Sign in to follow this  
jureidinim

Future of 1.05 Beta?

Hoping the devs can update us on what the plans are for 1.05 Beta.

Will changes be made soon to the Beta itself based on the feedback given so far/new improvements? Will 1.05 Beta go Live as is and we wait on a 1.06?

I figure Arma 3 is getting a lot of (devs) attention now - just wondering :-)

I'd like to hear some news too. Seems awful quiet here lately.

On the plus side, I just ordered a physical copy of ARMA X Anniversary Edition for the PC. It's coming from Germany and seems like the last copy on Earth. I will be buying ARMA 3 when it too is available as a boxed purchase.

I'm disappointed, to those who buy their games, leave us stranded, a real shame.

E. Cueto

nobody is left stranded, first is weekend second ... the next update is WIP ...

nobody is left stranded, first is weekend second ... the next update is WIP ...

March 12th : Tuesday

March 21th : Thursday

Don't know when the weekend starts and ends @BIS but these a normal workingsdays in europe.

Beside the fact it takes nearly two weeks for an official statement.

The lack of communication implements as hugh desintrest on the side of BIS and it's understandable that the users/ower guesses the game wont be developed/updated anymore.

Edited by Raptor

I for one am not displeased...mainly curious. These things take time and the company cannot be expected to document every step they take and report it to us on a regular basis. On the other hand, it's good to hear something just to let people know things are still moving. That's why you see an hourglass icon when you click on an application to launch it.

As can be seen here...people's imaginations get the best of them over time during the quiet times.

I counsel patience.

I fully expect any company to document every step. Not doing so is poor management.

Now reporting that to the public is another matter.

I guess I'm a bit sympathetic since I too develop and support software. People generally want things almost immediately as a rule of thumb. LOL

It just occurred to me: Carrier Command Gaea Mission is to BIS what Aliens: Colonial Marines is to Gearbox Software. Think about it: Both studios have big games under their belt -- BIS has the ArmA series, Gearbox has Borderlands.

Just like Gearbox just totally stopped talking about Aliens: Colonial Marines at all, BIS did with CCGM. In the case of Gearbox, they were using money they had received from Sega to develop ACM on Borderlands, and outsourced development to other studios while they focused on their 'own' titles, so to speak. In the case of BIS, they inherited this game from another studio, and it's painfully obvious that they, in similar fashion, have shifted resources to a bigger project: ArmA 3. There is one key difference however: Gearbox is attempting to patch their broken game, and these patches are aimed at the game's most critical problems, whereas in this case, the changes are either minimal or they fail to address the problem in any significant way. ACM has multiplayer, and this is touted as being the only point where the game rises above mediocrity. When asked if CCGM would have multiplayer, BIS commented that if the game became popular enough, they would consider it. One last comparison: Randy Pitchford, who bore a large part of the brunt for his studio releasing a bad game, blocked anyone who commented about it on his twitter feed. On this forum, the few people who complain about moderators are also banned. The key difference here is that in this case is that banning someone here takes away like 5% of the game's entire community since this game gained much less attention than ACM, whereas Randy banning someone on Twitter is absolutely insignificant to the game. Different issues, but definitely some similarity there, too.

It's fun, and informative, to draw parallels!

Edited by Ghebraant

I am happy to hear a patch is still being looked at for CCGM. I fully understand that ARMA 3 is the big fish here - but still hope we get some update to CCGM soon.

Glad to see work continuing on the patches. Was hoping for more to do with the new tech system. But happy nonetheless :-)

Is this going to stay in beta forever?

Is that it?

Is this the end?

sometime soon

sometime soon

And SOON is always better than NEVER. :D

And SOON is always better than NEVER. :D

Copy that, too. I will checking in irregular periods, but for me, V1.04 was already good enough. Maybe I am too easy satisfied. I dunno. Anyway I will test anything official that comes out from here.

I love this game so much. I don't know what people are complaining about. I mean it's more than playable, just needs a bit of tidying up that's all.

It's mod-able, It looks great once you get use to the graphics, the music is great, and most of all it play's near as damit to the original. People should be lapping it up not complaining. They don't know how lucky they are, getting a remake of CC. Spoiled buggers. ;)

Edited by Dajunka

People should be lapping it up not complaining. They don't know how lucky they are, getting a remake of CC. Spoiled buggers. ;)

I don't get where you see people complaining; This forum's dead. The people complaining, along with pretty much everyone else, left a long time ago because BIS ignored this game after releasing it broken.

I don't get where you see people complaining; This forum's dead. The people complaining, along with pretty much everyone else, left a long time ago because BIS ignored this game after releasing it broken.

Stop complaining. :)

The forum's not completely dead, I'm still watching for updates. It hasn't been that long since the last update and another one has been promised. Even in its current form, I think the (strategy) game is pretty awesome, especially if you play with my mod (shameless plug). The main thing I think that needs fixed is the manta AI needs to fly in a straight line between waypoints instead of trying to do something too fancy and getting them killed.

I love this game so much. I don't know what people are complaining about. I mean it's more than playable, just needs a bit of tidying up that's all.

It's mod-able, It looks great once you get use to the graphics, the music is great, and most of all it play's near as damit to the original. People should be lapping it up not complaining. They don't know how lucky they are, getting a remake of CC. Spoiled buggers. ;)

mod-able? it is not yet possible to mod any units at all....(edit: except some scripts)

music is great? I believe the game only has 2 tracks, one for the menu, and one that plays when you capture an island, no battle music etc...

plays near as (what?) to the original? you couldn't be more wrong on that, either. (this is explained in my bugs list post in troubleshooting forum).

mod-able? it is not yet possible to mod any units at all....(edit: except some scripts)

music is great? I believe the game only has 2 tracks, one for the menu, and one that plays when you capture an island, no battle music etc...

plays near as (what?) to the original? you couldn't be more wrong on that, either. (this is explained in my bugs list post in troubleshooting forum).

Just as it sounds.

It's mod-able.

The music is great.

I get as much enjoyment if not more, from CCGM, as I did when playing the OG.

I hope many are just waiting (as me) for the dev framework to become final.

The game is top.