Are the first two supposed to be the FNP/FNX 45 Tactical? And where is its micro red dot model from, the one that maionaze posted in the "Confirmed features & discussion" thread?

it is FNP 45 Tactical and no , it is custom

BIS FNP will be tan i guess with tan Insight MRD and also with TLR-3 Tactical Light attachment

almost like in this pic > http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/1614/fnp45tactical002.jpg

Edited by RobertHammer

Thanks for confirming my initial impression about the weapon's identity, but I wasn't aware that BI was including a FNP/FNX? Also, I was under the impression that you only use previously created models, unless this one was created for your use in Arma 3?

For what it's worth, here's a photo of the FNX 45 Tactical with a Trijicon RMR instead. (Re: FNP and FNX -- the FNX is what FNH USA makes now, but apparently they're so similar that several gun owner forum threads about them were confused and curious re: the difference; from all I've read they're basically identical as far to the extent that Arma 3 simulates small arms.)

Looks sexy! Can't wait!

Also will there be a MK18mod1 soon?

MK18 will be ready in a few weeks. Now that the SOTG are done for Arma 2 I can focus on finishing up the lods and a few extra attachments.

Amazing and beautiful work roberthammer, i wish you all the best of luck with your projects!

MK18 will be ready in a few weeks. Now that the SOTG are done for Arma 2 I can focus on finishing up the lods and a few extra attachments.

Awesome! It is hands down my favorite gun. Working on making me KWA LM4C into one at the moment.

Holy crap is that a MP-412 REX? Yes, that's a REX! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Holy crap was my last series of posts in density really in like 2010? Wow...

I also heard Rob say Mk 18 in that post on the last page. sweeeeeet!

Edited by Blueteamguy

howdy wondering how that MK18 stuff and other mods are doing? need any help?

well not much news - i haven't got any new info about those mk18 but don't worry they will be ,but when i have no idea :D

in other news? hmm there will be something very sooon ;)

RH we're just happy and pleased to know you are in your little workshop and your elves are toiling away. Happy Festivus to all!

... define "Magpul variant"? Of what?

the Mk18 mod1 of course...

zero-dark-thirty3.jpg

1682434-poster-1940-zero-dark-thirty-script-action.jpg

and I realize those guns are possibly in fact 416's, but RH does the best work when it comes to weapon fabrication and what ever he throws out always says "Operator" which is something we all like.

Edited by Rockdpm

IMFDB identifies them as 416's. :p The stock is Magpul though, possibly the magazines as well.

However, the MK 18 MOD 1 is a distinct system with no Magpul "furniture", albeit magazines, so for those who insist on authenticity a "Magpul variant" doesn't exist. However, here are screenshots of the Mk 18 Mod 1 for Arma 3 (WIP) by Robert Hammer & ardvarkdb, for the benefit of those readers who haven't seen them already. :D

IMFDB identifies them as 416's. :p The stock is Magpul though, possibly the magazines as well.

However, the MK 18 MOD 1 is a distinct system with no Magpul "furniture", albeit magazines, so for those who insist on authenticity a "Magpul variant" doesn't exist. However, here are screenshots of the Mk 18 Mod 1 for Arma 3 (WIP) by Robert Hammer & ardvarkdb, for the benefit of those readers who haven't seen them already. :D

https://danieldefense.com/rifles/carbine-length/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-mk18-factory-sbr-black.html

"And thats all I have to say about dat"

By which you mean "a Daniel Defense AR-15". ;) (I don't care that it's marketed as "MK18".)

Still, I get your meaning here, and hopefully it would indeed be a relatively simple thing to create... although I'm not too comfortable with the idea of yet more variants until the attachment compatibility system (something Alwarren has gone into no small detail about) is adjusted, good grief.

By which you mean "a Daniel Defense AR-15". ;) (I don't care that it's marketed as "MK18".)

Still, I get your meaning here, and hopefully it would indeed be a relatively simple thing to create... although I'm not too comfortable with the idea of yet more variants until the attachment compatibility system (something Alwarren has gone into no small detail about) is adjusted, good grief.

good grief...why wouldn't you be uncomfortable with an addon you receive for free, be it one variant or more

a bit of topic, for some time you seem to believe it is of utmost importance to make your own opinion noted in every single thread out there, be it an addon thread you have no part in creating or know anything remotely about (such as this one), or in wider discussion of some sort. care to share why you feel this need? Because obviously you cannot talk for some else, nor you have produced any sort of phrase that would add to this thread.

I'm talking about the fact that we're still stuck with underbarrel attachments not being simulated and the fact that attachment compatibility is on a per-weapon and per-attachment basis instead of based on mounting types. :rolleyes:

This isn't a knock on RH's work or what he may choose to do, because the accessory situation is a limitation that's not his fault, and what he produced in the pistol pack (I haven't tried out the KAC PDW as much as the pistol pack) is fine work despite said limitation-that-isn't-his-fault, while the main culprit of no true accessory modularity has been fixed by BI.

Edited by Chortles

I'm talking about the fact that we're still stuck with underbarrel attachments not being simulated and the fact that attachment compatibility is on a per-weapon and per-attachment basis instead of based on mounting types. :rolleyes: This isn't a knock on RH's work or what he may choose to do, because the accessory situation is a limitation that's not his fault, and what he produced in the pistol pack (I haven't tried out the KAC PDW as much as the pistol pack) is fine work despite said limitation-that-isn't-his-fault.

1. i would say this is hardly the thread to talk about the current limitation of the game engine.

2. under barrel attachements are simulated, they are simple to being handled as proxies, as with any other attachments and the current system

so again, what is the purpose of the above post, where the topic is Daniel Defense Ar-15 and not the attachments system?

Not simulated as detachable attachments like suppressors, optics and lasers/lights...

As far as not liking the idea of more variants, it's a holdover from my dislike of how there were so many variants back in the Arma 2 packs (I saw it as inventory list clutter) due to the lack of modular accessories, but with that having been resolved in Arma 3 I'll concede the point in the case of his Arma 3 packs (that I shouldn't hold against them the limitations of the Arma 2 packs).

One more variant can't actually hurt, I suppose I'd just like to see Rockdpm linked called "Daniel Defense AR-15" or otherwise distinctly named differently from the Mk 18 Mod 1s that are already in progress.

Not simulated as detachable attachments like suppressors, optics and lasers/lights...

As far as not liking the idea of more variants, it's a holdover from my dislike of how there were so many variants back in the Arma 2 packs (I saw it as inventory list clutter) due to the lack of modular accessories, but with that having been resolved in Arma 3 I'll concede the point in the case of his Arma 3 packs, that one more variant can't actually hurt, I suppose I'd just like to see Rockdpm linked called "Daniel Defense AR-15" or otherwise distinctly named differently from the Mk 18 Mod 1s that are already in progress.

The main reason for the under barrel not being handled as a supressor has to do with the hand animation, or again, the lack of properly IK implementation (although bis said IK implementation will make it in in A3), i have yet to see how this is in (maybe for wheels, but if that is the extent for it...well).

The fact that you cannot set the hand animation in a proxy is another reason.

Back to the topic, if (and i believe it will) the current system stays the same due to one reason or another, most weapons created will have to have a individual model for forward grip, underbarell and bipod. Pity or not, there is no way around it.

As far as not liking the idea of more variants, it's a holdover from my dislike of how there were so many variants back in the Arma 2 packs (I saw it as inventory list clutter) due to the lack of modular accessories, but with that having been resolved in Arma 3 I'll concede the point in the case of his Arma 3 packs (that I shouldn't hold against them the limitations of the Arma 2 packs).

One more variant can't actually hurt, I suppose I'd just like to see Rockdpm linked called "Daniel Defense AR-15" or otherwise distinctly named differently from the Mk 18 Mod 1s that are already in progress.

And how do you suppose I change the name of a link "I DID NOT MAKE" . I agree with PuFu, you act as thought your opinion is of utmost importance. Your not in charge of this project so trying to act like your by telling someone they can't have this or that really makes you look out of place. Oh and one more thing technically if we went all the way back, im pretty sure all m4, mk18, and hk416's were designed off the original ar15 plateform and modified over the years. So your continuity to try to make me look like I don't know firearms also makes your words completely irrelevant to me to near "Non- existant".

So can someone from RH's team give us a ETA on the MK18's or did you guys go all company corporate and put it under NDA