The M468 was their plan to replace the current Colt M4/M16 system, its the direct predecessor to the REC7 which is made for civilian sales as well as LE and limited MIL (yes Spec Ops can use this weapon, its not very common but they CAN). There are a number of changes from the M468 to the REC7, one being the gas tube as previously noted by Ckrauslo, another is the upper receiver assembly which can be fitted for 5.56x45mm NATO and 6.8mm SPC, while the M468 was only chambered for 6.8 SPC as the proposed replacement for the 5.56x45mm NATO round during the development of the M855 round which IMO is garbage. The Trigger assembly was also redesigned to fit operator gloves like the knuckle guards from Blackhawk! and the gas plug system was overhauled from an H&K design which has a major wear and tear flaw to a newer much more reliable anti-tilt design.

EricJ has an M468 in his pack, it lacks textures and uses 5.56 ammo, but if you can get someone to give it a proper texture he'll reconfigure it. and you'll have your M468 ;)

Well if you are interested I'll send over the source model as it's on par with your quality. I can't remember for the life of me who made it but yeah PM me if you are interested though.

Sorry I was unaware of such rule. I'm not going to pester the developer to a release a mod. It's their creation and they can take as much time as they want with it. I mean no disrespect and apologize for stepping out of line.

Sorry I was unaware of such rule. I'm not going to pester the developer to a release a mod. It's their creation and they can take as much time as they want with it. I mean no disrespect and apologize for stepping out of line.

No worries, perhaps take some time to read the rules you agreed to when joining the forum :)

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Posting "any news" or "is it out yet" type posts are also spam. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, Post Restriction and/or formal warning.

well,let RH finish the updates for the M4/M16 and the pistol pack first.We can talk about the new weapons later.

Is the mod going to be coded around the impending Bootcamp update?

Edited by TheShroud

Is the mod going to be coded around the impending Bootcamp update?

From the private messages RH and I send back and forth it SEEMS so, do NOT take my word for it. Rest assured RH is working VERY hard on this pack and so am I with the ballistics, this pack should be THE defining pack for AR platform rifles. This pack will include 5.56x45mm NATO, 7.62x51mm NATO, 6.8x43mm SPC (I will not be working on 6.5x38mm Grendel, good hunting round, not a very good combat round), and .300 AAC Blackout. As for .300 AAC Blackout I am doing more research than normal on it due to the potential of the round as a 5.56x45mm replacement.

Yes , there will be "Bootcamp" updates of configs (PDW&Pistolpack) but M4/M16 you have to wait for the new version

I will try my best to finish it before Bootcamp dlc and then after it , release it

Hey, Robert I know you're busy but would you mind if I sent you a PM and asked you a question? It's not for a gun, or anything. Just need some help/advice.

Ok - who wants to do those Gear UI pics of weapons? , thats 9 new guns that need 8 pics each for attachment variants = 72 pics :D

and thats without camo ones , but i wont add those since BIS dont care why should I - damn you BIS Dev who made this amazing new UI weapon inventory pics system ...

Edited by RobertHammer

Lay it on me. Can't wait to see what goodies you've brought to us :)

Robert I would personally suggest you simply have one picture for each weapon (probably each camo variant as well), the attachments have their own preview pictures anyway. I really don't see the point of wasting time on them.

I think it might be so you can see if a weapon in cargo has attachments on it or not.

As much full-ass as it sounds, most people will get the base weapons and attach things to them rather than pick already-attachment-filled weapons from the box.

The icons denoting attachments are a neat addition but they're just that, an addition. It makes the already lengthy process of gearing up about 15 seconds faster.

Plus, one can simply mouse-over the weapon and the attachments on it will be listed.

Whichever the choice though, I'm still going to use this mod! It is /that/ awesome.

I agree about the attachments, I never use weapons that already have something attached to them. the inventory icons denoting what attachments the gun has are useful, but in the end, not needed. I can see if the weapon has attachments in my inventory, and on the ground they're visible on the gun model itself

I did not know it told weapon attachments with a mouse over. Yeah, does seem kinda pointless now, especially considering that the icons don't change with different attachments anyways.

Robert was watching a video that display your new version of the pistol pack, and also came across it while playing, but the SMG's contained in your pistol pack uses the grip and reload animation of pistols. and the bottom of the pistols grip kinda clip inside the hand "This one being almost no problem unless you pay too much attention" but will the grip with the 2 smg's Skorpion and tech 9 and the reload animation change?

Robert I would personally suggest you simply have one picture for each weapon (probably each camo variant as well), the attachments have their own preview pictures anyway. I really don't see the point of wasting time on them.

+1 this

I don't want to make scroll longer so my finger get pain for scrolling in Virtual Arsenal or Virtual Ammobox system

*snip*

1. That doesn't happen in Virtual Arsenal, don't put it in the same box as VAS.

2. Only the base weapons are in the Virtual Arsenal list.

3. Only in VAS do you get weapons via their classnames, which means you get all the weapons listed and the classnames associated with them, especially the classnames that include attachments.

This is not an addon problem, this is just how VAS works.

Yes I agree, and before anyone gets mad or something, kgino means he doesnt want to see the guns with pre equipped attachments flooding VA/VAS, in-case that wasn't clear enough to some people.

Anyway, don't want to see like nato russia sf weapon pack.

btw Massi fixed this some weeks ago ;-)