Sign in to follow this  
TEAMKILLER

What will happen to Stratis after the Alpha / Beta?

Hey guys! Im wondering what will happen to stratis after the full release? Its a very good map if you ask me, not to small and not to big. Its perfectly good for some Deathmatch or Team-Deathmatch. I have read that it will be used for training missions only! I hope we will still have the option to use it if we buy / host a server.

The Dynamic Zombie Sandbox is ideal for this map, especially wasteland ;)

It will come with ArmA 3 as a small map, just like ArmA 2 came with Utes and Chernarus

Glad they are keeping Straits into the full version. Nice little map to do smaller missions to introduce people new to ARMA games. Full size maps could be a bit daunting to some people and put them off.

If only they could combine them and make one super map...

Put Stratis alongside Altis, twice the fun!

They actually are that way in real life.

OFP/Arma has always had multiple islands on release. As for the desert map I'm could one can be made very quickly.

Hello there

Perhaps they will? The DAYZ SA will allegedly incorporate Utes and Chernarus together.

But at this time perhaps the trade off between lots of land and FPS just isn't worth it.

TBH Altis should be more than enough for a long time to come IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

If they did, though, you'd just have to hope your PC doesn't blow up or become unplayable like Taviana is for some players on Arma II.

meh, im not impressed by Stratis at all...it's got absolutely no diversification to speak of, which for mission making is really bad since one mission will likely feel very similar to another...playing a mission on 1 side of the island is the same as playing a mission on the opposite side...this means that this piece of terrain is going to get old VERY fast. In fact im already bored with the area and probably won't use it much by the time the larger island is released. To me it's just a giant grassy rock jutting out above the sea. No flat areas or grassy meadows, no streams, no cities...nuttin! lol

...I'd prefer playing on an updated Sahrani...even just southerm Sahrani has tons more to offer.

Edited by BigShot

I have read that it will be used for training missions only! I hope we will still have the option to use it if we buy / host a server.

What will probably happen is that the campaign will be on the big Island, but you will still be able to play on the other Island if you want.

Edited by nicolasroger

They actually are that way in real life.

OFP/Arma has always had multiple islands on release. As for the desert map I'm could one can be made very quickly.

they're 30km apart in real life.

meh, im not impressed by Stratis at all...it's got absolutely no diversification to speak of, which for mission making is really bad since one mission will likely feel very similar to another...playing a mission on 1 side of the island is the same as playing a mission on the opposite side...this means that this piece of terrain is going to get old VERY fast. In fact im already bored with the area and probably won't use it much by the time the larger island is released. To me it's just a giant grassy rock jutting out above the sea. No flat areas or grassy meadows, no streams, no cities...nuttin! lol

...I'd prefer playing on an updated Sahrani...even just southerm Sahrani has tons more to offer.

it's a small island, of course there's no diversification. you expect sandstorms on one end and blizzards on the other? :rolleyes:

Just to confirm: Stratis will of course remain available in the full game :)

wait...you mean you prefer cardboard box buildings?

Why would they go through all the effort of modeling it then not include it in the final game?

FPDR

They will or may release the map eventually. Maybe not.

If not then the map is designed for testing purposes. They need to test the AI and everything so they crammed everything in one small map.

Don't worry too much.

If you want to design a car, you have to test it, you are not going to test that prototype car on sand or gravel? You test it on asphalt. Same with games.

If not then the map is designed for testing purposes. They need to test the AI and everything so they crammed everything in one small map.

Don't worry too much.

If you want to design a car, you have to test it, you are not going to test that prototype car on sand or gravel? You test it on asphalt. Same with games.

Did you completeley disregard what DnA just wrote?

The amount of work that has gone into Stratis to get it to the stage it's at right now - it makes the mind boggle that it could be considered by some as simply a testbed island.

If only they could combine them and make one super map...

altris doesnt need stratis to be a super map

unbenannt83uu7.jpg

Don't worry too much.

All ArmA games come with at lest one big island and a small one.

small island serves both as a playable area and a testbed for modder. (It's faster loading small island)

Compare Stratis to Utes, if you're "not impressed by it".

People forgot there's Altis on the horizon, with 270 sq. km landmass & 700-900 sq. km map. (Inc sea)