Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Helicopter SHowcase completely broken since new DevBuild Update

I know that you fixed some mission related performance problems with this patch but the Helicopter showcase is now compeltely broken.

New Bugs introduced:

Briefing Section of the Briefing is empty

Showcase Info in the Breifing is missing

Showcase Intro missing

"Drone camera" at the beginning is missing

CoPilot won´t board the chopper

If the player does nothing, one of the soldiers will get in as pilot

Unable to complete "Take off" task

RPT:

http://pastebin.com/DQRqLpzT

Also:

Scuba Showcase

Error message in Briefing screen:

Cannot load texture ca\characters_f\common\data\diver_suit_nato_co.paa.

The two guys are missing their little speech at he beginning.

Edited by Tonci87

Performance wise nothing has changed either, actually i think it's even worse. (is it just me or there is way more AI now when starting the mission?)

Performance wise nothing has changed either, actually i think it's even worse. (is it just me or there is way more AI now when starting the mission?)

Same thoughts as me, and yeah there does seem to be more AI.

Same thoughts as me, and yeah there does seem to be more AI.

There are even 3 additional helicopters flying overhead.

Hmm I wasn't sure if I had better or worse FPS... In infantry showcase I think I get better FPS but helicopter showcase was about the same but now broken as above.

Looks like data inconsistency (missions vs. functions) on the Steam. Probably tomorrow it will be solved. Thank you for info.

There is even more wrong. I have very bad performance with micro stutters and bad FPS if I´m around AI (doesn´t matter if friendly or enemy).

If I just place them in the Editor everything is fine, but as soon as they have a move waypoint, or need to get into cover these micro stutters occur. Is something wrong with the pathfinding?

There is even more wrong. I have very bad performance with micro stutters and bad FPS if I´m around AI (doesn´t matter if friendly or enemy).

If I just place them in the Editor everything is fine, but as soon as they have a move waypoint, or need to get into cover these micro stutters occur. Is something wrong with the pathfinding?

yep, that's what I noticed. and the thing was my numbers (fps, gpu usage) actually weren't too bad, but I was getting a lot of visible stuttering all of a sudden

it also won't let me edit or play a mission I was working on, because I guess something was removed/changed (just reporting, I know I can roll back to the stable build)

Edited by daze23

AttachTo command was missing. It blocked further scripts from running. Shouldn't appear in the next version.

Looks like data inconsistency (missions vs. functions) on the Steam. Probably tomorrow it will be solved. Thank you for info.

Could you tell us what you mean, so next time we are ready.

Could you tell us what you mean, so next time we are ready.
I guess it's nothing we can do on our end anyways, if you use the Developer build you just have to be patient...

Yay!

I guess it's nothing we can do on our end anyways, if you use the Developer build you just have to be patient...

Yay!

No I just thought maybe a preemptive warning to say the 2 builds may not be in sink between them and Steam, and could screw the game up. Stops all the forum stuff and ticket posts, just a thought.

Just use the standard release channel instead if you can't live when Arma 3 is broken for some hours because of an DEV(!) update.

Better go back to BF3 or so

No I just thought maybe a preemptive warning to say the 2 builds may not be in sink between them and Steam, and could screw the game up. Stops all the forum stuff and ticket posts, just a thought.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148220-How-to-change-between-stable-Arma-3-Alpha-versions-amp-release-candidates-STEAM-client

There already is a huge disclaimer in the relevant thread...

Yay!

The class was renamed to A3_Soft_F_Ifrit. Rename it in your missions and it will work.