You talked about the Eotech hybrid with magnifier, are you going to be making it 3d? and animated?

Nope - technically it can be 3D zoom view but only IF bis added anim source or someway to animate the switch modes for optics + it needs proxies that are animatable (same way as in Dayz SA)

> http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5323

Edited by RobertHammer

Robert I just watched swiss's video on armaholic about your mods and I must say great job man. I personally haven't been able to check out your weapons yet but I will definitely do that tomorrow. I absolutely love the Kimber Night...so SWEEETTTTT!

Really hope to at least see some MG screenshots eventually, I love your high quality M4/M16 pack, I'd expect nothing more than 10/10 with the MG's.

BI lists that feedback ticket for animatible proxies for sight switching as "assigned" now, they also have the one for firing out of vehicles assigned too :j: lol so let's wait and see how that ticket you need to do this goes.:)

-MikeTim

Thank you so much for creating such high quality weapon packs for us all! :)

I would really love an AK series pack, since it's the most important firearm and there aren't really any amazing versions out there.

Here is a very detailed and realistic AK74 (wooden) model for CS:S I found, btw:

It would be cool to see a RH ak pack in the future, the thing with AK mods right now is that I am watching for RHS Russian Forces to be realeased, but at the same time I am also hoping to use the Sopmod AK pack from Warlord554 and Right now I use the HLC Aks and nato sf spetznaz weapons so compatibility is such a hassle for things in ArmA 3 because it doesn't include any current use magazines besides 556 stanags.

I hope someone makes a mega AK compatibility mod at some point

:(

Why is the damage so low on some of the rifles? I'm getting 3-6 shot kills

Why is the damage so low on some of the rifles? I'm getting 3-6 shot kills

Just the way the engine handles 5.56 the default MX is a 6.5 Grendel ammunition which theoretically would be standardized by 2035 but currently the standard for NATO is 5.56 which is a softer hitting round. Believe me I wish it would have more of the same damage model as was in A2 at least for 5.56.

Luckily there are a few mods that will change the damage values on the 5.56. Check out Redfield damage modifier.

In the next version of M4/M16 - it will use Spartan0536 Ballistics which will make 5.56 rounds more proper and more accurate to their real life stats

same goes for other calibers too like 7.62x51 etc

if that wont be enough then there also will be 2 variants that will use 6.8x43 SPC caliber

Quit playin with our hearts Robert! You know we are all dying to get ahold of the pack :P

if that wont be enough then there also will be 2 variants that will use 6.8x43 SPC caliber

oooh. goody, I can't wait! :bounce3:

In the next version of M4/M16 - it will use Spartan0536 Ballistics which will make 5.56 rounds more proper and more accurate to their real life stats

I am honored that such a well established mod developer will be using my ballistics, thank you sir. Now for everyone else......

I am working on 7.62x51, 6.8x43mm SPC (there will be an M4 and an M16 chambered in 6.8x43), .300 AAC Blackout, and updated 9x19mm Parabellum specifically enhanced for velocities out of an SMG length barrel. RH has quite a few neat surprises coming for you and he has been hard at work. Now I must get back to developing/writing more ballistics code for this mod pack before either RH himself or the ArmA mob kicks my butt for being late on delivery :P

Wait, so are they also compatible with the standard BIS mags? Or is this happening in a way that I don't understand?

Wait, so are they also compatible with the standard BIS mags?

Maybe but only with 5.56 - others will use new magazines

Wait, so are they also compatible with the standard BIS mags? Or is this happening in a way that I don't understand?

The BIS Default would be 6.5x39mm Grendel, I never have been a fan of the round since 6.8x43mm is available and is a better designed combat cartridge. While 6.5x39mm has good overall performance its cartridge design is terrible for a combat load, I will provide pictures below to give an example.

6.5x39mm Grendel vs 6.8x43mm SPC

65mmGrendel68mmSPC.jpg

*please note the 6.5x39mm Grendel is the cartridge on the left, the 6.8x43mm SPC is the cartridge on the right. The 6.5 Grendel round is using a ballistic tipped round while the 6.8 SPC is using a Ball type FMJ design, for a more accurate picture of a 6.8 SPC with a ballistic tip check the image below and compare. The 6.5 Grendel does have feeding issues due to cartridge design, however it does have excellent long range (300m+) performance, its not a terrible round, its just not as well suited to man vs man combat as a 6.8x43mm SPC is.

6.8 SPC Ballistic Tip

68SPC110Vmax.JPG

to Compare an M855 to a 6.8 SPC that are of the same type of design...

68mm101grpenetratorvsM855againstste.jpg

I will not lie, the 6.5x39mm due to the design of the bullet has better long range performance on paper, however its in the wounding that it becomes an issue when stacking up against the 6.8 SPC. The 6.8mm SPC has a higher yaw at long ranges and also when using an OTM type round shows larger deformation/expansion and seperation at critical depths than 6.5 Grendel.

The BIS Default would be 6.5x39mm Grendel, I never have been a fan of the round since 6.8x43mm is available and is a better designed combat cartridge. While 6.5x39mm has good overall performance its cartridge design is terrible for a combat load, I will provide pictures below to give an example.

6.5x39mm Grendel vs 6.8x43mm SPC

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/TK4063/Weapons/Personal%20Firearms/65mmGrendel68mmSPC.jpg

*please note the 6.5x39mm Grendel is the cartridge on the left, the 6.8x43mm SPC is the cartridge on the right. The 6.5 Grendel round is using a ballistic tipped round while the 6.8 SPC is using a Ball type FMJ design, for a more accurate picture of a 6.8 SPC with a ballistic tip check the image below and compare. The 6.5 Grendel does have feeding issues due to cartridge design, however it does have excellent long range (300m+) performance, its not a terrible round, its just not as well suited to man vs man combat as a 6.8x43mm SPC is.

6.8 SPC Ballistic Tip

http://store.iqmetals.com/images/products/detail/68SPC110Vmax.JPG

to Compare an M855 to a 6.8 SPC that are of the same type of design...

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/68mm101grpenetratorvsM855againstste.jpg

I will not lie, the 6.5x39mm due to the design of the bullet has better long range performance on paper, however its in the wounding that it becomes an issue when stacking up against the 6.8 SPC. The 6.8mm SPC has a higher yaw at long ranges and also when using an OTM type round shows larger deformation/expansion and seperation at critical depths than 6.5 Grendel.

That was actually very interesting to read and I learned a few things about Grendel and SPC, especially since my only real experience with 6mm rounds is five shots of 6.5 Creedmor. However I believe you misunderstood me. When I asked if they were compatible with the BIS mags I was talking about the 5.56x45 ones, wrt to

. Still, great post.

That was actually very interesting to read and I learned a few things about Grendel and SPC, especially since my only real experience with 6mm rounds is five shots of 6.5 Creedmor. However I believe you misunderstood me. When I asked if they were compatible with the BIS mags I was talking about the 5.56x45 ones, wrt to . Still, great post.

The M4/M16's are they are now will still use the BIS default and my ballistics magazines. However from what RH has told me in PM's he is also making a set chambered for 6.8x43mm SPC that should be nearly identical, think of it as a upper receiver replacement, and what probably should have happened to our arsenal already.

Addendum: I know 5.56x45mm NATO is absolutely lethal on man targets at 400-500m ranges especially with MK 318 Mod 0 SOST and definitely MK 262 Mod 1 SPR as they have shown devastating results, the issue I still have with 5.56x45mm is that its carbine and SBR performance is very very limiting, where as a 14.5 inch M4 chambered in 6.8x43 has 2x the power and a better ballistic range with only a 15-20% increase in felt recoil. Problem is getting NATO to approve a new AR round and that's about as likely as Colt replacing the direct impingement system with a plugged gas piston system. However some special operators have used both 6.8 SPC and they liked the enhanced performance over the M855 which was the staple at the time (M855 is garbage IMHO).

Maybe but only with 5.56 - others will use new magazines

Will you ever make an AR-15 IAR, namely a M27 with a 5.56 version of the surefire mag used by the vanilla MX-SW?

Hey there gotta say i love your weapons they are pretty much the only ones i use. I thought id show u some ideas to make this mod that much better. For one the sounds of the weapons are kinda a turn off is there a way to make them sound more like in this video i am about to link u. Also in this video it be nice to see this kind of rail cover in tan with a grip And it would be awsome to get the attachments on one either side of the gun or even more then one attachment like a flash light and a lazer. Sounds from this video would seriously be a game changer if u were able to make it work with your weapons.

. Watch the quick video. Keep up the good work man

@lincolnlou

No offense bro, but uhh... please use commas.

Trying to read what you wrote is pretty hard to properly follow, and RobertHammer probably is much less likley to take your suggestion typed like that.

I can see what you mean when you say the sounds are a bit of a turn-off, but there are not really any other sounds for ArmA 3 right now that I have heard that I think would really be good, and remember, he has to get the sounds. Unless you can find a place (I can't) to get sounds that are better, he can only use what he has.

So he can try to take your suggestion and use it as feedback for his development I suggest you reformat that post and use actual sentences/commas.

And if you need help, here is a guide on how to use commas: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/GRAMMAR/commas.htm

@lincolnlou

No offense bro, but uhh... please use commas.

Trying to read what you wrote is pretty hard to properly follow, and RobertHammer probably is much less likley to take your suggestion typed like that.

I can see what you mean when you say the sounds are a bit of a turn-off, but there are not really any other sounds for ArmA 3 right now that I have heard that I think would really be good, and remember, he has to get the sounds. Unless you can find a place (I can't) to get sounds that are better, he can only use what he has.

So he can try to take your suggestion and use it as feedback for his development I suggest you reformat that post and use actual sentences/commas.

And if you need help, here is a guide on how to use commas: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/GRAMMAR/commas.htm

I did not think it mattered how i typed things out. I just woke up when i wrote all of that and with the sounds... Perhaps there is a method of recording sounds from war footage to get the perfect M4 or whatever sound you need.

Not sure if you watched the video i posted but if you are able to record the sounds from a video like that i am sure you can use those for weapons. These RH weapons are the most detailed mods ive seen yet just would love to see

alittle more raw sounds and more attachments like in the video.

He's already said he's making a JSRS plug-in for his guns, so sounds will change (and improve by most accounts).