Sign in to follow this  
DrFragg

[Question] Briefing and Tasks are duplicating.

Hi all,

I've been using a fairly run of the mill template for my missions in the briefing and never encountered any problems before but of all a sudden I keep on this extremely weird problem, although there's no threads or mention of it on the forums so far (with the search forum function anyway)

This is the briefing code.

player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Briefing", "Your Objective is to locate and destroy two Zeus AA guns. "]];

tskarea1 = player createSimpleTask["Zeus AA gun 1."];
tskarea1 setSimpleTaskDescription["Locate Zeus AA gun 1 and destroy it <marker name='m1'>here</marker>.", "Destroy Zeus AA gun 1.", "Destroy Zeus AA gun 1."];
tskarea1 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "m1");

tskarea2 = player createSimpleTask["Zeus AA gun 2"];
tskarea2 setSimpleTaskDescription["Locate Zeus AA gun 2 and destroy it <marker name='m2'>here</marker>.", "Destroy Zeus AA gun 2 .", "Destroy Zeus AA gun 2."];
tskarea2 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "m2");

player setCurrentTask area1;
player setCurrentTask area2;

and this is what I see every time.

http://puu.sh/2gv6J (177 kB)

http://puu.sh/2gv6J (177 kB)

I tried re writing it completely from scratch and had the same issue as well as changing the number of tasks, what they said etc. etc. I'm unable to figure out what the problem is. Any help would be fantastic.

That is odd. I put your code into my own mission and I don't get any duplicate tasks. Are you running with any addons enabled?

Also as a side note, in order for the setCurrentTask command to work properly it should be written:

player setCurrentTask tskarea1;

Update

Also check to make sure you are not executing the briefing script twice. That will cause duplicates in the tasks and notes.

Edited by IronSight94

Gah, that was it, had it executing in the init and the initjipcompatible. Thanks alot, saved me some grief.