This includes random lightning, random rain, random time, random overcast, random wind force, random wind strength.

- If this forum stops screwing with my formatting I will be able to tell you about something else below. If it ever does.

- Original Arma 2 Capture of Jilavur mission stilish-esque-thingy-thing-thing.

So yeah, notes.

This mission's been made with the latest STABLE (yeah well, stable and stable but you get what I mean) build. This means Alpha version 0.5.102571. It is not guaranteed this will work with the development builds.

Also this mission might have some errors, like civvies not shooting at anybody and just strollin' around. Endings might come premature. I booked this off due to my freaking horrible processor but if it happpens please inform me.

Addons (Optional!)

Forgot to say. You can use MoodJukeBox if you want to. It gives you a random playlist of ArmA 3 music tracks (which are quite good) depending on the action happening. You don't need to DL it if you don't want to tho.

Have fun. o/

Changelog:

v 2.0

- ADDED: Gearboxes, allowing the player to change their loadout once arriving at base.

- CHANGED: Difficulty raised. You now have 2 Rifle Squads and 1 Fireteam instead of 3 Rifle Squads. Enemy has recieved new forces, it's up to you to find out what they are :)

- FIXED: Properly packed the mission into a .pbo file now. Add this to your MPMissions folder and host.

v 1.1

- ADDED: Situational briefing so people know what they're supposed to do.

v1.0

- Initial release

Edited by tryteyker

Hello there

Nice to see another SP map out.

MP is a nightmare at the moment, due to the TKing issue. And sometimes I want to play with lots of mods. Downloading now.

Rgds

LoK

Updated with Armaholic mirror.

orlok, I try to keep mods to a minimum, considering how most mods write themselves into the mission.sqm even though they're not used (like CBA), especially in ArmA3. This mission isn't really guaranteed to work with let's say AI mods but if you have like a soundmod I'd say it does work. Just keep that in mind.

A platoon consists of several squads, which itself consist of several fireteams, each made up of 4 soldiers, and/or a 2-man sniper team, a special weapons team etc., and the squad leader. In the US Army, a rifle platoon has 42 people by default. Three platoons (plus staff and some extra units) would already be a company.

So I'm somewhat relieved (NOT really) to hear that there is "not more than" these roughly 130-150 enemies in town. Or do you mean each side has a dozen soldiers, i.e. a squad? ;)

HHAHAHAHAHA that was a great mistype. I meant to say 3 squads, just like BLUFOR. So basically 1 platoon.

For those concered that there isn't any briefing ingame, Don't worry. I'll add one when I get home today. This was sort of a rushed release in one way or another and I didn't think about the briefing :P

Edited by tryteyker

Alright, I updated things to version 1.1

Changelog:

- ADDED: Situational Briefing so people know what's up.

//EDIT

Quick hotfix released. Forgot to add stuff and used the wrong tag in createDiaryRecord.

Edited by tryteyker

Where to put this pbo? Im asking because when i put it in Missions folder, i can not found it under Scenarios in game meny, exept default missions...

Edited by bboy

MPMissions folder. Then go to Multiplayer, host a LAN Server, choose the mission and play. ArmA3 doesn't have a Singleplayer component yet so you have to do it this way.

BTW for those who didn't know yet, the Armaholic mirror's been updated.

Edited by tryteyker

MPMissions folder. Then go to Multiplayer, host a LAN Server, choose the mission and play. ArmA3 doesn't have a Singleplayer component yet so you have to do it this way.

BTW for those who didn't know yet, the Armaholic mirror's been updated.

Did it... Still can not see the mission...

don't freaking tell me I UPLOADED THE .STRATIS FILE. OH MY FRIKKIN GOD.

Okay well.... SORRY FOLKS.

Go into your My Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\YourProfileName\missions (if you don't have this folder create it)

Copy the .stratis file into that folder. Go into your editor, load the mission (CaptureofAgiaMarina) and press preview. You'll be able to play the mission regularly if you do not change anything. You just don't get the briefing at the start and need to press M to access it.

I like it!

yeah I startet it this way ;)

already upped a video in what I sloved the mission

old man still has some skills ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG0eI33yhb4

But is there any diversitiy? or is it now always the same? (still enough to play it for more than one time). is there an option to change the loadout?

Go into your My Documents\Arma 3 Alpha - Other Profiles\YourProfileName\missions (if you don't have this folder create it)

First, about time we got SP missions.

Second, could you be so kind to upload this mission again, the way you meant it?

Cheers, KK

Yeh pack it pls mate :)

For some reason i cant pack it as a pbo :(

Yep will pack it once I get home. Again sorry for not packing it :/

@tremanarch

The only randomization is the weather & civilian loadout. I will however add gear crates at the base for people to change their loadout.

Slight push.

Uploaded version 2.0. Changelog below, please note Armaholic hasn't been updated yet.

Changelog:

v 2

- ADDED: Gearboxes, allowing the player to change their loadout once arriving at base.

- CHANGED: Difficulty raised. You now have 2 Rifle Squads and 1 Fireteam instead of 3 Rifle Squads. Enemy has recieved new forces, it's up to you to find out what they are :)

- FIXED: Properly packed the mission into a .pbo file now. Add this to your MPMissions folder and host.

Might update it at some point, but I doubt it. The Alpha's recieving some major changes right now, pretty much.