Sign in to follow this  
curtcooll

trigger activation

Ok ive got helicopter support module and a trigger which when ai unit spawns it allows me to call for heli now using a ai re spawn script the ai re spawns but ignores the trigger which moves the ai unit into the driver seat is there anyway using script i can add to current respawn which means the trigger with a name is able to be reused by the ai unit to recall the heli upon death of the unit.

Have you tried reading your post?

Punctuation marks are great for improving readability.

As far as triggers are concerned: They (regular ones) have to be deactivated before they can be activated again.

What you could do in this case is to add a variable to the trigger that checks if the number of units inside the trigger has changed.

condition:

this && (oldcount != count thisList)

activation:

oldcount = count thisList;

ps.: Feel free to have a look at my signature.

ps.: Feel free to have a look at my signature.

sorry about no punctuation i dont do well with it sorry ill get my gf in future to post message's lol sad but i try to but hey.ok what ive just done is try adding in condition and activation to what you just gave me and trigger didnt work at all, ive done this for the trigger at the moment.

condition:

alive jork

activation:

jork assignasdriver heli; jork moveindriver heli; helicopter synchronizeObjectsAdd [jork];

this syncs up unit to module but using a re spawn script for ai the trigger dont work, however when i put the ai as a playable unit with same trigger it works but there a issue with that is the ai seems to remember the last coords i gave him and fly there which the module does not work at all.so as far as i can tell i either need to do something in the editor to make it so the ai is completly reset and the trigger activates im guessing the script i have reset the ai pilot name which means trigger wont work at all.

i do appreciate the help and i knows its frustrating trying to read my crap if i could do it myself i would this is all i need to do and happy days.

Edited by curtcooll