Sign in to follow this  
the_player

No animation on changing firing modes. Bug or feature?

I'm not sure whether I should submit it as bug on the feedback tracker or is it intentional.

Neither its just alot of work to implement.

I know it's not a one day project, but what makes it so hard to add an animation for this? The animation is only a second or so long and only needs to be animated for 1st person. Seems like it would be one of the easier things to add.

Why for?

It's really nothing, there is no animation since OFP, so why now?

Why for?

It's really nothing, there is no animation since OFP, so why now?

Just because something isn't in Arma doesn't mean it shouldn't be. Why do you think people make mods for games?

It adds a lot to the immersion, IMHO. Arma is so detailed, and is so immersive in 1st person, it just would be a nice bit of polish.

only needs to be animated for 1st person.

Bear in mind what you see in 1st person is what you see in 3rd person.

This isnt one of them "detached world model" type games where you get shot by someone looking in the other direction because their workld model is lagging behind their million dpi laser mouse.

Seems like it would be one of the easier things to add.

Famous last words ;)

Just because something isn't in Arma doesn't mean it shouldn't be. Why do you think people make mods for games?

It adds a lot to the immersion, IMHO. Arma is so detailed, and is so immersive in 1st person, it just would be a nice bit of polish.

Then mod it yourself?

Still, my question stands: What makes it so hard?

Then mod it yourself?

If I were a modder I probably wouldn't have had to ask the question.

Still, my question stands: What makes it so hard?

If I were a modder I probably wouldn't have had to ask the question.

Making said animation for all weapon's with selectable fire modes. Then making said animation work properly for all stances , both while moving and standing still. (my guess)

Ah, I get what DM meant now. Thanks!

Sounds like a lot of work for something you would never see in most cases. Flicking a switch with your right thumb would'nt even be visible to the player unless looking down.

Mainly because most mainstream games make it such an exaggerated motion of bringing up the weapon, out of shooting position, just to flip a thumb switch. It kind of reminds me of that Dragon Rising picture where the guy is holding the rifle in the most asinine and improper way.

I agree that this would be a welcome addition. I also understand that making those animation for every single weapon in the game might be "a little" time consuming. I can live without it, but it would be simply awesome to have that in the game. Immmmmersion ;)

This reminds me of the thread where we demanded animated trigger finger in Arma 1. ;)

Vietcong is a 2003 game developed by Pterodon and 2K Czech, published by Gathering of Developers, and this has animation and sound for fire mode

Vietcong is a 2003 game developed by Pterodon and 2K Czech, published by Gathering of Developers, and this has animation and sound for fire mode

What's the connection between BIS and GoD Games/those devs?

I suppose you also want an animation for pressing the mag release, right? :rolleyes:

I also want to my weapon to be persistent between missions, so I can clean it before and after. BIS, please simulate carbon build up and have my hands get dirty when the armory gives me a weapon that hasn't been cleaned in months after repeated firing.

There was also animations for switching Fire mode in MoH 2010 and MoHW(i'm not advertising,just examples :)),so i think it'd be really nice if Devs added this feature..it'll just make the game more realistic,imo

It's easy to jest, but we as a community and as consumers should be asking for these things. Beats hoping that BIS randomly will fullfill all our wishes.

Sounds like a lot of work for something you would never see in most cases. Flicking a switch with your right thumb would'nt even be visible to the player unless looking down.
Exactly.

A sound? yes, but animation? useless

A lot of the vets seem to be of the opinion that if BIS hasn't already included something then to even think of suggesting it is some how a slight. It's a shame how hostile a lot of people with thousands of posts to their name are being towards post that are basically, "Hey, this would be nice, right guys?" I was honestly expecting better of the actual Arma community.

Who is hostile? (i quickly went through the whole topic, but i couldnt find any hostility - on the contrary, i would say that all posters in this topic are behaving quite nicely)

In my opinion, it would add to atmosphere... but I don't believe it should have the man power diverted into doing that on all the weapons.

I rather them concentrate on bug fixing, optimization, and getting the rest of the game completed and shipped out in waves during alpha/beta.

After the work is done in that aspect, if they have the time before release... then maybe then. But, that's doubtful.